What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How good is Jarek Broussard (Pac-12 OPOY good)

Him and Clayton are good enough that I'd hope Mangham would consider playing another position. Idk that he would, probably not this year anyway?

Broussard needs to dial it back a few notches, or he's going to make all the other RB's look bad and they're all going to want to transfer. It'll be like that ND QB who got mad at Rudy for trying too hard in practice and making the rest of the team look lazy.

I can't think of another RB to explode so quickly from 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage to 3 yards past the line of scrimmage. He is thru the D line while other backs are still making a cut to get through their o-line blocks. His initial burst is Electric!

Short answer: he good.
Longer answer: he really, really good and Clayton needs to be getting a lot more touches, too.
If we continue running the ball 40+ times a game, that makes it easy to get Broussard 20 carries and have significant usage for 2 others RBs and the QB.

Clayton needs to be one of those two. I think Mangham is the 3rd.

When Fontenot gets back, it gets very crowded.

Short answer: he good.
Longer answer: he really, really good and Clayton needs to be getting a lot more touches, too.
Clayton looked good. Mangham is RB #4 when Fontenot returns. Somebody else said it, but LB is where he needs to be.

I am guessing that Clayton is still a liability in pass pro. He is clearly an above avg runner, but seeing them rotate Clayton in only on goal line situations, and the other backs in when our offense is in the middle of the field, leads me to this conclusion.

Roddick was just burying guys when he pulled.
Didn't comment on it in the game thread but they looked the most physical a Buff line has looked for a long time. Not just Roddick but the line in general wasn't just "making the block" they were getting physical in creating those holes for Brou. We were seeing defenders bent backwards and knocked out of the way.

How good is the OL play this year? I think I saw Jynes and Lee get some reps. Wish Lytle speed recovery, Lytle was playing really well before his injury.
I'm really bummed for Lytle. I can remember how he was a very lightly recruited kid and he got his CU offer after one of the coaches liked him at a camp. He just seems like a gentle giant who has slowly improved year over year. I hope he can make it back.

Don’t get the need to dog on Mangham to say JB is really freaking good. Mangham may end up being a really important piece of the puzzle at some point in the future and eating our own isn’t a great look. For those with a short memory, folks were dogging Noyer and HCKD pretty hard just less than two months ago.

JB is fun to watch - was rooting like crazy for him to get in on the last run, you know the guys on the team will be giving him a hard time about not being able to break one.

If we continue running the ball 40+ times a game, that makes it easy to get Broussard 20 carries and have significant usage for 2 others RBs and the QB.

Clayton needs to be one of those two. I think Mangham is the 3rd.

When Fontenot gets back, it gets very crowded.
So funny. I completely forgot about Fontenot. And I think he’s a good back with really good vision and forward lean. Reminds you of the important difference between good and great in this game.

Don’t get the need to dog on Mangham to say JB is really freaking good. Mangham may end up being a really important piece of the puzzle at some point in the future and eating our own isn’t a great look. For those with a short memory, folks were dogging Noyer and HCKD pretty hard just less than two months ago.

JB is fun to watch - was rooting like crazy for him to get in on the last run, you know the guys on the team will be giving him a hard time about not being able to break one.
I think that bagging on Mang-Mang isn't necessary, but right now it's fairly obvious that he hasn't been very effective so far this year. Last year I liked his carries and how he glided to some yards after contact. This year he just looks different, and not in a good way.

The reality of the situation is that if his play doesn't improve and Fontenot comes back as a semblance of his former self the depth chart basically dictates that his contributions to this team won't be at RB.

Most of the reason he was rated as a 4* recruit was because of his play at LB. We don't want another Bisharat situation.

I think that bagging on Mang-Mang isn't necessary, but right now it's fairly obvious that he hasn't been very effective so far this year. Last year I liked his carries and how he glided to some yards after contact. This year he just looks different, and not in a good way.

The reality of the situation is that if his play doesn't improve and Fontenot comes back as a semblance of his former self the depth chart basically dictates that his contributions to this team won't be at RB.

Most of the reason he was rated as a 4* recruit was because of his playground at LB. We don't want another Bisharat situation.
Hagan was on Buff Stampede this week and was pretty open about Mangham. Basically said he is a head case right now and that Mangham feels like he needs a certain amount of run to get into a rhythm.
Also told an interesting story about JBrou turning a corner in school and on the field after letting everything go a bit coming back from injuries. Said a younger Hagan probably lets JBrou fall to the side for the easier options.

Hagan was on Buff Stampede this week and was pretty open about Mangham. Basically said he is a head case right now and that Mangham feels like he needs a certain amount of run to get into a rhythm.
Also told an interesting story about JBrou turning a corner in school and on the field after letting everything go a bit coming back from injuries. Said a younger Hagan probably lets JBrou fall to the side for the easier options.
I think he’s right about Mangham needing to find a rhythm. Problem is there aren’t enough footballs to waste while he finds that rhythm and Broussard only needs two or three carries before he goes beast mode.

Back