What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball ends 3 game road trip @ Cal (Wed.,1/10/24, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) & then head back home to host USC (Sat., 8:00 PM MT; ESPN2)

I’m definitely not advocating for Tad to be fired mid season, but he’s been here 14 years and never finished better than 3rd in the conference, and has only done that twice during that stretch I believe.

He’s a good coach and got CU to a nice spot, but he seems to have maxed out. A high floor but low ceiling hamster wheel right now. I support the team, but also believe it might be time for a new voice in the locker room.
Let's see where this group winds up finishing. They bounced back from an ugly first half tonight, but let's not get too excited over this win-USC's not very good.

As some of you may know, I have seats behind the visitors bench. There is a USC parent who is easily the worst parent I’ve experienced in like 12 years of sitting in this seat. There is also a guy who said he’s been a SC booster for like 40 years, nice enough guy, but he asked me how it felt to have the most hated coach in the conference. I set the record straight and made sure he knew Andy is disliked more than anyone not named Bobby Hurley.
I am by you and she was obnoxious. I also was able to get under Andy's skin one final time with one of my comments.

As some of you may know, I have seats behind the visitors bench. There is a USC parent who is easily the worst parent I’ve experienced in like 12 years of sitting in this seat. There is also a guy who said he’s been a SC booster for like 40 years, nice enough guy, but he asked me how it felt to have the most hated coach in the conference. I set the record straight and made sure he knew Andy is disliked more than anyone not named Bobby Hurley.
Throughout that FBI investigation issue, I got the sense that Tad Boyle had a certain respect for the other coaches, except for Enfield. CU had two timeouts at the end of this game, and... https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...ge-timeout-fbi-scandal-andy-enfield-tad-boyle

First half defense non existent. I believe I saw SC was shooting 57% at the half. Second half the defense showed up. SC ended at 36%. 21 points allowed in the second half with a couple garbage time buckets in the last 2 minutes. It’s all about the defense.

**** Andy Enfield.

Terrible refs. They should spend less time lifting weights, and watch more film.

Prime should have stayed till the end.

I usually like Walton, but thought he was an ass last night. His thing about mocking his partner (including taping a note to his head 2x) really makes big bill seem wimpy, imo.

I think Cody is playing at about 85% of his top game. he needs more practice and floor time.

About half the "fans" here, turn on the team when they are struggling. Those people don't care much about the team - it's all about them and their expectations. Maybe some of you should enter a portal and find a team and players you care about.

I know Bronny had the health issue, but I was not impressed with him at all.
If he didn’t have the name, he’d be the type of guy every team would love. Good defender, glue guy, smart. And through no fault of his own - or his dad - he gets this unfair burden placed on him. It sucks because by all accounts he’s a good kid who had a horrible health scare and should be allowed to return to game condition over time but they won’t let him. I think he’ll look much better next year.

If he didn’t have the name, he’d be the type of guy every team would love. Good defender, glue guy, smart. And through no fault of his own - or his dad - he gets this unfair burden placed on him. It sucks because by all accounts he’s a good kid who had a horrible health scare and should be allowed to return to game condition over time but they won’t let him. I think he’ll look much better next year.
Goose, you've displayed both humanity and nuanced perspective. That has no place on this board, and you should be ashamed.

Please return to reactionary, uninformed, id-based drivel, at once!

Love how this is the number 1 article on ESPNs college basketball section.

Myron Metalf also has an in depth breakdown of Bronnys first performance as a starter which was front page

I like going back and reading exclusively Zandi’s comments after a win. Just bitch, bitch, bitch and then silence as the game is coming to a close.
Listen, Zandi and I disagree on damn near everything - including the use of antidepressants - but dude is a full on true fan and I’ve seen him admit he was wrong before. I can forgive it a bit with him. There are others on the other hand who only get joy out of misery and disappear. Those can get the **** out.

Listen, Zandi and I disagree on damn near everything - including the use of antidepressants - but dude is a full on true fan and I’ve seen him admit he was wrong before. I can forgive it a bit with him. There are others on the other hand who only get joy out of misery and disappear. Those can get the **** out.
Does not name Seattle and 233.

Not a very exciting game overall but nice bounce back in the 2nd. Williams is impressive in person.

Don't know **** about James but weird seeing him be a complete non-factor.

Media after last night's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/1/13/mens-basketball-buffs-vs-usc

"

Buffs Rally To Top USC, Remain Unbeaten At Home​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER
— Colorado overcame a 16-point first half deficit and the Buffaloes rallied in the second half Saturday to take a 68-58 win over Southern California in front of a crowd of 10,005 at the CU Events Center.

Tad Boyle's Buffs ended a three-game losing streak to improve to 12-5 overall and 3-3 in Pac-12 play while also improving to 10-0 at home. The Trojans, playing without their two top scorers, dropped to 8-9, 2-4.

J'Vonne Hadley led the Buffs with 15 points, nine rebounds and three assists. Cody Williams scored 13 and Tristan da Silva and Eddie Lampkin Jr. each scored 12, with Lampkin adding seven rebounds.

Oziyah Sellers led USC with 18.

Colorado trailed by as much as 16 in the first half and the Trojans led 37-24 at the break. But the Buffs burst from the gate after intermission with a 12-2 run and finally took the lead midway through the half. CU then built a five-point lead and maintained that edge until the final minutes, when the Buffs managed to push their cushion to double digits.

Colorado shot just 31 percent in the first half (9-for-29) while the Trojans hit 15 of their 32 shots.

But the Buffs kicked in their defense in the second half and the offense prospered as a result. CU held the Trojans to just 24 percent shooting in the second period (7-for-29) while forcing 10 turnovers and the Buffs converted those miscues into 12 points. Colorado also shot 56 percent after the break (18-for-32).

The Buffs did lose the rebound battle, 40-36, but the big difference came in the transition game. Colorado outscored USC 21-3 in fast break points, with the Buffs tallying 17 of those in the second half.

"The credit goes to our kids," Boyle said. "They were frustrated, down at halftime. We weren't ourselves offensively or defensively. But they dug in in the second half. We really guarded them. They played with grit and toughness and we got the win."

TURNING POINT: Colorado's 12-2 run to start the second half changed the entire complexion of the game. Colorado erased USC's double digit lead and finally went ahead midway through the half and kept the Trojans at bay down the stretch.

WHAT IT MEANS: Colorado improved to 10-0 at home this year while ending a three-game losing streak. The Buffs now have a shot at league-leading Oregon next Thursday.

KEY STATISTICS: CU held the Trojans to just 24 percent shooting in the second period (7-for-29) while forcing 10 turnovers. The Buffs converted those miscues into 12 points … Colorado shot 56 percent (18-for-32) in the second half … CU outscored USC 21-3 in fast break points, with the Buffs tallying 17 of those in the second half.

NEXT UP: The Buffs get two more at home, beginning with an 8:30 p.m. game Thursday against Oregon (FS1) and a 5 p.m. contest Saturday against Oregon State (Pac-12 Network).
"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Box score -

The funniest thing about all of this is that the last two losses were by a combined 7 points. TDS cans a wide open 3 and the Cal game is likely a win.

We all shouldn't have gotten so damn high on the close wins by the football team to start the year, and the sky is not actually falling right now.
big brother GIF by Wetpaint

I still need to see us win a close one away. Fort Collins, Tempe, Berkeley were all winnable.
Sometimes you flip a fair coin 3 times and get tails 3 times in a row, actually like 12.5% of the time.

I think we just way over read into the Cal game, which is a win of TDS cans a wide open 3, which is also in the neighborhood of a coin flip.

Back