What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Grade the coaches. Who needs to go?

WE get the secondary is bad, but why is the OC outsmarting him. Even if we had talent back there, the secondary are always out of position or in the wrong play. That is a problem with coaching not talent.

WE get the secondary is bad, but why is the OC outsmarting him. Even if we had talent back there, the secondary are always out of position or in the wrong play. That is a problem with coaching not talent.
Lack of talent + lack of talent + lack of speed = that, same goes for penalties like false start and holding.

Lack of talent + lack of talent + lack of speed = that, same goes for penalties like false start and holding.

i understand that but that is not what i see when i watch the defense. Even if you have a ton of speed, a lot of talent, if you are in the wrong play, you are going to get beat. I have seen a lot of bad calls. BTW most of the so called talentless players were recruited by Greg Brown.

i understand that but that is not what i see when i watch the defense. Even if you have a ton of speed, a lot of talent, if you are in the wrong play, you are going to get beat. I have seen a lot of bad calls.
No obviously you don't because when you lack talent and speed you try to cheat over and that leads to you being out of position and getting beat more often.

No obviously you don't because when you lack talent and speed you try to cheat over and that leads to you being out of position and getting beat more often.

I don't see any cheating, i see horrible play calling. For example on a 3rd and 3 the offensive audibles to a clear run, the defense stays in the nickel, easy first down run. Plays like that have nothing to do with talent, that is just bad play calling or schemes.

I don't see any cheating, i see horrible play calling. For example on a 3rd and 3 the offensive audibles to a clear run, the defense stays in the nickel, easy first down run. Plays like that have nothing to do with talent, that is just bad play calling or schemes.
How do you know they aren't cheating without knowing what package is called? If the offense audibles then it's up to the MLB to audible to something else IIRC as well.

How do you know they aren't cheating without knowing what package is called? If the offense audibles then it's up to the MLB to audible to something else IIRC as well.

I have it on my DVR watched that Washington st game like 3 times now. It was bad play calling. Unless we had Albert Haynesworth on the DL, there is no way that play would have worked. NO amount of talent or speed can win when you have bad play calling.

2 of our current defensive coaches are partially responsible for the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I have it on my DVR watched that Washington st game like 3 times now. It was bad play calling. Unless we had Albert Haynesworth on the DL, there is no way that play would have worked. NO amount of talent or speed can win when you have bad play calling.
So it's on Brown that Perkins bit on the fake that lead to WSU's winning score? Not likely. Brown is working with next to nothing, not sure what's so hard to understand about that but you are the same person who said we have multiple draft picks on this team with future pro bowlers IIRC.

I have no sympathy for Brown he is responsible for the lack of talent. And also i question the personell decisons. Espinoza at corner makes no sense. And don't tell me we don't have anyone. Josh Moten, Jonathan Hawkins are still available.

I have no sympathy for Brown he is responsible for the lack of talent. And also i question the personell decisons. Espinoza at corner makes no sense. And don't tell me we don't have anyone. Josh Moten, Jonathan Hawkins are still available.
Well for starters Espinoza didn't play on Saturday and Moten and Hawkins are both really bad.

Hate to say it, but Cabral may be on borrowed time. Aside from Rippy, the LBs have been dreadful and his recruiting is not up to par. He's the one coach who can't lay this all at the feet of the prior staff that left the cupboard empty.

Cabral has been on fire on the recruiting trail this year. I think he is responsible for six or seven commits so far. I would get rid of McGee or the D-Line coach before Cabral.

Well for starters Espinoza didn't play on Saturday and Moten and Hawkins are both really bad.

Oregon strenght is to run the ball. How many rushing yards did they have on saturday?

I would get rid of Brown, hire a new DB coach/DC some one that is an expert calling the 34 defense. Greg Brown is not a expert calling the 34 defense.

Oregon strenght is to run the ball. How many rushing yards did they have on saturday?

I would get rid of Brown, hire a new DB coach/DC some one that is an expert calling the 34 defense. Greg Brown is not a expert calling the 34 defense.
You really do not get the fact that NO DC in the country would be able to do anything with this group do you?

Cabral has been on fire on the recruiting trail this year. I think he is responsible for six or seven commits so far. I would get rid of McGee or the D-Line coach before Cabral.

I think you need to do some fact checking here.

Six or seven??? What year are you talking about? Try zero. I don't think he had the lead in a single commit so far. And have you seen our LB recruiting??

I agree if espinoza was in there it would have been a much closer game.....:rolling_eyes:

Secondary is banged up we all know this. Could you explain the poor play on the DL and at LB? Before the season you had no problems with the talent and starters coming back in the front 7, why are they giving up so many rushing yds, getting no pressure the last 3 games?

I'd also like to hear why they have major just standing 3 feet behind the DE on 75% of the plays just standing in no mans land.

I agree if espinoza was in there it would have been a much closer game.....:rolling_eyes:

Secondary is banged up we all know this. Could you explain the poor play on the DL and at LB? Before the season you had no problems with the talent and starters coming back in the front 7, why are they giving up so many rushing yds, getting no pressure the last 3 games?

I'd also like to hear why they have major just standing 3 feet behind the DE on 75% of the plays just standing in no mans land.

Lack of talent, lack of speed.

Agreed. Horrible personnel problems. But coaching must have something to do with this.

Back