What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hey Friends/Buff Fans....

I hereby nominate and vote for AllBuffs Admins to do the computer magic necessary to make it AllMinusSomeBuffs. Make it so, AllMinusSomeBuffs Admins!

It may look like a duck, quack like a duck, and swim like a duck, but it’s actually a straw man.

(Not really. The duck is just oblivious to his duckiness.)

Last edited:
It may look like a duck, quack like a duck, and swim like a duck, but it’s actually a straw man.

(Not really. The duck is just oblivious to his duckiness.)

But does the straw man weigh the same as a duck?

If so, burn him!

The bad news is Allbuffs lost another contributor.

The good news is that people who are offended by our departing member have one less reason to be triggered.

In an echo chamber, similar ideas, information, and beliefs are continuously repeated and amplified until they are all that is heard, drowning out differing points of view.

In an echo chamber, allbuffs members only hear & process information from a limited perspective, because we become surrounded by others who think, believe, and act like everyone else.

As a result, differing ideas or other points of view are disregarded, ignored, or excluded entirely.

Our CU Buff community is diverse. Echo Chambers and cliques on Allbuffs hold the site back.

Embracing diversity in content is essential in driving traffic to the site. It’s the unexpected, weird, and unique that makes social media interesting. What is really special to me is original thoughts, and not just pasting what comes into a curated feed, and shouting down those who are different.

While I disagree with PAHI on any number of occasions, his input gives me a deeper appreciation for what is important to all CU fans. PAHI is one of the “all” in Allbuffs.

I thank him for contributing different points and facing up to the inevitable bullying that unpopular or misguided opinions invoke. I appreciate his humor, his creation of the Female Vocal Friday thread, and most importantly his loyalty to our CU Buffs

According to traffic counters, this web site is ranked around 480,000 in the world and is accessed by hundreds, but not thousands per day.

Every loss hurts, even if that makes the mods jobs easier.

Take care, PAHI. Best wishes in your journey. Hope to see you back next season.
I like diversity of opinion. I’m elated to see PAHI go because I think he’s an unredeemable prick. Over the years I grew weary of being told what I was and what my motives were.

I welcome posters who offer different perspectives than my own. PAHI seemed unwilling to offer simple explanations or responses when his views were constructively challenged.

I like diversity of opinion. I’m elated to see PAHI go because I think he’s an unredeemable prick. Over the years I grew weary of being told what I was and what my motives were.

I welcome posters who offer different perspectives than my own. PAHI seemed unwilling to offer simple explanations or responses when his views were constructively challenged.

So no redeeming qualities? Not even even the warm fuzzies from kicking the dog and receiving a few likes under the banner of holding people accountable?

I do agree it’s tiresome to be told what you are and what your motives are.

So no redeeming qualities? Not even even the warm fuzzies from kicking the dog and receiving a few likes under the banner of holding people accountable?
I’m not motivated or rewarded by likes. I’m honestly frustrated by this bubble of martyrdom that you’ve built around PAHI. If the dude—Buff fan or not—couldn’t be accountable for his assertions and attacks, why should we honor that? He consistently created stories about me, and refused to hear my response. It would be maybe forgivable if he were funny.

Based on his behavior, why shouldn’t I be happy to see him go? That’s an honest question.

I’m not motivated or rewarded by likes. I’m honestly frustrated by this bubble of martyrdom that you’ve built around PAHI. If the dude—Buff fan or not—couldn’t be accountable for his assertions and attacks, why should we honor that? He consistently created stories about me, and refused to hear my response. It would be maybe forgivable if he were funny.

Based on his behavior, why shouldn’t I be happy to see him go? That’s an honest question.

I’m no arbitrator for you or anyone eles’s happiness. I can only speak for myself.

My thoughts are on display. It’s not that PAHI should be held out as some victim. It’s that his presence brings out hate and judgement along the lines of “irredeemable prick”.

That politics board sure stirs up powerful emotions and judgements.

His non-political posts like the Female Vocal Friday thread was a little bit redeemable. That thread checks off the “mildly entertaining contributor” box. I don’t recall him being crass or abusive. I like that quality in a poster.

I’m no arbitrator for you or anyone eles’s happiness. I can only speak for myself.

My thoughts are on display. It’s not that PAHI should be held out as some victim. It’s that his presence brings out hate and judgement along the lines of “irredeemable prick”.

That politics board sure stirs up powerful emotions and judgements.

