What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games we care about (MBB resume)

Most frustrating thing with Nique has been that it's been 100% mental. He has been getting great looks all year off catch & shoot or being set up for drive & pull-up or finish - all out of the basic offense from getting the ball as the defense is rotating/recovering. All season, he'd get 8-12 great looks a game from that if he hadn't allowed a shooting slump to cause him to press on O and pout on D / rebounding. If he would have been mentally tough enough to just play his game with confidence, he'd be exactly the missing piece.
Yup. His brain just short circuits on offense. He kills possessions. I don't think it's a mental issue. He just has no instinct for it. Unless he sees it he can't do anything crafty. No feel. Shooting slump exacerbates this

Don’t think I’ve seen anything like this. Wyo got a ton of preseason love after great year last year and returning Maldonado and Ike (whose been injured all year) and gaining Anderson, Kyman, and Agbongpolo from USC and UCLA. Those 3 leave the team mid February when the team is 7-16 and Linder basically ****s on those 3s effort saying he knows what winning looks like and he needs players that put the effort in day in and day out. Then they beat a 19 win New Mexico team by 15 last night with their 8 remaining available rotation players.

Definitely a lesson in there about taking transfers and highly touted players without considering team culture.

Obviously I didn't keep up with the threads this year. Next year will be better and lend itself to a lot more motivation.

Right now, the main thing to watch is who wins the conference tournaments in the 1-bid leagues. We want 1-seeds to win because if they get upset they are NIT auto-bids.

Only 32 NIT spots. Based on NET, CU should be in if we beat Washington. That plus a neutral site loss to UCLA would have us in the 60s... which should be good enough as long as there isn't a crunch from autobids.

Tennessee isn’t as good as originally advertised. That said, I nominate Mizzou as a program that cheats like a Mofo across all sports. Put them right there with Baylor.

Tennessee isn’t as good as originally advertised. That said, I nominate Mizzou as a program that cheats like a Mofo across all sports. Put them right there with Baylor.
They don’t cheat well enough!

6-6 in football everyear and they’ve been irrelevant in basketball for 8 or so years.

Back