What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball on the road @ UCLA (Thursday, 2/15/24, 7:00 PM MT; ESPN) & USC (Saturday, 8:00 PM MT; ESPN)

21 turnovers tho. We lead the P12 in TOs. This is an annual hallmark of Tad teams. WTAF is that? What would our record be if we were simply average at taking care of the ball? Maybe 21-5?

I’ll admit I was watching the game almost completely without emotion feeling the air of inevitability…and was very pleasantly surprised.

The players did not look remotely checked out.
I guess we still have NCAA hopes, but I think this team has to find a way to beat Wazzu in Vegas.

We all know a win over Arizona out there won't happen.

Looking ahead to Utah. Eddie was 11&10 but 8 TOs. TDS was 3 for 15. No CW or LOB. We scored 11 pts in last 1:52, KJ scored 10 of them. Unlikely but we need Utah to beat UCLA today.

Also, it’s funny as hell watching people in here show their whole ass. It’s one thing to be worried about the direction of the program. It’s fine to have questions or doubts that Tad can leave us out of this but when people who are supposed CU fans are out here cheering for Andy ****ing Enfield? Yeah, you can **** right off.

To further illustrate this point, it was 65-49 with just under 10 minutes left. SC was on their way to scoring 85ish in regulation. Regulation ended at 73-73. 8 points allowed the rest of the way when Eddie went to the bench. The offense also picked up, but the defense was the difference.
I checked the score at this point and went to sleep. You are all welcome

Holy **** I turned it off right before the 17-3 run. Good to see we finally showed some grit on the road

TDS played well down the stretch v. USC. I like the way they hung in there and kept it going. Nice win.

Would like to see more of that. Thanks.

Oh, and Boogie Ellis is a player.

TDS played well down the stretch v. USC. I like the way they hung in there and kept it going. Nice win.

Would like to see more of that. Thanks.

Oh, and Boogie Ellis is a player.
Ellis is good, and Collier will be in the NBA next year. Collier reminds me a little of James Harden. Kobe Johnson looked good and Morgan is an NBA caliber shot-blocker even though the rest of his game lacks polish. We won't get as much credit for beating USC this weekend as we deserve but that team full-strength is probably a top-4 PAC 12 team despite Enfield.

Besides the defense being bad this year I think the other thing missing is I hoped TDS would take the next step and develop consistency. When he is playing with confidence it unlocks so much.

Also, I agree with some other posters that our best 5 man lineup does not have Lampkin in it. Lampkin will still be valuable because he is the only guy on the team with the size to match up with Arizona/Utah. But against every other team we need to maximize the KJ, Cody, LOB, TDS, Hadley lineup in the minutes that count.

So I guess we’re cool with that? Being slightly worse than average? Being in the middle of a usually weak conference? Seems about right.
That's going to be the biggest adjustment to the Big 12. Having a slightly worse TORate than average makes you Oklahoma State.

Still need to be playing 2-3 games against tournament caliber teams OOC moving forward. Maybe add one.....say New Mexico....on top of Maui.

ucla's Mack should be suspended for a few games and/or criminally charged. An assault meant to hurt Carlson - nice that he won the game with a tip-in.

edit: I thought I was posting in the 'other games' thread

I felt like they were talking cheap shots in our game trying act like tough guys. **** those guys

ucla's Mack should be suspended for a few games and/or criminally charged. An assault meant to hurt Carlson - nice that he won the game with a tip-in.

edit: I thought I was posting in the 'other games' thread

Thats gotta sting when the dude you try to hurt ends up beating you with a buzzer beater.

Back