What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall opens season hosting Towson (Monday, 11/6/23; 5:30 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & Grambling St. (Friday, 6:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Mtn.)

Didn't get to see it, but just took a look at stats. 28 assists to 12 turnovers, dominated the glass, held Grambling to under 40% shooting (under 30% from 3), hit over 40% from 3 & over 50% overall. I knew it was dominant from the score, but they owned every phase of that game. They're playing really well for early November.

Watched the game in person. The first half the Buffs methodically built thee 30 point lead by being very efficient with the ball. Nothing flashy and few fast breaks and they still hit 50 points. Unlike in the Towson game they were hitting treys from the beginning led by Hammond who hit three early on. Also, TdS was scoring in the first half. What did they have, something like 18 assists in the half?

My selection for player of the game is KJ Simpson who managed the offense very well without having to score much. 12 pts, 8 asts, 7 rbds with only 1 to in 26 minutes.

Also, Hadley had another nice game and this offense really suits his skills as it allows him to get the ball around the basket where he is deadly. 17 pits on 5-8 from the floor.

I know who I'm betting on too. Utah basketball is basically dead after this year. Same thing with ASU. They know they are going to get destroyed night in and night out in the XII.

Solid performance tonight. I don't care about getting back on Grambling, but I think MBB has a habit of losing games they shouldn't. A couple losses to some pretty ****ty Cal teams, Grambling last year, Umass last year, Boise too, Southern Illinois two years ago. I see a couple trouble spots in the OOC. CSU was bad last year-thats somebody we need to beat. Kind of feeling like not winning this tournament will come back to bite us in the ass. Florida State was 9-23 last year. Richmond and UNLV were both .500.

Yep, this was an encouraging sign that this team may drop fewer stinkers along the way. Hopefully it's evidence of a mature team that comes to play every night and not just a payback thing (though obviously, getting payback is good too).

I couldn't catch either of these two games, but just going off the final scores, it's encouraging to see us taking care of business early against inferior opponents. For as long as I've been following CU basketball, we've tended to start slow in non-conference, often squeaking out close wins or even taking bad losses to teams far below our talent level. The 2021 loss to Southern Illinois may have kept us out of the tournament, to give us just one example. It's very early, but seeing us convincingly beat these weaker teams is a good sign. Excited for this season.

I couldn't catch either of these two games, but just going off the final scores, it's encouraging to see us taking care of business early against inferior opponents. For as long as I've been following CU basketball, we've tended to start slow in non-conference, often squeaking out close wins or even taking bad losses to teams far below our talent level. The 2021 loss to Southern Illinois may have kept us out of the tournament, to give us just one example. It's very early, but seeing us convincingly beat these weaker teams is a good sign. Excited for this season.
I didn't watch either-one of the two D1 officials I know fairly well worked Air Force-Portland State, so he invited me down to watch that and be part of their pre-game and half time stuff Monday. The way the game went-it looked like we were sloppy enough to where Towson hung around for a half. CU woke up and pulled away after half. Last night was the opposite-we had a 30 point lead at half. In these types of games, how you start is more important than how you finish. Teams like Towson, Grambling, and Milwaukee start to believe they can beat you if you let them hang around.

Two games in, but having a 30 point lead on Grambling at half is a very positive sign.

Didn't get to see it, but just took a look at stats. 28 assists to 12 turnovers, dominated the glass, held Grambling to under 40% shooting (under 30% from 3), hit over 40% from 3 & over 50% overall. I knew it was dominant from the score, but they owned every phase of that game. They're playing really well for early November.
Nik, no recorder for you?

I didn't watch either-one of the two D1 officials I know fairly well worked Air Force-Portland State, so he invited me down to watch that and be part of their pre-game and half time stuff Monday. The way the game went-it looked like we were sloppy enough to where Towson hung around for a half. CU woke up and pulled away after half. Last night was the opposite-we had a 30 point lead at half. In these types of games, how you start is more important than how you finish. Teams like Towson, Grambling, and Milwaukee start to believe they can beat you if you let them hang around.

Two games in, but having a 30 point lead on Grambling at half is a very positive sign.
Actually, the defense was outstanding against Towson the entire game. Buffs just shot poorly and had too many turnovers in the first half. I found the defensive intensity surprising and encouraging.

Actually, the defense was outstanding against Towson the entire game. Buffs just shot poorly and had too many turnovers in the first half. I found the defensive intensity surprising and encouraging.
Agree, but offensively it looked like a season opener.

Back