What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall opens season hosting Towson (Monday, 11/6/23; 5:30 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & Grambling St. (Friday, 6:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Mtn.)

Yes if you show your ticket.

Which I'm not sure how we're supposed to do that if we have season tickets because mine has already changed to the next game...
Look at your expired passes in your Apple Wallet

Edit: Well **** me, I just checked and they are not there. That promo sucks then

Last edited:
I'm not having any show up as expired. Just the "All In One" which has shifted to Grambling.
I am told that the Boulder Shake Shack accepted the season ticket holder pass for the promotion, even though it said Grambling.

Not sure about other locations, but I would at least try, if you want that burger.

I was also told the "free burger line was long", so, sounds like a pretty successful promotion to me.

Dak is an exciting prospect. Extremely long, quick, and athletic. He will always be slim but I think he can have a big presence inside as a shot blocker. We're going to need Dak to log some minutes to spell Lampkin.
Diop is quite a bit shorter but looks to be a good player. He struggled a lot early which lead to us giving up the first half lead but when he came back late in the second he played a lot better.
Hurlburt won't be seeing many minutes this year.
RJ Smith seems like a younger Julian Hammond. Not a guy you want starting but can give you some good minutes.
Cody is very calm and collected with good court presence. I think he will be our primary ball handler sooner rather than later.

I love the Cody, KJ, Hadley, LOB, TDS lineup. I think we can kill some teams with that group.
The spacing, ball movement, and fast break offense was really nice.

Cody is very calm and collected with good court presence. I think he will be our primary ball handler sooner rather than later.
He was the primary ballhandler for much of the time KJ wasn't on the floor last night. Against pressure it was a mix of Hammond and Cody, against no pressure Cody was initiating the offense. You don't really need to do it when KJ is on the floor because there is no reason to take the ball out of KJ's hands, but Cody is more than capable in spite of a handful of turnovers that I'm confident will get cleaned up.

Ashworth from Utah State looks very good for Creighton. Looks like what we needed.

He was the primary ballhandler for much of the time KJ wasn't on the floor last night. Against pressure it was a mix of Hammond and Cody, against no pressure Cody was initiating the offense. You don't really need to do it when KJ is on the floor because there is no reason to take the ball out of KJ's hands, but Cody is more than capable in spite of a handful of turnovers that I'm confident will get cleaned up.
I agree that it is good to have the ball in KJ's hands a ton right now but it will be nice to have a guy who can initiate the offense and feed it to KJ to give him some rest. KJ really wore down in conference play from having to do everything when he was on the floor. I think this team can be really good if they gel.

I think it is hasty to say that Lampkin has a terrible basketball IQ. It seemed like he just wasn't on the same page with the other guys when he had the ball inside and was looking to pass. I think that will get much better as they play more games together.

Da Silva and KJ looked pretty lethal. I think that we need one of Hadley, Cody, or O'Brien to consistently hit outside shots if we are going to go deep in the tournament. I think they can do it. I also think Hammond and RJ Smith are good shooters but you give up a lot elsewhere if they need to play big minutes.

I think it is hasty to say that Lampkin has a terrible basketball IQ. It seemed like he just wasn't on the same page with the other guys when he had the ball inside and was looking to pass. I think that will get much better as they play more games together.

Yeah. My take on Lampkin was that he's playing his way back into basketball shape and shaking rust off.
Respectfully disagree. This is not to say he doesn’t bring things to the table. He brings a ton to the table, but his turnovers were largely just flat out bad decisions. Rust turnovers are fumbling the ball catching a pass. He tried to force passes into windows that just weren’t there multiple times. He’s going to be an important piece of this team, he also going to turn the ball over a lot.

Respectfully disagree. This is not to say he doesn’t bring things to the table. He brings a ton to the table, but his turnovers were largely just flat out bad decisions. Rust turnovers are fumbling the ball catching a pass. He tried to force passes into windows that just weren’t there multiple times. He’s going to be an important piece of this team, he also going to turn the ball over a lot.
I hope not but we'll see. We had a ton of silly turnovers and that will cause us to lose games we shouldn't.

I hope not but we'll see. We had a ton of silly turnovers and that will cause us to lose games we shouldn't.
I think Eddie looked like he had missed a crap-ton of practice with a team about to debut a new offense. He didn't, yet, have the chemistry -- I would expect that to improve, probably quickly.

If anything, it was the back-to-the-basket turnovers (2, iirc) that raised my eyebrows, where the help defender just came in and ripped him.

I think Eddie looked like he had missed a crap-ton of practice with a team about to debut a new offense. He didn't, yet, have the chemistry -- I would expect that to improve, probably quickly.

If anything, it was the back-to-the-basket turnovers (2, iirc) that raised my eyebrows, where the help defender just came in and ripped him.
I agree here. He had turnovers on two possessions that were very similar. On the first, he thought KJ was cutting back door but KJ moved away from the basket. Only a couple possessions later, I think it was Hammond, did cut to the basket but Lumpkin threw the pass to the three point line.

What was frustrating was several bigs having the ball simply knocked out of their hands either by their primary defender or a help defender. But largely those are lack of effort turnovers they can fix.

Last edited:
I agree here. He had turnovers on two possessions that were very similar. On the first, he thought KJ was cutting back door but KJ moved away from the basket. Only a couple possessions later, I think it was Hammond, did cut to the basket but Lumpkin theee the pass to the three point line.

What was frustrating was several bigs having the ball simply knocked out of their hands either by their primary defender or a help defender. But largely those are lack of effort turnovers they can fix.
We need a Josh Scott guest lecture series on how to be strong with the ball.

Cody gonna be a serious triple double threat next year as the primary ball handler for us

trying to block out the voice in the back of my head that’s already worried about PG ability once KJ leaves. dammit Goose

We owe Grambling a whipping for what they did to us last year.
outdoor-django.gif

Grambling lost it's 3 top scorers. It should be an easier game than last year.

FWIW:
The soccer team plays it's opening NCAA Tourney game against Texas A&M 6 tonight, ESPN+.

CU band is not here tonight. Looks like a small high school pep band. They just played the Michigan fight song (probably their high school fight song).

Back