What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Backers, where you at????

This talk is ridiculous. We were not going to win the NC this year anyway. But one loss, and all you "buff fans" abandon ship like a bunch of crybabies. "Where will Scott go?" "Who's our next coach?" What a joke. Maybe Hawk is the right guy, maybe not. I still hope the Buffs are able to turn it on this season, because that's what I want as a fan and alum, and, more than anything, that's what I want for the players who choose tp suit up for CU on Saturdays. To think you people would rather see an entire season wash away, just so you can say, "I told you so!" Pathetic. Have some faith, or quit with your "shoulder to shoulder" b.s. in the future.

One question: Does being a fan require you to support a losing coach? Or can you still be a fan by supporting the players, the team, and wanting what is best for the student athletes and the university?

I've personally never believed in blind faith. Never have, never will. I support CU, I support the students, I support the student-athletes, and I always will. This doesn't mean I'll support Coach 'Hawk however...

One question: Does being a fan require you to support a losing coach? Or can you still be a fan by supporting the players, the team, and wanting what is best for the student athletes and the university?

I've personally never believed in blind faith. Never have, never will. I support CU, I support the students, I support the student-athletes, and I always will. This doesn't mean I'll support Coach 'Hawk however...
I also don't believe in overreacting. Lets see how Hawkins does this season before we start saying he's a loser.

Agreed....unless he starts 0-4.
Then I'll have my crow.
EatCrow.jpg

This talk is ridiculous. We were not going to win the NC this year anyway. But one loss, and all you "buff fans" abandon ship like a bunch of crybabies. "Where will Scott go?" "Who's our next coach?" What a joke. Maybe Hawk is the right guy, maybe not. I still hope the Buffs are able to turn it on this season, because that's what I want as a fan and alum, and, more than anything, that's what I want for the players who choose tp suit up for CU on Saturdays. To think you people would rather see an entire season wash away, just so you can say, "I told you so!" Pathetic. Have some faith, or quit with your "shoulder to shoulder" b.s. in the future.

welcome to the board.. :thumbsup:

Everyone is overreacting on the loss (including me) but that performance last night kind of deserves it.

Last year this talk would have been ridiculous. Last night was the same crap we saw on the field for 12 games last season. Hawkins is rightfully being derided by the fans because hes doing a crappy job... the SAME crappy job we've seen for 13 games now, (and well before that for that matter) It's not 'just 1 game'. It's the body of work produced by this coaching staff. Unless a miracle happens and a switch gets flipped, there is no reason to believe things are going to improve over the course of the season.

Based on all the talking Hawkins has done over the offseason, it was time to put up or shut up, not get punked. Coaching was a big part of last years struggles, and that factor obviously hasn't changed in the last year.

Once is a mistake.
Twice can be coincidence.
Three times is a pattern.
Thirteen games is a body of work.
Four seasons of mediocre coaching is what it is...

I also don't believe in overreacting. Lets see how Hawkins does this season before we start saying he's a loser.

Fair enough.

I respect your opinion and I do not want to over-react.

I will only say that my opinions were not solely formed or based off of one performance.

I hope CU kills Toledo.

welcome to the board.. :thumbsup:

Everyone is overreacting on the loss (including me) but that performance last night kind of deserves it.
It is because Danny had us stoked for 10 wins, no excuses. Had he set the bar lower, maybe we would be ok with the horrible performance.

Being a fan means supporting those who care. Every coach who has succeeded at CU suffered though some lean years here at the beginning. It is the nature of our program. Always has been, and it probably always will be so, painful as it may be. Do you think Mac didn't care during his early years? Or was his later success just a product of blind faith?

It is because Danny had us stoked for 10 wins, no excuses. Had he set the bar lower, maybe we would be ok with the horrible performance.

Not me. Even with lower expectations, I expect a football team to actually look prepared for the first game of the season against an in-state rival.

No, I don't think so. We can look at the schedule and realize that it's not as tough and with the expected progress that 8-10 wins was a realistic expectation in year 4 of this regime.

No, I don't think so. We can look at the schedule and realize that it's not as tough and with the expected progress that 8-10 wins was a realistic expectation in year 4 of this regime.
I agree with you...still trying to convince myself that all is well in the world. I dread another 2-4 years to get us back where we belong....

You freaking kidding me? Where was our dominate OL? Where was our dominate RB'S? wHERE WAS OUR DOMINATE DB'S?

