What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Backers, where you at????

I also don't believe in overreacting. Lets see how Hawkins does this season before we start saying he's a loser.

It's only going to get worse. We have no pass rush. We have a SS that has been playing SS for well.. 2 months? Easily one of the most difficult positions to grasp mentally. We can't get the right personnel on the field. We can't get play calls in. We were snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock when we were down by 2 scores with 7 minutes left. We had 6-7 dropped passes.

Completely inexcusable to play the way we played in year 4 under Hawkins. There are far too many programs that have improved in less time for us to continue to accept less than mediocre football. For us to be out-coached, out-played, out-hit by a mediocre Mountain West team is unacceptable to me as a fan and as an alumnus.

It's only going to get worse. We have no pass rush. We have a SS that has been playing SS for well.. 2 months? Easily one of the most difficult positions to grasp mentally. We can't get the right personnel on the field. We can't get play calls in. We were snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock when we were down by 2 scores with 7 minutes left. We had 6-7 dropped passes.

Completely inexcusable to play the way we played in year 4 under Hawkins. There are far too many programs that have improved in less time for us to continue to accept less than mediocre football. For us to be out-coached, out-played, out-hit by a mediocre Mountain West team is unacceptable to me as a fan and as an alumnus.
One game man. One game. Let's see what happens. I'll keep the plate of crow nearby. :thumbsup:

You are right but you also have to admit the performance was concerning.
Oh yeah. I'm not trying to convince everyone that there isn't anything wrong. The coaching staff failed to properly prepare these young men. I don't care what he says, it was a coaching staff failure.

Oh yeah. I'm not trying to convince everyone that there isn't anything wrong. The coaching staff failed to properly prepare these young men. I don't care what he says, it was a coaching staff failure.

That has become to frequent these days. We have talent, it's frustrating that this staff can't find a way to use it to their advantage.

This talk is ridiculous. We were not going to win the NC this year anyway. But one loss, and all you "buff fans" abandon ship like a bunch of crybabies. "Where will Scott go?" "Who's our next coach?" What a joke. Maybe Hawk is the right guy, maybe not. I still hope the Buffs are able to turn it on this season, because that's what I want as a fan and alum, and, more than anything, that's what I want for the players who choose tp suit up for CU on Saturdays. To think you people would rather see an entire season wash away, just so you can say, "I told you so!" Pathetic. Have some faith, or quit with your "shoulder to shoulder" b.s. in the future.

^^^^This for this...

Coaching was a big part of last years struggles, and that factor obviously hasn't changed in the last year.

Once is a mistake.
Twice can be coincidence.
Three times is a pattern.
Thirteen games is a body of work.
Four seasons of mediocre coaching is what it is...

It is because Danny had us stoked for 10 wins, no excuses. Had he set the bar lower, maybe we would be ok with the horrible performance.

Were now on 100% Hawkins players and the team looks about the same as it did last year. Hes offensive philosophy/scheme looks like the reenactment of a 30 car pile up.

Does anyone actually remember those four games in 86? How bad did the Buffs look?

It occurred to me that the CSU-CU game reminded me a lot of the Independence Bowl against Alabama.

The Buffs came out absolutely flat. CU had all this time to prep, but started off very rusty. By the second half, there was some spark, but it was too little, too late.

Oh yeah. That game was on National TV, too.

worse than last sunday?

yes. At least we came out in the second half Sunday and showed some fight and things started to get on a roll for while.

that never happened in the loss to CSU in 86. Or at least i don't recall it that way.

the other 3 loses were pretty close games to fairly descent schools. But the CSU game was awful.

On the poll that was done I put mad. Not shocked, surprised, dismayed or anything else.

MAD!!

I'm sick of anemic offensive play that manages to repeatedly sputter and churn out minimal yards and points.

I'm sick of seeing a D-line with no ferocity putting little pressure on the opposing backfield.

I'm mad at the fact that Hawk has developed an adversarial relationship with the media so all we get is a bunch of garbage instead of meaningful information

I wouldn't call myself a Hawk backer although I was very pleased with the hire when it was made. I haven't been happy with the results I've seen thus far.

Still, I say Hawk stays. At least through the season. Let him stand up and be a man with what he has wrought. If he has been nepotistic let him have the rest of this season to live with the stigma. If he is nothing more than smoke and mirrors let it become an undeniable truth by playing out the rest of this season.

The damage has already been done if he is truly a failure as a coach. Firing him now and naming Cabral as interim while romantic, is not going to cause a magical turn around and a top tier bowl. It is not going to suddenly fill the rest of the recruiting class with fours star monsters that are just drooling to get on the field for the Buffs. The quality of this years class is pretty well decided already and it is going to be average or somewhat below.

So I say let him have the season to sink or swim in his own drivel. If he is a coach he will wake up the slumbering talent on this team and get the best out if it whatever that may be. If he is a phony then there will be no excuses at the end of the year and we can just brace ourselves for yet another rebuilding project.

It's like I said - I'm mad!

Back