What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GoatNation is hilarious....

This was good for the rammy fans. That is, that they can now blame the loss on some external force out of their control. Rather than having to acknowledge that we are simply better than they are, they can live the next year believing they were screwed.

What? No!

That would eliminate the joy.

For instance...

Has anybody on the CSU site identified a suspect or a motive to fix the game?

Obviously those associated with CU and CU fans want CU to win the RMS. But who has sufficient motive to fix the outcome? I mean, sometimes we lose the RMS and it's a bummer, but it's part of life and one of the possible outcomes. What interest would want to pay off refs to create that outcome?

Or let's assume it's the Pac 12 itself. I mean, they haven't been able to stop Portland State or an entire host of Big Sky Conference teams from whoopin' up on our conference annually, why would they intervene here? Because CSU also beat a Pac 12 team last week, and the forces of the universe are aligning to prevent them from joining a P5 conference as they so richly deserve? If CSU is a good partner for a conference, wouldn't the Pac 12 admin want them to win, to justify a bid? And if they did win, it would in no way--and I mean no way whatsoever--put the Pac 12 in an uncomfortable position (whether they wanted to invite them or not).

I can't personally identify a reason that someone would fix the game for rooting interests. What about the money? Well, the line was already favorable for CU. I don't think any unbiased person watching the game (I'm speculating, of course, because I'm quite biased) would have ever felt there was an overwhelming threat that CU wasn't going to cover the spread. There was no real need, in fact, for any interest want CU to win by at least 8 points to fix a couple of OPI calls. It was just going to happen, it seemed.

And let's say a motive existed. How do you go about finding an officiating team willing to fix the RMS?

Was there some bad officiating in the game? Sure. Did CSU get screwed on at least one call? I think so. But bad calls happen in nearly every game. Sure, OPI is a strange one to mess up (it's usually a PI no-call or something), but it also may be a testament to how the CSU receivers had been pushing CU's defenders all game.

Again, weird call that didn't CSU's way. Show me a motive for fixing the game, because I can't find one.

I helped fix the game for no other reason than I could.

This was good for the rammy fans. That is, that they can now blame the loss on some external force out of their control. Rather than having to acknowledge that we are simply better than they are, they can live the next year believing they were screwed.
I consider you credible when you call this "good".

Just followed the link from another thread to the Texas State board.

Texas State, a school that just recently moved up to the BCS level and is at the bottom of the lowest rated BCS conference has a more modern board format than the sheep who claim they should be P5. They also have a much more rational and intelligent board but that might apply to any board you compare with sheepnation.

http://bobcatfans.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Goats are going to stew on this for a full year. Next year's game is probably going to be toxic...

I don't worry about the players as much as the fans. Imagine if a call goes against them in the first few minutes of the game..... those ****ers could riot right out of the gate.

http://chat.coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/9082041/board/ramnationathletics/
Parker Ram Fan is the douche who wants to blow out Mike Mac's brains and the idiot behind this post. God I hate them.

We are the best school in the state, the best school in the Rocky Mountain region, and one of the best in the entire west.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let's see - off the top of my head:

Better schools in the state:

CU (obviously)
AFA
Mines
DU
probably CC

Better schools in the region:

UU
BYU
That may be it (I don't know much about UNM or Wyoming or schools in Montana and Idaho).

Better schools in the West:

off the top of my head:

USC
UCLA
Furd
Cal
UO
UW
Cal Tech
Cal Poly
San Diego
Pepperdine
Claremont
USF
UCSF
Santa Clara
Loyola
Gonzaga

There's probably a lot more out west, I just can't think of them all.

Last edited:
http://chat.coloradostate.sportswar.com/mid/9082041/board/ramnationathletics/
Parker Ram Fan is the douche who wants to blow out Mike Mac's brains and the idiot behind this post. God I hate them.
Anytime a poster assumes the role of we, as in we, the team, I stop listening. He's a fan. Someone to be entertained and drained of some hard earned disposable income. And, yes, someone who should feel some degree of pride, provided he actually attended or graduated from the university. Beyond that, rest assured, the actual team does not consider him or anyone like him to be a member of the aforementioned 'we'.

Anytime a poster assumes the role of we, as in we, the team, I stop listening. He's a fan. Someone to be entertained and drained of some hard earned disposable income. And, yes, someone who should feel some degree of pride, provided he actually attended or graduated from the university. Beyond that, rest assured, the actual team does not consider him or anyone like him to be a member of the aforementioned 'we'.
Fans are not part of the "we" when referring to the team.
Fans are absolutely part of the "we" when referring to the program.

I don't know what's worse, his one off karma comment about Mac, or that this moron thinks taking legal action would amount to anything and anybody outside of CSU fan cares one bit. Then there's his assertion that winning that game would somehow get them an invite to P5. What a ****ing delusional loser.

I don't know what's worse, his one off karma comment about Mac, or that this moron thinks taking legal action would amount to anything and anybody outside of CSU fan cares one bit. Then there's his assertion that winning that game would somehow get them an invite to P5. What a ****ing delusional loser.
CSU fan? CSU fan doesn't give a ****.Their one game season is over now and the Broncos jersey is now on for the rest of the season. CSU fan doesn't even know who their next opponent is.

Back