His non-political posts like the Female Vocal Friday thread was a little bit redeemable. That thread checks off the “mildly entertaining contributor” box. I don’t recall him being crass or abusive. I like that quality in a poster.
1. Apologies if I misunderstood your post on the matter. I interpreted it as painting PAHI as a victim.

2. If I see PAHI acting in a way that I view as prick-esque and over time I’m unable to see a path by which he might redeem himself, in your opinion how should I describe that?

3. I can’t emphasize enough it was him, not his politics that drew my ire.

1. Apologies if I misunderstood your post on the matter. I interpreted it as painting PAHI as a victim.

2. If I see PAHI acting in a way that I view as prick-esque and over time I’m unable to see a path by which he might redeem himself, in your opinion how should I describe that?

3. I can’t emphasize enough it was him, not his politics that drew my ire.

My starting place is recognizing that the person on the other side of the conversation is another human being that is worthy of respect on those grounds alone. This is why I refrain from calling people irredeemable pricks or other dehumanizing belligerent labels.

Second I recognize that politics is important, but is secondary to #1

Third, move on. The opposite of love isn’t ire. It’s indifference. Move on to productive conversations with those who you care about and help you grow. (EDIT: or satisfy your unreleased sexual tension. :ROFLMAO:)

You can only be responsible for your own ire. Ire triggered within you by someone else isn’t necessarily someone else’s problem.

That’s all I got by way of advice.

My starting place is recognizing that the person on the other side of the conversation is another human being that is worthy of respect on those grounds alone. This is why I refrain from calling people irredeemable pricks or other dehumanizing belligerent labels.

Second I recognize that politics is important, but is secondary to #1

Third, move on. The opposite of love isn’t ire. It’s indifference. Move on to productive conversations with those who you care about and help you grow. (EDIT: or satisfy your unreleased sexual tension. :ROFLMAO:)

You can only be responsible for your own ire. Ire triggered within you by someone else isn’t necessarily someone else’s problem.

That’s all I got by way of advice.
At no point in this conversation was I triggered.

I’m aware that disproportionate energy is about me, not others.

The issue is not the issue, it’s how we respond to the issue that’s the issue.

Having said that, I remain comfortable in my assessment of PAHI.

At no point in this conversation was I triggered.

I’m aware that disproportionate energy is about me, not others.

The issue is not the issue, it’s how we respond to the issue that’s the issue.

Having said that, I remain comfortable in my assessment of PAHI.

At some point prior to this conversation a set of circumstances conspired to trigger your judgement that PAHI is an irredeemable prick.

While I consider such judgment to be harsh, I hear what you are saying and understand you have your reasons for saying and sticking with that judgement.

What would PAHI need to do to earn your forgiveness?

At some point prior to this conversation a set of circumstances conspired to trigger your judgement that PAHI is an irredeemable prick.

While I consider such judgment to be harsh, I hear what you are saying and understand you have your reasons for saying and sticking with that judgement.

What would PAHI need to do to earn your forgiveness?
I feel as though you don’t understand what irredeemable means.

If there was value in building that relationship, I would find a way. There’s not.

This thread should not be here. It’s quickly has gotten out of hand.
Ah, but a thread out of hand is worth only HALF of a thread that's well in-hand.

Or something.

Also- LOL to anyone who thinks that PAHI was "driven out of Allbuffs for his politics."
  1. He hasn't posted in the P&R forum for well over a month and a half- he was electing not to participate in that part of the forum
  2. No matter what circumstances outside of AllBuffs led to PAHI leaving, his departure also coincides with people calling him out for some truly horrendous football takes in both the recruiting and NFL threads- rather than hearing counterarguments and engaging, PAHI tried to shout them down. He got real mad when folks refused to accept his proclamations as truth. I'm sure that the timing of his departure from AllBuffs is coincidental
  3. This isn't the first time PAHI's said that he's going away. I have a feeling he'll be back with some piping hot takes soon enough.

I would suggest this thread should be moved to the Politics forum. Or wherever, but it doesn’t have anything to do with CU football.

Two things were confirmed for me today. PAHI is an irredeemable prick and UK is a sexually frustrated asshole.

Time for a beer.
The irredeemable prick meets the sexually frustrated asshole...there is a joke there somewhere.

I thought being a sexually frustrated asshole and irredeemable prick while doing hot takes and shouting down others was part and parcel of Allbuffs membership?

Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

You can check out anytime you’d like, but you can never leave
BlackDamagedLeveret-small.gif

I like PAHI.

But I like everybody. Or hate. Yeah I think I hate everybody. But that includes myself, so don’t take it personally guys.

I SAID DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY everyone stop PMing me asking me if I meant you too.

Back