What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-(RV) MEN'S BBall ends non-conf. hosting N. Colo. (Fri., 12/15/23; 6:00 PM; Pac 12 Net.) & Utah Tech (Thurs.,12/21, 5:00 PM; Pac 12 Net.)

Few other former players here too. I’m sitting right next to Levi Knutson, Dwight Thorne, and Trent Beckley. Beau Gamble not here, but they’re using his seats.
That's a positive with recruiting local guys. They stay connected, even if it's when they're in town to see family for the holidays.

Coming in, I thought that Utah Tech had enough of a pulse to keep it to around 10-15 since I figured we'd be a little flat after the end of the semester.

I love that our team took the attitude that they needed to kick ass so they could enjoy Christmas.

Coming in, I thought that Utah Tech had enough of a pulse to keep it to around 10-15 since I figured we'd be a little flat after the end of the semester.

I love that our team took the attitude that they needed to kick ass so they could enjoy Christmas.
KJ is so good. I did not think we'd see all American level out of him. Also our teams regression to the 3 pt mean is hilarious after last year's disaster

Media after this evening's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/12/21...-utah-tech-to-wrap-up-non-conference-schedule

"
Buffs Roll Past Utah Tech To Wrap Up Non-Conference Schedule

December 21, 2023 | Men's Basketball, Neill Woelk

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER — Colorado wrapped up its non-conference schedule Thursday with a workmanlike 98-71 win over Utah Tech at the CU Events Center.
Tad Boyle's Buffaloes won their fourth straight to improve to 9-2 while the Trailblazers fell to 5-7.

Colorado took care of business early, making sure there would be no pre-holiday slip-up. The Buffs scored the first 10 points of the game to take control and built their cushion into the 20s midway through the half when a quick 7-0 run gave CU a 32-9 lead.

Colorado scored on 13 consecutive possessions in that stretch and led by as many as 26 in the first half before taking a 46-25 lead into halftime.

The Trailblazers never came closer than 18 in the second half as the Buffs hit the 90-point mark for the sixth time this year and fourth game in a row. CU also finished with 20 assists, the seventh time this season the Buffs have dished out at least 20 assists.

KJ Simpson led five Buffs in double figures with 23 points, and he added six rebounds and six assists. Eddie Lampkin Jr. just missed his third double-double as a Buff, finishing with 16 points and nine rebounds, while Luke O'Brien tallied a career-high 18 points. Tristan da Silva added 15 points and seven rebounds and J'Vonne Hadley chipped in 11 points.

Aric Demings led Utah Tech with 15.

The Buffs dominated the stat sheet, shooting 57 percent from the floor (35-for-61) while holding the Blazers to 44 percent shooting (28-for-63). Colorado held a commanding 44-20 edge on the boards, along with a 48-26 edge in points in the paint.

The only downside for the Buffs came in the turnover category, as CU committed 15 miscues in the game that led to 14 UTU points. The Blazers also shot 51.5 percent from the floor in the second half.

Still, it was overall a solid finish to the non-conference portion of the schedule, and the Buffs will now turn their attention to next week's opening of Pac-12 play when they host Washington and Washington State.

"A good, hard-fought win," Boyle said. "These games are tough mentally on our team coming out of finals. It's hard to get a great week of practice during finals but our guys I thought did a pretty good job of it. I thought we were dialed in from the beginning, which was nice to see."

The Buffs maintained their lead in the 20s for most of the second half as they hit the 90-point mark for the sixth time this season and fourth game in a row.

"I just want to keep getting better," Boyle said. "That's the one thing I've really taken pride in. Most of our teams have gotten better, month to month, from November to December, December to January, January to February. We need to be one of those teams and if we are, we'll have a really good year because we're doing a lot of good things."

But Boyle also knows the level of competition takes a big jump beginning next week with Pac-12 play. With two home games to open the conference schedule, the Buffs have a great chance for a quick start.

"We need this place to be rockin' and rollin'," Boyle said. "The students miss our first three home games so we really need our community to come out, support this team and make the Events Center the hardest place to play in the Pac 12."

TURNING POINT: An early 10-0 run gave Colorado a double-digit lead less than four minutes in and Utah Tech never threatened to make it a game again.

KEY STATISTICS: The Buffs finished with 20 assists for the seventh time this season … Colorado shot 57 percent from the floor (35-for-61) while holding the Blazers to 44 percent shooting (28-for-63) … The Buffs dominated the boards with a 44-20 edge … CU held a 48-26 edge in points in the paint.

NEXT UP: The Buffaloes open Pac-12 play next week with a pair of home games at the CU Events Center. Colorado hosts Washington on Friday (Dec. 29) at 7 p.m. (ESPNU), followed by a Sunday (Dec. 31) home game against Washington State at noon (Pac-12 Networks).
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/utah-tech/boxscore/16559

Media after this evening's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/12/21...-utah-tech-to-wrap-up-non-conference-schedule

"
Buffs Roll Past Utah Tech To Wrap Up Non-Conference Schedule

December 21, 2023 | Men's Basketball, Neill Woelk

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER — Colorado wrapped up its non-conference schedule Thursday with a workmanlike 98-71 win over Utah Tech at the CU Events Center.
Tad Boyle's Buffaloes won their fourth straight to improve to 9-2 while the Trailblazers fell to 5-7.

