What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HCMM hangs up on radio show

you don't call and bitch out anyone for anything in professional life. ever.

You also don't ask coaches straight up about interest in other jobs in this industry. Is it time for Plati to go? That's another conversation for another thread. I don't see anything wrong with MM hanging up on him is my point. What he did was inappropriate.

This will get brushed under the table and isn't really big news, but it is still shows how Plati just doesn't get it sometimes.

Agree. I'm more trying to defend MM. You don't ask coaches about their interest in other jobs like that, either.

Everyone asks coaches about their interest in other jobs. Macintyre needs to be prepared and have a canned response, whether or not they told the host they don't want to get into those topics. It's bush league for the show to ask him if they agreed they wouldn't ahead of time, but just answer the stupid question and move on. Don't go on their show the next time.

Agree. I'm more trying to defend MM. You don't ask coaches about their interest in other jobs like that, either.

Um, yes you do. You dont agree to conditions regarding interviews if youre a real journalist. Duff is right that he should have expected this question and had a prepared, professional, stock answer. Hes going to get it again a few more times before he signs his extension too. If someone big asks him on national tv (bowl game) he'd better do better than hanging up.

Like I said, on the heals of the Leavitt news I think he was in a foul mood.

You also don't ask coaches straight up about interest in other jobs in this industry. Is it time for Plati to go? That's another conversation for another thread. I don't see anything wrong with MM hanging up on him is my point. What he did was inappropriate.
Expecting Clay not to ask that question, even if he promised not to, is like hiring a convicted sex offender as a baby sitter and expecting nothing to go wrong....after all the convicted offender promised not to do anything. Booking that show, is as big of a mistake as the rant after the show and both are entirely on Plati. That being said, Mac isn't someone that should need to be babysat. When he agreed to go on he had to be prepared for that question and he wasn't. Sure the media has changed and sure it is awful, but damn.... RG is so good at handling the media and at handling people. There is no way he doesn't realize he has to terminate Plati at this point.

Travis has his schtick (apparently).
HCMM and Plati knew this going in.
HCMM was rightfully annoyed about Travis trying to put words in his mouth, but should have handled it better.
HCMM's short, clipped responses before that suggest he either didn't want to do the interview or was in a bad mood or something from Travis or the show staff had annoyed him before he went on air.
Plati needs to learn to take a deep breath and count to 10 before responding to this stuff. Comes across as trying to be a bully in an unprofessional way.

Also worth noting that Clay Travis is buddies with Joel Klatt, so it'll be interesting to see if or how Klatt responds to this...

Yes, Mac could've handled it better. Nothing wrong with him getting pissed though, no telling how many times he's been asked that question already. Got a little irritated, it happens. Plati sounds like a jackass, I never hear anything positive about that man. Has he always been like that? In the end, this is much ado about nothing.

In my (very, very small sample) professional dealings with Plati, he has been incredibly helpful. He helped me set up some of the intro / outro things for commercial breaks during the 2006 CU / NU game as I was deployed with a bunch of Nubs.

Anyone have what Plati said/wrote to Travis?

Plati is very polarizing. Put me in the dislike crowd.

Plati vs. Travis in a loser leaves hell in a cell. I'd pay to watch that.

Hell.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance this was planned, knowing that the AP Coach of the Year got announced this morning?

MM said he didn't want to discuss anything about that topic. Interviewer did NOT respect his request. So MM somewhat politely exited from the interview. Said something like "appreciate it, thanks".
Let's not act like MM screamed at the interviewer or anything. He quickly yet gracefully exited immediately after he was disrespected.

Back