What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Helfrich interviewing at Oregon (No longer CU OC)

Re: Helfrich interviewing at Oregon

Sure enough, someone on another board talks about Kordell Stewart as the next QB coach.:lol:

I'd be ok with EB, but I agree it's a longshot. I'm sure the Vikings pay better than CU. As for credentials, he coached Chris Brown and Maurice Jones-Drew into the NFL, and helped Adrian Peterson become the NFL's best - that earns you a shot at your alma mater. Also, his recruiting ability would be as valuable to CU as anything else.

He might be alright as a QB coach

He may well be. But it goes back to my earlier point: why is a former Buff player that excelled at his position automatically a good candidate to be that position coach?

He may well be. But it goes back to my earlier point: why is a former Buff player that excelled at his position automatically a good candidate to be that position coach?

good point, I didn't really read the entire thread, just the first couple and last couple posts.:lol:

As for the QB coaching job - duh, Dave Logan.

I can't believe it took 58 posts for this name to come up in this thread. You people are slipping... :huh:

I don't see Helfrich landing this job unless UO really is obsessed with the CU program as it is beginning to appear. But if he does, I would say Kiesau or Johnson could take over the OC job - winner being whoever is more in sync with the offense DH is looking to run this year (power running, PLEASE). As for QB coach... is it too early for Cody to begin his inevitable QB coaching career yet??? :cool:

IMHO Kiesau is the only choice. He has been on the staff for 3 years and knows the personnel, staff, and playbook. The timing makes things tough, Hawkins is really under the gun this year. Johnson may be great but he barely got here. If the position had opened in January it may be different.

with clark evans coming in, why does CU even need an OC? wont an OC be like the other 21 players on the field and just get in his way? :confused:

Sure enough, someone on another board talks about Kordell Stewart as the next QB coach.:lol:

Kordell is loving his life down here in the ATL. He is all over the place, but seems content with having his family close and playing a ton of golf, doing the radio and local TV circuit...it would have to be a compelling offer to get him on staff...

From reading between the lines in the indenvertimes article...it seems like Hawk is pretty pissed at Helfrich

From reading between the lines in the indenvertimes article...it seems like Hawk is pretty pissed at Helfrich

Well, the last time Helfrich used Oregon in a conversation with Hawk, it was to get a pay raise, and then when Hawk talked to the Oregon coach, he said that they had not interviewed him. And now they are interviewing him. I hope Hawk says, 'Stay or go, but you are not going to use Oregon to try to make more money.' Along with 'bitch', '****head', and 'assmaster' thrown in there for good measure.:cool:

The timing of this is terrible, but I wouldn't be sad to see Helfrich go

I'm thinking that Helfrich is gone, and that Hawk won't mind a bit.

I'm thinking that Helfrich is gone, and that Hawk won't mind a bit.

I wonder if the Ballenger deal has any relation. MB was Helfricjh's hand picked QB once upon a time.

I am thinking he is probably gone, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I wonder if the Ballenger deal has any relation. MB was Helfricjh's hand picked QB once upon a time.

I am thinking he is probably gone, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I knew that round of Margs I bought him at the Rio would only get me so far. It was fun while it lasted. :smile:

The Helfrich deal could be a reason to close practice too if the players knew he was leaving and CU didn't want it to come out until they wanted it to. Who knows. It's kind of like a soap opera right now.

The Helfrich deal could be a reason to close practice too if the players knew he was leaving and CU didn't want it to come out until they wanted it to. Who knows. It's kind of like a soap opera right now.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmm!:smile2:

I dunno why, but I kinda don't want to see Denver Johnson as the new O-coordinator. Maybe he's too new for me?

I might be ok with it if he left before the Spring...but the guys still don't even have the offense down after 4 years. What makes anyone think they could get it after a month of practice in the Fall. Bad bad news IMO. But, I was watching some video on cubuffs.com and it irked the hell out of me. Helfrich was talking about how he was excited for the Offense and everything:pissed3::gun:

Eric bienemy for OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pssst, cowtown i'm kidding...

It's funny to me that they initially offered the job to Gruden - did he have any interest at all?? Why would a former NFL head coach take a coordinator job in college? If Lane Kiffin can get the Tennessee job, I'm sure there's a number of schools who would bring Gruden in as a head coach in a heart beat.

Does Oregon really think it's that good of a job that they could attract someone like Gruden as coordinator? If so, they're kidding themselves.

if Charlie Tuna doesn't win 8-9 games, Gruden is coaching in South Bend next year.

Back