What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Friends/Buff Fans....

In a successful marketplace of ideas, contributors must make interactive arguments. You must be courageous enough to allow others to scrutinize those positions. In contemporary society, the problem we have is the false notion of argumentative equivalence. Any bullshyte view gets equal footing because it’s just another person’s opinion. Even when the basis of the opinion is a myth and debunked by factual evidence, “it’s just my opinion” or “people are saying” is the escape hatch for those whose entire contribution is toxicity.

Therefore, it makes perfect sense that those who can only engage in this disingenous manner band together. They’re the faux oppressed. They’re the privileged who stay in power by co-opting the narratives of the truly marginalized.

pahi wrote idiotic, fact free things in a lot of areas of this website. He hated getting called out. He felt immasculated by it. Ultimately, he decided to bail because others were “douchey” to him. It never once entered his brain that he was the common denominator in others’ treatment of the unsupported things that he’d write. He was the victim! He was the lone voice of reason in the wilderness! To vindicate himself, he’d brag about his income and comfortable lifestyle. If people dared to scrutinize his assertions, they were people who had neck tattoos and likely unwashed vagrants. GMAFB.

This is not contribution. Reasonable people can disagree. Being a reasonable person requires the use of arguments based in facts and sound logic. Demanding that people use this standard for what they write in a communicative forum is not wrong. It is what we must do to combat the current war on facts.

Agree that BS ideas shouldn’t get equal footing with truth.

Also I assert that belligerent commentary shouldn’t get equal footing with civil discourse.

I don’t take issue with the assertion they PAHI wrote various fact free posts that were prevocative. I also find his departure proir to the conclusion of the Mueller investigation to be telling. Not exactly a nothing burger.

Ultimately I choose to define PAHI as a Buff. Others are quick to define him based on his contributions to the politics board.

Glad to see Manhattan’s non-conversation conversation blossom in the passive aggressive format he swore to uphold.

But, but, but you are not really in a position to criticize posters who fail to engage in “real” discussions, unless you mean providing a steady diet of quips, snarks, and thoroughly unhelpful contributions constitute real and honest dialog.

Why do you think my desire for Allbuffs to have more members with diverse perspectives is disingenuous?

For the record, I agree that PAHI tended to ignore dialog. But then again he was often confronting ridicule and opted not to reply in kind.
Position? I'm pretty sure I can post what I like. So could Pahi. Your post insinuates that he was somehow driven from here, but that's not the reality. He elected to withdraw. So yes, your ongoing disingenuity. Is "honest dialog" the new standard? You bring plenty of snark and troll, so glass houses and all that. I can point to our last exchange in a thread where you refused to acknowledge your own style as not promoting "honest dialog." I guess hypocrisy goes hand in hand with the rest for you. It's pointless to try to define what constitutes value, because it's all subjective. All. of. it.

200.gif

Position? I'm pretty sure I can post what I like. So could Pahi. Your post insinuates that he was somehow driven from here, but that's not the reality. He elected to withdraw. So yes, your ongoing disingenuity. Is "honest dialog" the new standard? You bring plenty of snark and troll, so glass houses and all that. I can point to our last exchange in a thread where you refused to acknowledge your own style as not promoting "honest dialog." I guess hypocrisy goes hand in hand with the rest for you. It's pointless to try to define what constitutes value, because it's all subjective. All. of. it.

Whoa. MTN has rubbed off on you.

FWIW, I take full responsibility for my posting style. I am not a silent bystander when buffs go after buffs based on politics.

What is disingenuous is the strawman that this isn’t honest. Look for the pattern. You’ll see it. You just have to look.

You see hypocrisy in funny places. My desire for Allbuffs to be by the fans and for the fans is genuine.

Are you insinuating PAHI wasn’t driven off? Or would you like to make a case he should come back?

FWIW, I take full responsibility for my posting style. I am not a silent bystander when buffs go after buffs based on politics.

What is disingenuous is the strawman that this isn’t honest. Look for the pattern. You’ll see it. You just have to look.

You see hypocrisy in funny places. My desire for Allbuffs to be by the fans and for the fans is genuine.

Are you insinuating PAHI wasn’t driven off? Or would you like to make a case he should come back?
zing?

Hey,

I respect Burrito and enjoy some of his post but I'm not doing any rubbing with him.

maybe leave that to Jello.

You ever walk into the middle of a heated argument and have no idea what they are arguing about but you still feel the need to watch? Yeah that’s this thread.

Perfect strawman. Never said nor meant to imply that.
You literally just said that.

Maybe I'm missing something? OP says he's leaving for personal reasons. You presume to know his mind better than he does and take the opportunity to tangentially wander off into your tired fauxtrage agenda. I observe this, you don't like my tone but then decide you can behave in kind but "think" it's ok if you do it but not i ok for me to do it.

You literally just said that.

Maybe I'm missing something? OP says he's leaving for personal reasons. You presume to know his mind better than he does and take the opportunity to tangentially wander off into your tired fauxtrage agenda. I observe this, you don't like my tone but then decide you can behave in kind but "think" it's ok if you do it but not i ok for me to do it.

Yet there you are presuming to know my mind, call out my integrity and label my agenda as something other than genuine. Way to F up a goodbye thread.

I don’t know PAHIs situation. But I do know that he has been treated mercilessly at times, even at the point when he bows out.

Let’s cut to the chase: Yes or No, is PAHI’s departure addition by subtraction? Are you sad to see him go? Are you willing to express anything positive about PAHI?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet there you are presuming to know my mind, call out my integrity and label my agenda as something other than genuine. Way to F up a goodbye thread.

I don’t know PAHIs situation. But I do know that he has been treated mercilessly at times, even at the point where he bows out.

Let’s cut to the chase: Yes is No, is PAHI’s departure addition by subtraction, or are you sad to see him go?
I'm not presuming to know your mind, only reading what you wrote. Nice manipulative handwringing on F'ing up a goodbye thread. Still ok for you to behave that way but not others?

You're right, you don't know his mind, and he reaped what he's sown.

Second time you've used "cut to the chase" when you're trying to refocus attention away from your actions.

No, of course I'm not sad to see him go. Using Hokie's standard, he didn't add much. And before you go after me a third time on that note, I can live with that. Jesus, Skiddy, you're so transparent.

I'm not presuming to know your mind, only reading what you wrote. Nice manipulative handwringing on F'ing up a goodbye thread. Still ok for you to behave that way but not others?

You're right, you don't know his mind, and he reaped what he's sown.

Second time you've used "cut to the chase" when you're trying to refocus attention away from your actions.

No, of course I'm not sad to see him go. Using Hokie's standard, he didn't add much. And before you go after me a third time on that note, I can live with that. Jesus, Skiddy, you're so transparent.

There it is. We disagree about whether PAHI’s departure was a good or bad thing.

I’ll take transparent as a compliment.

Now about this Jesus fellow you mention. Is that a deliberate troll?

There it is. We disagree about whether PAHI’s departure was a good or bad thing.

I’ll take transparent as a compliment.

Now about this Jesus fellow you mention. Is that a deliberate troll?
Your so clever! No thanks, I'm done dealing with your unwillingness. Transparent disingenuousness is the full phrase. Not surprised you see it as a compliment.

Edit:. Nice deflection. Our discussion was about you, not pahi. Another tactic of yours.

Your so clever! No thanks, I'm done dealing with your unwillingness. Transparent disingenuousness is the full phrase. Not surprised you see it as a compliment.

Edit:. Nice deflection. Our discussion was about you, not pahi. Another tactic of yours.

This thread is about PAHI saying goodbye. Your redirection isn’t.

Back