What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

I think the colder weather and Friday traffic is going to drop it. If it was Saturday game I leave my house around 430. I might have to leave at 3 tomorrow.

Ok those last two guesses are going to help the average but no it's not that dire. Probably 42-45k.

Fox Sports annou cers said it was packed and everyone was having a good time. It didn't look lightly attended to me on the TV

Seemed like a decent crowd last night. Not a sellout, but not a ton of empty seats, either.
Didn't seem like the student crowd was very good. That ends up making the rest of the stadium look a bit less full since so many people end up moving down to those great seats in order to fill them.

Late arriving crowd, too. It looked pretty much full when I looked around late in Q2 and folks were really good about wearing black.

That student attendance issue does bring up the point, though, of whether RG can continue to justify reserving Sec. 117 for students instead of selling to the public what would be some of the highest priced non-Club seats in the stadium.

Didn't seem like the student crowd was very good. That ends up making the rest of the stadium look a bit less full since so many people end up moving down to those great seats in order to fill them.

Late arriving crowd, too. It looked pretty much full when I looked around late in Q2 and folks were really good about wearing black.

That student attendance issue does bring up the point, though, of whether RG can continue to justify reserving Sec. 117 for students instead of selling to the public what would be some of the highest priced non-Club seats in the stadium.
I sat on the west side for the first time in a long time and from that vantage point I thought the student sections were pretty decent. Not sure what you saw. Yes, late arriving but by the middle of the first quarter looked and sounded really good IMO.

I sat on the west side for the first time in a long time and from that vantage point I thought the student sections were pretty decent. Not sure what you saw. Yes, late arriving but by the middle of the first quarter looked and sounded really good IMO.
I was in the student section. And unless CU has an inordinate number of students who are getting mid-life degrees, it was not a good student turnout.

Was thinking the same thing looking across the stadium at the same section and it is full of students that will leave before the end of the game (whereas the geriatrics in my section are just trying to keep awake and sneaking shots of Geritol).
Waste of potential fans being able to get great seats. I would think that winning and associated ticket demand will make RG rethink that.

Let’s see what the place looks like this coming Saturday before getting too bent out of shape.

The student section has really started in 116 and gone through the end zone for a long time now. I'm not sure how many students even know that 117 is an option for them.
I would say about 90% as many students as I was expecting showed up and more left early than I would have liked, but both of those could be blamed on the temperature. A lot of non-students left early too.

The student section has really started in 116 and gone through the end zone for a long time now. I'm not sure how many students even know that 117 is an option for them.
I would say about 90% as many students as I was expecting showed up and more left early than I would have liked, but both of those could be blamed on the temperature. A lot of non-students left early too.
If I was RG, I'd probably move the band into 110 to give 111 to the students. Then I'd sell those high value season tix in 117.
fb-map.jpg

As was mentioned before, 46,814 was the number. Higher than I would have guessed from looking around the stadium, but it certainly wasn't a bad crowd.
The average of 27 guesses (pick it up next week guys) was 46,845, which was aided by two extreme lowball guesses at the end. Still, you all weren't as far off as I thought you would be.
The winner, with a guess of 46,922, was @Tractor

If I was RG, I'd probably move the band into 110 to give 111 to the students. Then I'd sell those high value season tix in 117.
fb-map.jpg
That would be fine as the band was there for years anyway before the 2016 season when the student section was reduced in size.

As was mentioned before, 46,814 was the number. Higher than I would have guessed from looking around the stadium, but it certainly wasn't a bad crowd.
The average of 27 guesses (pick it up next week guys) was 46,845, which was aided by two extreme lowball guesses at the end. Still, you all weren't as far off as I thought you would be.
The winner, with a guess of 46,922, was @Tractor
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_of_the_crowd

People bitching about heat for UNH and cold for UCLA. bunch of fvcking Goldilockses.:rolleyes:
I was late heading to Boulder and 10 minutes away from my house, I realized I forgot my jacket. I vacillated on turning around, but ultimately said **** it, it isn’t that cold.

Sure enough, my Bruin hate for those cheap shot, entitled a-holes kept me warm enough.

Back