What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good Boulder bar to watch other CFB games during the day?

Watch the early games at Lazy Dog on Pearl Street, then at some point walk over to Backcountry Pizza for the afternoon games and some quality beer, and finally walk up to Folsom for the Buffs.

I hope you enjoy your time in Boulder. While there aren't many true sports bars in Boulder proper, there are definitely plenty of places where you can grab some good food and several libations to hold you over until kickoff. Even though it's been mentioned, I personally do not recommend Lazy Dog as the food is not very good and beer selection is mediocre at best. I'm assuming you'd like to stay within downtown Boulder, or as close to the stadium as possible so you're best bets are:
- Backcountry Pizza - closest to the stadium, great beer selection, small/old place but if you're there early to watch all the games you shouldn't have any issues getting a spot.
- West End Tavern - go upstairs, they have more TVs at the bar up there.
- Oskar Blues on Pearl - great beer with plenty of TVs in the bar to watch the games.
- Eureka! - scratch kitchen, good beer and whisky, several TVs in the bar and main seating area.
- Rueben's Burger Bistro - in the pearl area, german style beer with good burgers, plenty of TVs though not really a sports bar per se.
- Harpo's - an actual sports bar as mentioned in prior posts.
- When it doubt, just walk Pearl and find an establishment that has whatever it is you are looking for, you're bound to find something.

Good luck to you guys and Go Buffs!!

I'm always partial to the Dark Horse.

Another option just outside of Boulder (now that they closed the original) is Old Chicago in Superior. Better beer than BJs.

That OC in Superior is rarely busy. Can usually get your choice of games with no issue.

I'm always partial to the Dark Horse.

Another option just outside of Boulder (now that they closed the original) is Old Chicago in Superior. Better beer than BJs.
Absolutely this. Very surprised that it took so long for the Dark Horse to be mentioned....that would be option #1 IMO

I can look into Harpos from my deck and if definitely seems like a decent spot to watch some games before kickoff. They too run a shuttle service to Folsom I think!
Way off topic, but who gives a ****....a husky started the thread. When did the bar with the stage get removed in the UMC? It was located adjacent to the pinball area. I was in a band when I was at CU and we played a couple of gigs there. This summer, I went back to have a look at the place where all my dreams almost came true, and the bar and stage were gone....

They call it "Club 156" and its somehow behind the wall with the TV's on it in the connection. I worked catering and we catered some shows...it probably fits 30 people including musicians and literally no one I know in my 4 years af CU ever went there.

I can look into Harpos from my deck and if definitely seems like a decent spot to watch some games before kickoff. They too run a shuttle service to Folsom I think!

They call it "Club 156" and its somehow behind the wall with the TV's on it in the connection. I worked catering and we catered some shows...it probably fits 30 people including musicians and literally no one I know in my 4 years af CU ever went there.

Thanks! I couldn't find it when I took a quick glance this summer.

I dunno. Seems like a great location; right off campus with Crackside and Martian Acres adjacent. Just seems like there's been 20 concepts there in the 25+ years I've been living in or visiting Boulder. They all fail there; BeauJo's probably lasted longer than most.

I dunno. Seems like a great location; right off campus with Crackside and Martian Acres adjacent. Just seems like there's been 20 concepts there in the 25+ years I've been living in or visiting Boulder. They all fail there; BeauJo's probably lasted longer than most.

Think it is because it is a pretty low visibility spot. The building is set back pretty far from Baseline and surrounded by trees. If you didn't know it was there, it is pretty easy to miss.

That corner locations is where restaurants go to die. I can't count how many times that changed over from one restaurant to another.

This. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did, but I'm sad to see them go. Maybe they'll try again in another spot.

Not sure if anyone else has been there yet, but the new Boulder Beer on Walnut is a good place- lots of TVs, good beer, and I thought the food was pretty good the one time I ate there.

Back