What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gillam taking a "sabbatical" this spring (moving on from football)

Don't think I can remember a buff team with so much turnover on the defensive side of the the ball.

3 coaches
3 DL
2 LB
3 DB

All the best AG!

Starting the GoFundMe page ends his eligibility as a college athlete.

Does it? I was thinking the only way he could come back at 185 lbs or above would be if the boosters were sending him a ton of beef jerky and calories. I'd see how that would be impermissible!

Gillam clearly lost the desire sometime ago. He's 5 years out of HS and has a degree. Good luck to the kid. Appreciate his help with climbing out of death valley. Hope he enjoys the Appalachian Trail.

Met his parents at his first spring game. They were so grateful for the opportunity to see Addison at Colorado and genuinely excited about MM and what he would do at CU.
Spoke with 44 after the ASU game. He was always so gracious to spend a few minutes with the fans and especially the kids. That hit specifically, he said it felt so ****ing good and he had wanted it so bad for so long.
Wish you the best Addison.

Good luck Gillam! Will always enjoy how he played and man, that Freshman year was something special.

Best of luck in life to Gillam!

Everytime I hear about one hiking the Applachain trail, I think of this book:
51KnD5RP8wL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm more of a fan of the Pacific Crest Trail. This movie was reasonably good - based on a true story. A broken women (played by Reese Witherspoon) who found herself during the 1100 mile journey.

I'm more of a fan of the Pacific Crest Trail. This movie was reasonably good - based on a true story. A broken women (played by Reese Witherspoon) who found herself during the 1100 mile journey.

Definitely a depressing movie

If I recall both those writers hiked less than half of those trails, which always strikes me as a disengenoius.

Now if Gillam thru-hikes the complete AT, color me super impressed. If you could buy stock in people, if buy a few shares of Gillam.

That ****ing movie made it impossible to get PCT trail permits.

Definitely a depressing movie

I didn't find it to be depressing or positive - I took it as one woman's lifetime of trials (the seeds were sown with a horrific childhood) and the PCT allowed her to permanently bury them and finally move on with her life. Inspirational without being hokey.

That ****ing movie made it impossible to get PCT trail permits.

Seriously? Because they changed the process or because too many people want to do it now and there have always been limits each year?

The Pacific Crest Trail is too wet for me. I hate hiking in the rain and setting up camp while it's pouring. Give me the high country of the Continental Divide Trail. I love hiking above timberline, unless lightning comes.

I'm jealous of Addison, wish I had done it when I was right out of school.

Back