What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball on the road @ UCLA (Thursday, 2/15/24, 7:00 PM MT; ESPN) & USC (Saturday, 8:00 PM MT; ESPN)

teams have learned they can simply body us and take us out of our game. Every team we play seems to be bigger and stronger than us. WTF.

Horrendous defense. Turnovers are bad, but you can survive that if you play a little bit of defense. Layups and open 3s for UCLA.

Buffs are stepping on rakes all season long. Go on the road against a formerly shaky team that is red hot. Two teams trending in different directions. 2024 Buffs basketball is infuriating. One offensive rebound. Buffs shooting nearly 60 percent because of turnovers.

Need to go on a run out of the gate in the second half.

Also, bigs are more important than the basketball experts on this forum tell us they are.
That is not true.

I have been adamantly told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that bigs in college ball aren't a thing anymore, no one plays a true center, ALL we need are guards and wings.

Allbuffs experts unite!

That’s a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. Not even considering they’re different sports, but if you’re looking at them as Freshmen it’s Cody by a wide margin. And if you’re looking at them when Cody is 22 going into his senior season (which won’t happen because he’ll be in the NBA), it’s Cody by a wide margin
I view this as basketball is more about potential with higher bust rate. Cody as a freshman is top 10 in any mock draft based on pure potential, but hasn’t done much. Shedeur is more what have you done for me lately - and all he has done is produce at a very high level, which may not pan out at pro level. So I’d say it’s a wash and completely different sports. Both have an opportunity to be very very good.

That is not true.

I have been adamantly told OVER AND OVER AND OVER that bigs in college ball aren't a thing anymore, no one plays a true center, ALL we need are guards and wings.

Allbuffs experts unite!
I don’t care what size player we bring in, how about we get some players with some cajones or a chip on their shoulder. Unfortunately, the incoming class looks soft as well.

Seconding that it’s about guards. Always has been. We have one and soft wings/tweeners (support cast).

Lmao. UCLA’s highest scoring half of the season. This is such a bad defensive team. I want my Tadball back.

Seconding that it’s about guards. Always has been. We have one and soft wings/tweeners (support cast).
It's obviously about guards but you just do need some big bodies who can bang, get rebounds, and soak up some fouls.

It's obviously about guards but you just do need some big bodies who can bang, get rebounds, and soak up some fouls.
Bona eating our lunch, altering everything we do on O, but yeah, it's ALL about the guards.

So what, like Arizona?? They’ve never done anything. It’s about the steady hand. I’m not going to list players but at least some people here have noticed and know what I’m talking about. Kin, Dinwiddie… best CU players and pretty good teams.

Lampkin continues to be the weak link, can't defend for **** and turns the ball over too much. Dude averages damn near 3 turnovers per game, which is insane for a center. For example, Josh Scott averaged 1.2 per game in his entire career here.

I like the guy but he really hurts us on defense.

It’s the main question mark against Tad. He seems to only recruit wings. We need guards too!!

Lampkin continues to be the weak link, can't defend for **** and turns the ball over too much. Dude averages damn near 3 turnovers per game, which is insane for a center. For example, Josh Scott averaged 1.2 per game in his entire career here.

I like the guy but he really hurts us on defense.
XXXX with 6 pts, 5 rb, 2 asst, 2 to
XXXX with 9 pts, 1 rb, 0 asst, 3 to

Which one is the problem?

Need to go on a run ASAP and Cody needs to get more shots.

Also the reffing has been completely one sided so far, they're getting away with murder on defense. KJ alone has been hacked multiple times going to the basket with no call.

Back