Hawkins is a joke and to lose art HOME to csu is WORSE than montana state. WAKE THE EFF UP!!!!!!!!
While i'm not quite to the point of calling for Hawk's head just yet I do have to say that was a pathetic performance. I will wait until the end of the season to suggest my opinion on Hawk's future at CU but will say that another .500 season or worse and I would definitely support his dismissal.

Last night there were several things that stuck out to me. I saw a team that seemed un-prepared and un-inspired and a coaching staff that panicked too early. We were down 14-0 after 1 qtr and they prety much abandoned the running game. While that is a hole to be in, it is way too eraly to give up running the ball.

Last edited:
He won't get that long.
I am saying, once Danny is gone, it will take 2-4 years to get the new guy's recruits in place. I don't want to wait that long! Life is too short. And, if I have to listen to these BF Horn/Aggie/Tech/OU fans any longer, you may see a "gone postal" newswire from Dallas.

I am saying, once Danny is gone, it will take 2-4 years to get the new guy's recruits in place. I don't want to wait that long! Life is too short. And, if I have to listen to these BF Horn/Aggie/Tech/OU fans any longer, you may see a "gone postal" newswire from Dallas.

Got it, I misunderstood what you were saying there. :thumbsup:

Being a fan means supporting those who care. Every coach who has succeeded at CU suffered though some lean years here at the beginning. It is the nature of our program. Always has been, and it probably always will be so, painful as it may be. Do you think Mac didn't care during his early years? Or was his later success just a product of blind faith?

I agree with you, but Hawkins has done enough to erase his benefit of the doubt. I support the players, and believe we have the players to succeed. Hawkins is not using the talent on this roster and has shown an inability to put players in a position to succeed.

Mac had lean years, but showed improvement consistently every year. This is Hawkins 4th year, and he peaked in year 2. One could even argue that hawkins has regressed. The early struggles were "a lack of talent" What's Hawks excuse now?

If things turn around this year, it's going to be the players banding together and making it happen. Short of Cabral, I don't see this staff doing anything to right this ship.

Mac had lean years, but showed improvement consistently every year. This is Hawkins 4th year, and he peaked in year 2. .

If we had Allbuffs and the internet back in 1986 everyone would have been calling for Mac's head.. Let's not kid ourselves..

We started Mac's 5th season 0-4 that year with a blowout loss at home to CSU..

If we had Allbuffs and the internet back in 1986 everyone would have been calling for Mac's head.. Let's not kid ourselves..

We started Mac's 5th season 0-4 that year with a blowout loss at home to CSU..
You will not believe this....During that year, after we had lost several games, I was walking next to Mac one evening as he headed past the Geology bldg toward the Hill. It was just the two of us. I told him to hang in there. He said, good things were on the way. Of course, he was right.

Perhaps I should walk back and forth in the same area now, hoping for deja vu with Danny. What do you think?

You will not believe this....During that year, after we had lost several games, I was walking next to Mac one evening as he headed past the Geology bldg toward the Hill. It was just the two of us. I told him to hang in there. He said, good things were on the way. Of course, he was right.

Perhaps I should walk back and forth in the same area now, hoping for deja vu with Danny. What do you think?

wow good story... tell Hawk to play Scott.. :smile2:

Come on, Buffs! Let's pick ourselves up off of the canvas. Even Ali had to do it. Point up at the sky again! And that's were we will head!
I am afraid Rope A Dope will be our strategy for Toledo....

Do it! Point up at the sky during the opening kickoff when the Buffs come back into town with, so help me, a 1-1 record! I hope it's so!

Nope. He publicly stated, repeatedly, that he had no interest in the job whatsoever.

Actually you are incorrect. He said he would listen if they called but CU never called because Bohn only had a single candidate - Hawkins. Check link below for comments by Davis.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_4311068,00.html

It was leaked that same day that Hawkins was the choice. I get tired of CU fans saying Davis did not want the job. He was interested - more than you know.

Actually you are incorrect. He said he would listen if they called but CU never called because Bohn only had a single candidate - Hawkins. Check link below for comments by Davis.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_4311068,00.html

It was leaked that same day that Hawkins was the choice. I get tired of CU fans saying Davis did not want the job. He was interested - more than you know.
Dang. I remembered him talking on a ESPN show that he had no interest.

Thanks for correcting me on the issue. :thumbsup:

Back