What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here Goes Vic Again - Coach Iminent?

Exactly. My sister would have beaten Baylor (bubble screen), Tech (huh?), Kansas (still can't believe that one) and had us in a bowl.

C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G
The previous administration(hawk) didnt make adjustment's when things went south they kept the 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy ... they never deviated from the game plan... no matter how much it didnt work like the bubble screen

EB's skills are more suited to be HC. Not up in a booth as an OC. The key here is experience with the coordinators. What has Dorrell been up to since he left UCLA?

Darrell Scott was a big part of that ranking. Hawkins ran him off.
Max Tuioti-Mariner -- another big time player in that class. Hawkins ran him off.
Kyn Katoa- got in a fight and never made it to CU, if I remember.

Not sure how many of those kids are still even around Boulder.

Tuioti-Mariner has had two knee injuries, Hawkins did not run him off.

The recruiting under Hawkins was good, but inconsistent. Plus a new coach worth anything will naturally see an uptick in recruiting. I think the concerns about the staff that BCS raises are legitimate.

no i'm not... how many coaches go from position coach directly to BCS conference head coach ...

Kirk Ferentz. .Was never a OC or DC, went from Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens OL coach to head coach at Iowa. coached at a few places in college before that I believe.

Does he suck as a coach?

Tuioti-Mariner has had two knee injuries, Hawkins did not run him off.

The recruiting under Hawkins was good, but inconsistent. Plus a new coach worth anything will naturally see an uptick in recruiting. I think the concerns about the staff that BCS raises are legitimate.

They may be legitimate, but they are certainly pre-mature.

Lets see what staff he brings in, before we decide that there is reason for concern. Nobody here even knows who his coaches are going to be!

They may be legitimate, but they are certainly pre-mature.

Lets see what staff he brings in, before we decide that there is reason for concern. Nobody here even knows who his coaches are going to be!

I agree. It is a concern with all the candidates though, not just Bieniemy, so I am not just picking on him.

C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G
The previous administration(hawk) didnt make adjustment's when things went south they kept the 3 yards and a cloud of dust philosophy ... they never deviated from the game plan... no matter how much it didnt work like the bubble screen

There's that taint:smile2:again. We all saw it. Any fool could have done SOMETHING about it. EB could not possibly be that stupid.

Well it seems at this hour it's EB or Calhoun. From the sound of cabral in his tuesday press conference, it's not him and he may not be here. That would suck.

I know nothing. Really. My boss says it all the time. But if EB is our next coach, I'm fine with it.

Latest rumore that if it's EB, Ken Norton JR will be part of his staff. The rumors are hilarious in the final hour.

eb's skills are more suited to be hc. Not up in a booth as an oc. The key here is experience with the coordinators. What has dorrell been up to since he left ucla?

eb is less qualified than dorrell and the only reason any one wants him is because he is an alum how does that make any sense

eb is less qualified than dorrell and the only reason any one wants him is because he is an alum how does that make any sense

Karl Dullard is a boring coach who failed at UCLA. He was given his chance to succeed and failed. He has nothing to do with Eric Bieniemy.

Kirk Ferentz. .Was never a OC or DC, went from Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens OL coach to head coach at Iowa. coached at a few places in college before that I believe.

Does he suck as a coach?

he was the head coach at Maine before going to the NFL... he still had head coaching experience

im not talking les miles for ****s sake... The Fact remains money is there for a decent coach les miles or not... EB could be great and like i said If he is ill eat my words... but I dont expect to be eating them

I think BCS is really Chuck Neinas. How's Dirk Koetter sound to you? EB will recruit better than DH this year if we name him in the next two weeks. Mac would have similar success. Also, I don't see how you can defend your EB will bring a crappy staff assertion. That is nonsense.

I think BCS is really Chuck Neinas. How's Dirk Koetter sound to you? EB will recruit better than DH this year if we name him in the next two weeks. Mac would have similar success. Also, I don't see how you can defend your EB will bring a crappy staff assertion. That is nonsense.

Exactly.. Using bcs's logic, why wasn't Dan Hawkins successful here? He had HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE!!

You should be an airline pilot. Experience is everything in that biz. Your past doesn't mean squat in the living room of a 5 star, and when its 3rd and 4 with 4 min left and you are down by 4, telling the other team that your coach was a HC for 10 years isn't going to help there either.

Sure, experience is a good barometer but it isn't going to tell the future.

Exactly.. Using bcs's logic, why wasn't Dan Hawkins successful here? He had HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE!!

yes im chuck neinas... the deductive reasoning skills of both of you astonishes me... kudos!!!

The fact remains they had success in an authoritative position on a football team BEFORE becoming a head coach at a major university.. what kind of authoritative power does a running backs coach have... and dont throw the tag about being associate head coach in the nfl... thats a tag to prevent him from leaving to another nfl team for anything less than a coordinators position

I think BCS is just angry because he was not correct on the next head coach. It's okay, we're all wrong at some point...

Oh and why do you have a random kid in your sig BCS?

yes im chuck neinas... the deductive reasoning skills of both of you astonishes me... kudos!!!

The fact remains they had success in an authoritative position on a football team BEFORE becoming a head coach at a major university.. what kind of authoritative power does a running backs coach have... and dont throw the tag about being associate head coach in the nfl... thats a tag to prevent him from leaving to another nfl team for anything less than a coordinators position

Okay so if Eric Bieniemy wasn't a good coach, why would the Vikings give him a promotion last year to keep him from leaving for USC? I guess the Vikings see something in EB that you don't

If experience is the key - then McCartney should be the frontrunner. No coach has more experience --- at CU no less.

if in the family is the only HC criteria you care about Eb is your man... should this blow up... would you let mike bohn conduct another coaching search... or would you demand he be fired...

yes im chuck neinas... your deductive reasoning astonishes me... kudos!!!

No. I'm wrong. You are one of the Parking Nazis, right? Nothing else explains your weird beef with EB. On the other hand, I would be more than happy with the Hat as well. So. . . . . while I definitely feel dumber from tangling with your superior football intellect, I have now found common ground and can feel better about my own humanity. If you are using your superior "deductive reasoning" at this point, you will have assigned the necessary discount to my obviously weak attempt at sarcasm.

Okay so if Eric Bieniemy wasn't a good coach, why would the Vikings give him promotion last year to keep him from leaving for USC? I guess the Vikings see something in EB that you don't

dont throw the tag about being associate head coach in the nfl... thats a tag to prevent him from leaving to another team for anything less than a coordinators position

read jimmy read

Back