What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosting Oregon (Thurs., 1/18/24; 8:30 PM MT; FS1) and OSU (Saturday, 5:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Net.)

You’re both wrong!! TDS, CW and KJ have only played 3 games together in over a month. They need as much game situation time together as they can get!!
So them running clock and not the regular offense was good practice?

GTFOH

So them running clock and not the regular offense was good practice?

GTFOH
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

Media after today's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/1/20/mens-basketball-buffs-vs-beavers

"

Buffaloes Roll Past Beavers To Improve To 12-0 At Home​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER
— Colorado put six players in double figures Saturday and the Buffaloes took control early and never let up, rolling to a 90-57 win over Oregon State at the CU Events Center.

Tad Boyle's Buffs won their third in a row to improve to 14-5 overall and 5-3 in Pac-12 play while also improving to 12-0 at home — CU's best home start since the 1968-69 Buffs had a 12-0 home record.

Oregon State lost its fifth in a row to fall to 9-9, 1-6.

Tristan da Silva led CU with 19 points. Eddie Lampkin Jr. added 17, Cody Williams scored 16, KJ Simpson tallied 13 and Luke O'Brien and Assane Diop each chipped in 10 for Colorado (a career high for freshman Diop). Lampkin led CU with eight rebounds while Simpson and da Silva each grabbed seven. Julian Hammond III had five assists and Simpson dished out four.

Tyler Bilodeau led OSU with 18 as CU held the Beavers' leading scorer, Jordan Pope, to just 10 points — seven under his season average.

The Buffs were in control of this one from the outset. Colorado built a 20-point edge midway through the first half, pushed the margin to 45-23 at the break and extended the cushion to 33 early in the second half. Oregon State never came closer than 23 after intermission and CU led by as much as 36 in the final minutes.
The Buffaloes dominated nearly every statistical category. CU shot 52.5 percent from the floor (32-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 20-for-60 shooting, and Colorado also had a 41-31 edge on the boards.

CU is now 89-6 all-time under Boyle (5-0 this season) while hitting the "gold standard" — holding an opponent to 40 percent or less shooting and having at least a plus-8 margin in rebounds.

Colorado also had a 52-32 edge in the paint and the Buffs finished with 19 assists and just eight turnovers, matching their season low in that department.
"We challenged them at halftime to come out and not do what we've done all year, which is kind of let teams back in," Boyle said. "We did that. Six guys in double figures, 19 assists, eight turnovers — a lot of good things. Just a workmanlike effort by our guys."

"Every game matters," da Silva said after the game. "We can't be lackadaisical with certain opponents. We have to make sure that we dig in every single time that we step on the floor, whether it's from one half to another or from one game to another."

The Buffs played without regular starter J'Vonne Hadley, who missed the game with an injury, but 11 Buffs did see action. Along with his career-best 10 points, Diop also had a career-high four rebounds and two assists.

Now the Buffs turn their attention to an upcoming three-game road trip that will see CU play the Washington schools and Utah.

"We just went on a three-game road trip and came back 0-for-3," Boyle said. "Now we have another opportunity with a three-game road trip. It's not going to be easy and we just have to show what we can do."

TURNING POINT: The Buffaloes put this one away quickly, using a 19-2 run to take a 26-6 lead midway through the first half and the Beavers never threatened to make it a game after that.

WHAT IT MEANS: The Buffs moved up into a tie for fourth in the Pac-12 standings, just one game behind second place Arizona and Arizona State.

KEY STATISTICS: The Buffaloes shot 52.5 percent from the floor (32-for-61) while holding the Beavers to 20-for-60 shooting … Colorado \ had a 41-31 edge on the boards … The Buffs committed just eight turnovers, tying their season low.

NEXT UP: The Buffs hit the road for three in a row: a 9 p.m. game next Wednesday at Washington (ESPNU); a 3 p.m. game Saturday at Washington State (Pac-12 Network); and a 3 p.m. game Feb. 3 at Utah (Pac-12 Network).
"
____________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/oregon-state/boxscore/16607

1. The high school group that sung the anthem crushed it!

2.Do the floors in the CUEC stands ever get mopped?

