What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HCMM hangs up on radio show

jjbuffs13

This morning HCMM was on with Clay Travis of Fox Sports and was asked about if he had been contacted in regards to any head coaching jobs that are open. HCMM says he doesn't want to get into that, thanks him and then hangs up. Then apparently the SID sent an explictive email trashing the radio show host.

Link to the radio show: http://www.iheart.com/show/1-Outkick-The-Coverage/

Interview starts around the 101 minute mark.

Amusing if true but they should have expected it.

Frankly, CU has been a back waters nobody program for the last decade. A program that has been inconsistent to mostly declining since the peak of the early 90s. Mike MacIntyre fully resurrected that CU program this last year. Given that historical perception of how far CU has fallen and that its not yet viewed as a destination or a power these questions about "where to next Mac" should be expected and a stock answer should be ready.

That being said did the ahole radio guy just keep badgering him on the issue and not move on?

Amusing if true but they should have expected it.

Frankly, CU has been a back waters nobody program for the last decade. A program that has been inconsistent to mostly declining since the peak of the early 90s. Mike MacIntyre fully resurrected that CU program this last year. Given that historical perception of how far CU has fallen and that its not yet viewed as a destination or a power these questions about "where to next Mac" should be expected and a stock answer should be ready.

That being said did the ahole radio guy just keep badgering him on the issue and not move on?

Travis asked Mac, "did you have any interest from other programs?" Mac said, "No Comment." Travis said, "so that means yes?" Mac said, "No, it means no comment. Really didn't want to get into this. Bye"

So yes Clay Travis was badgering and trying to put words into Mac's mouth.

Dude is a schmuck. Plati is still an idiot though.

The rest of his show was about calling Lebron James a bitch so I think we all know what he does.

The only mistake HCMM made was going on that troll's show to begin with. Plati on the other hand...

Good for Mac, he's probably tired of hearing this bs. All I'd say is pay the man. Plati on the other hand, no comment.

Plati sucks.

This guy also sucks. I've listened to chunks of this show trying to find the Mac interview, and it seems like about 60 minutes of him bitching about millennials

Travis Clay is a shock jock style sports show guy. He has even said before, that the more hate he gets the more gold he makes. Sewall was correct in saying the mistake was going on that guys show. Gotta know he is going to pull crap like that. The sports information department shouldn't have had Mac on Clay's program. So yes Mac made a mistake and didn't handle it very well. But the SID made two horrible mistakes, both scheduling the interview and then his BS follow up. Please no one link to the shows twitter feed or go listen to the clip anymore. Just read Shoulder2Shoulder's post above and you know what happened.

Plati sucks.

This guy also sucks. I've listened to chunks of this show trying to find the Mac interview, and it seems like about 60 minutes of him bitching about millennials
So did I and I heard him say he would fight Jeff Fisher and I couldn't believe the guy had a show lol.

Plati and/or Macintyre likely told the booker they'd come on but didn't want to talk about jobs (either his or Leavitt). Booker probably doesn't tell host or more likely doesn't give a ****. Macintyre overreacts, Plati excessively overreacts.

I thought this was a big deal, and then saw it was Clay Travis he hung up on. Travis is a tool, but Plati didn't need to exacerbate this.

Clay Travis used to be an amusing writer but he has gotten really grating as he's gotten into the radio and TV stuff. In the last year or two he has also really seemed to have pushed developing conservative sports persona that is aligned with the Fox News ideological spectrum, with lots of calling out of PC Bros at Deadspin and ESPN.

That said, Mac could have handled that better, and I don't see using profanity in work related emails as ever being appropriate or professional, I don't care if its related to sports, or someone is ostensibly old-school. Do you really think someone like Travis who is master of the social media bully pulpit isn't going to use that against you?

Plati didn't handle this well at all, but what is his history that has everyone ready to kick him to the curb? I'm not aware of his history.

There is a dichotomy with Plati. Many people absolutely sing his praises and say they owe him their careers and on and on, but then you hear multiple incidents like this where he treats someone like dog ****. Maybe those people have it coming, maybe not. As a program, we've had our share of bad publicity in the past and, on occasion, he seems to throw gasoline on the fire.

Plati sucks.

This guy also sucks. I've listened to chunks of this show trying to find the Mac interview, and it seems like about 60 minutes of him bitching about millennials[/QUOTE]
I see nothing wrong with this.... but yes Plati does suck..he's too comfortable in his job

Plati didn't help, but this is all on Clay Travis. He asked him about other jobs, and then badgered him when MM said he didn't want to discuss.

Can someone give me the minute mark for when Travis has MM on? It must have been short, cause I can't find it clicking around

There is a dichotomy with Plati. Many people absolutely sing his praises and say they owe him their careers and on and on, but then you hear multiple incidents like this where he treats someone like dog ****. Maybe those people have it coming, maybe not. As a program, we've had our share of bad publicity in the past and, on occasion, he seems to throw gasoline on the fire.

My experience with him was that he has strong responses to things. Almost blitzkrieg like. Especially if the person asking is out of line to begin with. Though sometimes even when they are not. As the media gate keeper this response made you careful on your next attempt to approach, always leery and respectful of your foe. Piss him off and your credentialing became a continuing future nightmare. My suspicion is its done on purpose.

There was a period where he was doing some side work for the Rockies and some other media people in Denver were worried they were going to hire him (100+ games versus a couple of dozen).

Back