Colorado took care of business early, making sure there would be no pre-holiday slip-up. The Buffs scored the first 10 points of the game to take control and built their cushion into the 20s midway through the half when a quick 7-0 run gave CU a 32-9 lead.

Colorado scored on 13 consecutive possessions in that stretch and led by as many as 26 in the first half before taking a 46-25 lead into halftime.

The Trailblazers never came closer than 18 in the second half as the Buffs hit the 90-point mark for the sixth time this year and fourth game in a row. CU also finished with 20 assists, the seventh time this season the Buffs have dished out at least 20 assists.

KJ Simpson led five Buffs in double figures with 23 points, and he added six rebounds and six assists. Eddie Lampkin Jr. just missed his third double-double as a Buff, finishing with 16 points and nine rebounds, while Luke O'Brien tallied a career-high 18 points. Tristan da Silva added 15 points and seven rebounds and J'Vonne Hadley chipped in 11 points.

Aric Demings led Utah Tech with 15.

The Buffs dominated the stat sheet, shooting 57 percent from the floor (35-for-61) while holding the Blazers to 44 percent shooting (28-for-63). Colorado held a commanding 44-20 edge on the boards, along with a 48-26 edge in points in the paint.

The only downside for the Buffs came in the turnover category, as CU committed 15 miscues in the game that led to 14 UTU points. The Blazers also shot 51.5 percent from the floor in the second half.

Still, it was overall a solid finish to the non-conference portion of the schedule, and the Buffs will now turn their attention to next week's opening of Pac-12 play when they host Washington and Washington State.

"A good, hard-fought win," Boyle said. "These games are tough mentally on our team coming out of finals. It's hard to get a great week of practice during finals but our guys I thought did a pretty good job of it. I thought we were dialed in from the beginning, which was nice to see."

The Buffs maintained their lead in the 20s for most of the second half as they hit the 90-point mark for the sixth time this season and fourth game in a row.

"I just want to keep getting better," Boyle said. "That's the one thing I've really taken pride in. Most of our teams have gotten better, month to month, from November to December, December to January, January to February. We need to be one of those teams and if we are, we'll have a really good year because we're doing a lot of good things."

But Boyle also knows the level of competition takes a big jump beginning next week with Pac-12 play. With two home games to open the conference schedule, the Buffs have a great chance for a quick start.

"We need this place to be rockin' and rollin'," Boyle said. "The students miss our first three home games so we really need our community to come out, support this team and make the Events Center the hardest place to play in the Pac 12."

TURNING POINT: An early 10-0 run gave Colorado a double-digit lead less than four minutes in and Utah Tech never threatened to make it a game again.

KEY STATISTICS: The Buffs finished with 20 assists for the seventh time this season … Colorado shot 57 percent from the floor (35-for-61) while holding the Blazers to 44 percent shooting (28-for-63) … The Buffs dominated the boards with a 44-20 edge … CU held a 48-26 edge in points in the paint.

NEXT UP: The Buffaloes open Pac-12 play next week with a pair of home games at the CU Events Center. Colorado hosts Washington on Friday (Dec. 29) at 7 p.m. (ESPNU), followed by a Sunday (Dec. 31) home game against Washington State at noon (Pac-12 Networks).
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/utah-tech/boxscore/16559

#FireTad

That school has no shortage of money. I live in SG and their facilities are top notch. Those Mormons are loaded.
I've heard. Not a lot a money being funneled into academics, but they are hell bent on paying whatever is needed for athletics.

Buffs pretty quickly got out to a 20+ point lead and then just went into cruise control. I didn’t really care for our lack of intensity in the 2nd half but that’s how it is when you aren’t really challenged.

Buffs pretty quickly got out to a 20+ point lead and then just went into cruise control. I didn’t really care for our lack of intensity in the 2nd half but that’s how it is when you aren’t really challenged.
This season with the offense ticking it seems the Buffs are able to methodically build a lead due to having a more efficient offense than the opposition. It seems this takes the pressure off having to defend consistently.

What caught my attention statistically from the Utah Tech was the Buffs scoring 98 points while turning the ball over 15 times and not having Cody Williams.

This season with the offense ticking it seems the Buffs are able to methodically build a lead due to having a more efficient offense than the opposition. It seems this takes the pressure off having to defend consistently.

What caught my attention statistically from the Utah Tech was the Buffs scoring 98 points while turning the ball over 15 times and not having Cody Williams.

Defense will be the difference between this being a good season and a great season. Playing inspired defense would've won in Fort Collins. There will be a few games like that on the road in conference.

Back