Back in November, there was some red drink spilled in the row behind where I usually sit . I remember joking with friends about it still being there the next game.... It's still there! But the color has evolved into a greyish brown.

3. Again, I had no issues with traffic, but I did leave at the under 4-minute media TO.

4. Disappointed in the crowd tonight, especially the student section.

The HS group tonight was good, but Thursday's was 🔥 - they may have been the best I've seen. I know the parents love when they have the elementary choirs, but they are usually cringy (especially "land of the FReEEeEEEeeEE").

The crowd was nowhere near as into it as Thursday - the student section Thursday was one of the best.

Thursday was just a great night.

The HS group tonight was good, but Thursday's was 🔥 - they may have been the best I've seen. I know the parents love when they have the elementary choirs, but they are usually cringy (especially "land of the FReEEeEEEeeEE").

The crowd was nowhere near as into it as Thursday - the student section Thursday was one of the best.

Thursday was just a great night.
No input on the blood stain?

Ya TDS is basically guaranteed to be at least a 2nd round draft pick and I actually think his skills are actually better suited to the much faster pace of play you see in the NBA relative to college.

On another note last night's game was ****ing awesome and really felt like Cody's coming out party. He clearly struggled a bit in the 2 previous games due to rust, but tonight it was very obvious that he was the best player on the floor and was feeling very comfortable in the offense. And he really looked like a man among boys at times.

I also continue to be blown away by KJ's growth as a player to say the least. He's gone from being a 39/27/81 shooter as a sophomore to a 51/47/88 shooter, and is our leading scorer by a solid margin. He made timely shot after timely shot last night and I'm actually starting to get worried that he's going to end up declaring for the draft.

He's now projected as a late 2nd rounder on many mock drafts and I imagine his stock will continue to grow if he keeps up this level of performance. With Derrick White's emergence for my Celtics (16ppg on insane 47/41/90 shooting) and the hype around Cody I imagine interest from NBA teams will continue to grow. Tad gets a lot of hate on here (a lot of it unfair imo) but he's pretty incredible at developing talent.
We are going to be seeing a lot of pro scouts through the rest of the season.

Cody could be the #1, at worst (health assumed) he will be in the top 5. TDS is suited for the NBA, well rounded player who can do a lot of things, late 1st round, early 2nd at worst. KJ needs to stick around for another year but he might get talked into going, intriguing talent 2nd rounder.

And calling it here, Lampkin will be on an NBA roster next year. He may never be an NBA starter but he is a big body who can run. He will rebound, defend big guys, and can score inside. Will struggle against athletic big men but there is a place in the league for him.

Back in November, there was some red drink spilled in the row behind where I usually sit . I remember joking with friends about it still being there the next game.... It's still there! But the color has evolved into a greyish brown.

I don't think the stands have been mopped since Coors opening night in 1979,

Teams don't pull all their starters until the last four minutes. This is pretty standard practice for everybody. Go watch some other blowouts. The benches won't be emptied until the last four minutes.
So the factors were:

Starters had not played enough together
NBA Scouts
Working on burning clock
Other teams do it
-or-
Up by 30 against a really bad team
Risk of injury to 2 critical players who had already missed games due to injuries
Hungry bench that can always use minutes

Nobody got hurt and all is good, BUT at the 7:47 remaining minute mark my stomach was dropping every minute Cody or TDS or KJ were still in. Cody was in for a long time even below the 4:00 mark.

Good win
We are all on the same team

That performance moved us to #27 on KenPom. Iirc, we were #32 after Thursday.

Got things back on track. Now need to bank some road wins & notch a couple Quad 1s to make this regular season what we'd hoped.
Would winning in Seattle be a quad 1?

3. Again, I had no issues with traffic, but I did leave at the under 4-minute media TO.

Agreed on the crowd. Not sure why so few were there. Saturday night at 5 pm? You know the partiers aren't going to get moving until 9 or 10, plenty of time to watch a good basketball team. I'll cut them some slack on the lack of energy, it was fun to watch our guys do well and all that, but it really was a snoozefest from an excitement point of view.

We did the opposite on traffic - I decided since everyone was leaving so early that we would just hang out and watch the rest of the game, then take our time leaving and getting back to the car. Other than a minute or two getting started on moving in the parking garage, it was a breeze.

Back