What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games Thread- #8 Women's bball on the road to face #22 Utah (Fri., 2/16/24, 6:00 PM MT), #10 USC (Fri., 2/23, 8:00 PM MT) & #9 UCLA (Mon., 7:00 PM MT)

Simple. Defense
She was a net negative cause for some reason after good defense she was running the offense and had 4 turnovers and no points. I really like Kendall but she had no offensive confidence.
I cannot figure out our strategy to get the 3-point shooters open? We are so easy to defend and every Pac12 team has figured it out.
No plan, no confidence, I feel for them

CU's half court offense is so painful to watch - against top tier teams. It takes too much time to get players into position and then moving. When thee shop clock gets below about 12 seconds there Sherrod or Wetta just dribble around hoping to get a shot off.

The Buffs stayed in the game until the last 40 seconds so by getting a lot of turnovers. They shot the ball 56 times to UCLA's 48, but hit only 16!

The best thing I have seen lately from other teams is a Double big screen to pin everyone down and a 3-point shooter slides out and gets a clean shot

We just have zero creativity or ability to get Maddie or Frida open. Painful and now we have 1 week to regain our footing

4 games ago, we could have been ranked #1 if we won.

Now, we risk falling from the top 20.

Offense is broken. Jalen won't take an open 3, we insist on driving into contact, and instead of taking it into their bigs to maybe draw the foul, we stop and get blocked, or try a sidestep layup, which also gets blocked.

Don't know what happened to the offense we ran for the first 20ish games, but it's gone.

4 games ago, we could have been ranked #1 if we won.

Now, we risk falling from the top 20.

Offense is broken. Jalen won't take an open 3, we insist on driving into contact, and instead of taking it into their bigs to maybe draw the foul, we stop and get blocked, or try a sidestep layup, which also gets blocked.

Don't know what happened to the offense we ran for the first 20ish games, but it's gone.
I don’t see them at risk of dropping out of the top 20 for losing to the #8 team on the road. The games to be frustrated about are UCLA and OSU at home.

I received an important phone call just as the game started so I was watching live stats and not believing what I was seeing.

45 points does not win basketball games. I do not understand what is happening to this team.

Shooting 28% does not win games.

I am happy I didn't see this game. I tried to watch the recording but I knew the outcome and it was just too ugly.

I will not be wearing my Three-da shirt on game day ever again.

I received an important phone call just as the game started so I was watching live stats and not believing what I was seeing.

45 points does not win basketball games. I do not understand what is happening to this team.

Shooting 28% does not win games.

I am happy I didn't see this game. I tried to watch the recording but I knew the outcome and it was just too ugly.

I will not be wearing my Three-da shirt on game day ever again.
They just need to re-group and win the pac 12 tourney. The season has been a story of highs and lows. Sad the lows are the 2nd half. Would rather have started slow and built up! This team is going to finish in the middle of the pac 12. Disappointing!

They just need to re-group and win the pac 12 tourney. The season has been a story of highs and lows. Sad the lows are the 2nd half. Would rather have started slow and built up! This team is going to finish in the middle of the pac 12. Disappointing!
At this point, I'd be stunned if the Buffs win the Pac 12 tourney. They don't look like they'll get a bye and thus would need to win 4 games in a row three of which would most likely be against top 15 teams.

At this point, I'd be stunned if the Buffs win the Pac 12 tourney. They don't look like they'll get a bye and thus would need to win 4 games in a row three of which would most likely be against top 15 teams.
And at the same time, they beat Stanford, Utah and USC, and were very much in games against UCLA and had a chance to pick up road wins with Utah and USC again. I wouldn't be "stunned" but it's gonna be tough

And at the same time, they beat Stanford, Utah and USC, and were very much in games against UCLA and had a chance to pick up road wins with Utah and USC again. I wouldn't be "stunned" but it's gonna be tough
They need to decide which team shows up. We’ve had plenty of middle of the road teams in the pac 12 while we were a member. Either make a statement in the tourney or those victories seems like luck or just an upset…. Rather than a good team that won.

You guys are starting to sound like the #FireJR group... patience
OMG- not saying that, not at all. JR has done a great job. She can’t score the points. This season has had a disappointing end but I do think if the players dig deep, the ending isn’t over. Win the PAC. I’m behind JR 100%.

You guys are starting to sound like the #FireJR group... patience
Also…. Just for context. When I heard Sherrid and Quay were coming back for this season, it felt like the sky was the limit. So it’s disappointing to think of them ending their career here on this note. This senior class is pretty special amongst CU WBB history. I WANT them to win. They deserve a championship.

I also want them to win for their sakes. That is the reason Quay and Jaylyn returned. They didn't return for what the last 4 games have been.

I am disappointed but still have some hope. Not as much as 2 weeks ago for sure.

Back