What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GoatNation is hilarious....

So a Ram fan cant let it go on a CSU board. A Buff fan for some reason is on a CSU board and relays said grievances on a Buffs board. Then over a few hour period 20 responses on Buff on how Ram fans can't let it go. Sounds like neither fan base can let it go, and both probably should.

So I'm not a Colorado native or a CU alum just a fan, but have still never understood why CU and CSU gave a crap about each other except for one Saturday every year. i pesonally feel that having 2 good programs in Colorado is a good thing for Colorado, and seeing neither really overlaps in a meaningful way all the better.

I'm sure I'm about to be flamed, oh well. Go buffs.

So a Ram fan cant let it go on a CSU board. A Buff fan for some reason is on a CSU board and relays said grievances on a Buffs board. Then over a few hour period 20 responses on Buff on how Ram fans can't let it go. Sounds like neither fan base can let it go, and both probably should.

So I'm not a Colorado native or a CU alum just a fan, but have still never understood why CU and CSU gave a crap about each other except for one Saturday every year. i pesonally feel that having 2 good programs in Colorado is a good thing for Colorado, and seeing neither really overlaps in a meaningful way all the better.

The young Buff fans have a thing about it for some reason. Most fans over 30, that I know are either ambivelent toward CSU, or actually root for them. The RMS doesn't seem to bring out the best in either group though. That includes me.

the point that's missed in a lot of this is that their team is improving and we better watch them. I know it's early but if the two teams stay on their current trajectories next year could be hard on us.
I'm not sure if you were using the wrong font or not, but CSU is going to be rebuilding next year. They lose their QB, top RB, top TE, top 2 WRs, 2/3rds of their DL, their best 2 LBs, Colorito (who might be their best defensive player), and somehow 5/8ths of their 2-deep in the secondary.

I was very nervous about this year's RMS. I'm not nervous about next year's at all.

I'm not sure if you were using the wrong font or not, but CSU is going to be rebuilding next year. They lose their QB, top RB, top TE, top 2 WRs, 2/3rds of their DL, their best 2 LBs, Colorito (who might be their best defensive player), and somehow 5/8ths of their 2-deep in the secondary.

I was very nervous about this year's RMS. I'm not nervous about next year's at all.
They will have a great TE.

You should post more... and become a member. We need more clarity over here...

I hate CSU because they live in the twilight zone. They are beyond delusional. I am from Hawaii and one of my best friends went to CSU while 3 of my other friends and I attended CU. I have to hear every week how we have "equal" programs because CU has been down the last 10 years. He also goes on to say that they are going to be joining the BIG10 or he'd take the BIG12 like they're going to get to choose. First off, CSU won't make it into either, and second off, what drug is he and the rest of CSU smoking. They continue to down play history and prestige. We have all the accolades any team would want and more. Not to mention the #1 mascot, most beautiful campus and best student life. I will never root for them. The best part is, the last two of three games they lost were due to poor field conditions and the refs. Give me a break! Seriously **** CSU.

Ram fans suck. Football team is pretty good.

This is the answer. CSU is a good school (I did a masters program there, not in fibers) and after sucking badly for most of a century they hired Sonny Lubbick and have generally been at least decent for a G5 program since.

Problem is a lot of us work with a bunch of CSU graduates who think A) their program is great, so great that they deserve to be a P5 school and somehow CU is responsible for them not being. B) CU is simply lucky to be P5, to have won a NC, to get the publicity a P5 school gets and C) that in those rare years that CSU beats CU that they are entitled to strut around like they are something special.

This all in spite of the fact that in many recent seasons they have average about or below 20,000 in home attendance, nobody but their core cares.

hey, anyone know where i left my manhattan? i set it down somewhere. it is going to get warm and i'll have to make a new one. such a waste.

The young Buff fans have a thing about it for some reason. Most fans over 30, that I know are either ambivelent toward CSU, or actually root for them. The RMS doesn't seem to bring out the best in either group though. That includes me.
I feel the same, I'm a mid 30s Boulder native, CU grad, and I started becoming a CU fan as a young kid when CSU was totally irrelevant and my hatred was only for Nebraska. As I got older I had good friends go to CSU, co-workers from CSU, etc. I hate them when we play them (in all sports) but I like to see them do well against everyone else (makes us look better when we beat them, no?). I think it's harder for them to feel that way because of an inferiority complex (fighting words?), but honestly I got no beef with them most of the time. It's the younger fans that are unfortunately used to horrible CU teams that took the game more seriously because it was one of the few chances for a win that we had...

They had some tough calls, I don't blame them for not letting it go easy. Some of us still haven't let the Sabatino Chen call go. People still bring up the 5th down in jest. It's always awful to have a game decided by the refs.

What's so hard to understand why we give a crap? It's an instate school that we play every year. Who cares if it wasn't a rival in the 90s? It's 2017! Things change. Those mid 2000 games with good teams and a sold out Mile High were crazy. I have a hard time understanding why the old people can't accept this as a rivalry. LET US HATE

They had some tough calls, I don't blame them for not letting it go easy. Some of us still haven't let the Sabatino Chen call go. People still bring up the 5th down in jest. It's always awful to have a game decided by the refs.

What's so hard to understand why we give a crap? It's an instate school that we play every year. Who cares if it wasn't a rival in the 90s? It's 2017! Things change. Those mid 2000 games with good teams and a sold out Mile High were crazy. I have a hard time understanding why the old people can't accept this as a rivalry. LET US HATE
We really should have called the FBI on that Chen fiasco.

Yes their fans are delusional. I like to laugh at them and not waste the energy on anger. It’s a choice and a function of age...I simply don’t have that amount of energy any more.

We really should have called the FBI on that Chen fiasco.

latest

i left it out on the railing on the deck. i believe some critter enjoyed a few tastes. now i have to throw out the glass.

It was funny to see them get all riled up.

It's kinda sad that they're still obsessed with it. Hopefully that one guy cut his steroid regimen, because he's going to give himself a heart condition.

My general hope with CSU though is that we start whipping them with such frequency that they see the error of their ways and decide to discontinue the series. As long as the money continues to fund their AD, it probably won't happen.

We need to drop them, but it won't be PC until we continue to beat the **** out of them for at least 5 more years, I'd imagine.

Back