What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins in 2010 for you to want Hawkins back in 2011?

How many wins to make you want Hawkins in 2011?

• 12+

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 14 11.2%

Votes: 14 11.2%

Votes: 39 31.2%

Votes: 13 10.4%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Does not matter, I want him back regardless

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Does not matter, I want him gone regardless

Votes: 28 22.4%

• Total voters
I would be OK with him coming back if we won 14 games -- AKA if we win the national championship.

I see 5 possibly 6 wins on that schedule. You guys look talented in the trenches on offense and at WR. But I would have serious concerns about that running game with Speedy taking on an increased workload.

I just want him gone. Yesterday. After KjSU this season I became firmly convinced Hawk will not win at CU or in a BCS conference. He had his shot, he failed. Any place not named Baylor, Duke or Vandy and he would have been sent packing.

8 and I'm happy to have him back. I can live with 7, but it won't make me happy. If he loses to CSU or Hawaii to start the season I won't be DBT's favorite person for awhile.

I see 5 possibly 6 wins on that schedule. You guys look talented in the trenches on offense and at WR. But I would have serious concerns about that running game with Speedy taking on an increased workload.

Based on trend, it's not impossible that CU goes 2-10 in 2010.

I'm expecting and bracing for 5. (HI, KU and 3 from CSU/BU/ISU/TT)
Last year I projected 7 and we all know how that turned out.

Invesco is lining up to be a real tard fest. (think 2006 all over again) But like the promoters keep insisting, at least the game is good for football in the state of Colorado:( Nothing stirs up the natives more than watching CSU's floridians take on CU's californians.

Fairchild has proven to be the better coach on opening day. Hawkins will be coaching the team to avoid the peaks and valleys, which means an other passionless performance in a rivalry game. Just be sure to prepair for Cody and Tyler, because no one will know who will be the starting QB. Competition is neck and neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 and I'm happy to have him back. I can live with 7, but it won't make me happy. If he loses to CSU or Hawaii to start the season I won't be DBT's favorite person for awhile.
Is that a threat, mother ****er?!!! :lol:

First, if you read my post, I want at least 8 wins. There probably isn't a guy on this board who has put it on the line more than I. So, if he does'nt come through, there isn't a person on this board that will be more pissed than I. He had better damned well win next season because I believe we have the talent in place to win. Yeah, I've been willing to give him one more chance and that has put me in a precarious position on this board. But even my patience is very thin.

:lol: I just meant I'll be very vocally displeased if he goes and loses to Hawaii or CSU to start the season, even though he'd mathematically still be able to get to the goal of 8 wins. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in anger if that scenario were to unfold. Biggest game of Hawk's coaching career is the CSU game imo, lose that and the season is not looking good.

:lol: I just meant I'll be very vocally displeased if he goes and loses to Hawaii or CSU to start the season, even though he'd mathematically still be able to get to the goal of 8 wins. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in anger if that scenario were to unfold. Biggest game of Hawk's coaching career is the CSU game imo, lose that and the season is not looking good.

what if they have the best spring and fall practices evar and the practice on tuesday AND wednesday were the best he has evar seen prior to the CSU game but still lose? they gotta be really close if the practices are THAT good.

Maybe we can start scheduling some Tuesday and Wednesday games? They do seem to be our best days for football after all.

That is my reoccurring worst nightmare. Losing the opener to CSU again.

7 people said they wouldn't want to keep Hawk if the team won 12 or 13 games next year? Why not? I thought the goal was to win. And if he's winning 12 games with good kids, that's even better.
Preview

Here's why. In the highly unlikely event that our beloved buffaloes win 12 or 13 next year it won't be because Hawk is a great coach it will be because he hired some crackerjack superstar in the making assistant coaches who find ways to be successful despite Juicebox. This doesn't sound like a problem until you realize that as soon as the season is over these awesome assistant coaches will immediately jump ship to be at another program (with a contract and far superior pay) and we will be stuck with sh!tty ol' Juicebox riding fresh new multi-year contract and leading us back into the cellar for another 5 years. Hawk will never get it done long term and the longer he stays the more he poisons the program.​

what if they have the best spring and fall practices evar and the practice on tuesday AND wednesday were the best he has evar seen prior to the CSU game but still lose? they gotta be really close if the practices are THAT good.

We'll See, were about to pop!, were almost their.

Never understood the "avoiding peaks and valleys" thing. Ups and downs are a part of life and an even bigger part of sports.

ten wins.

no excuses.

i bought into that last year...if it happens this year i will consider him even...

No amount of wins can make me want him back. I can make due for another year though if he can have us top 15 for most of the season and finish there with a bowl win. He could win it all, and I still think we would be wise to get someone else in here that could build on it. I would still trade Hawkins for EB in a second though.

5 years into his tenure, and 7 wins is acceptable for so many Buff fans? Even 8 wins?

Pathetic.

Settle down, killer. Over 80% are in the camp of 8 or more/doesn't matter;get rid of him.

5 years into his tenure, and 7 wins is acceptable for so many Buff fans? Even 8 wins?

Pathetic.

Come on man. Even though I voted seven wins, I can clearly see I am in the minority. Most want at least 8 wins. You going to tell me you would be unhappy with 8 wins in 2010?

You guys are rough, 8 wins and still fired huh? I suppose there could be a case made for who those 8 wins come against, but 8 in any form works for me to give Hawk another year. That's not to say it's awesome and we have turned the corner, sign him up for another extension Bohn! Hawk needs to show me that he can win at least 7-8 wins a year for the rest of his contract before I am okay with Bohn giving him another extension.

If he doesn't, then I will. Maybe if we knew Hawk was gone after that and we had something to look forward to, then OK, 8 wins and a new coach can make me happy.

Okay then. All I know is 8 wins would make me happy. I would not be completely convinced Hawkins knows what he is doing and I would not be prepared to give him a pass for years 1-4, but 8 wins is something we have not seen in a while.

Of course, I doubt we will see this scenario play out anyway.

I never said I'd be satisfied with 7 wins, but considering the schedule and the fact that he's never done it here before, 7 wins would be quite an accomplishment for Hawkins at CU. I would have a hard time justifying firing the guy if he goes to a bowl game. A lot would have to do with which 7 games were won, though. Lose to CSU and all bets are off.

Yeah, a loss to CSU and we may be talking about a midseason coaching change.

Come on man. Even though I voted seven wins, I can clearly see I am in the minority. Most want at least 8 wins. You going to tell me you would be unhappy with 8 wins in 2010?

I am telling you that 8 wins in year 5 is not a dramatic enough event to make me want to keep a coach who has had 4 consecutive losing seasons.

How quickly we have let out expectations dwindle down...

I am telling you that 8 wins in year 5 is not a dramatic enough event to make me want to keep a coach who has had 4 consecutive losing seasons.

How quickly we have let out expectations dwindle down...

Fair enough, but you probably need to look at the poll results again. Almost half the respondents want at least 9 wins or Hawkins gone regardless. Seems plenty of people still have high expectations.

I remember how so many people (Lot's of Buff fans included) were ripping nU for firing Solich after a 9 win season. Now we (self included) want hawkins fired even if he reels off 9 wins this year. Funny.

'Course the difference is that in nU's case, 9 W's "just isn't up to the expectations". Here it's because 9 W's just wouldn't be enough to make up for the disappointments.

9 wins next year and all of you guys would have a Hawkins poster on your bedroom walls. :lol:

Respectfully disagree. The in-state class is outstanding for 2011. It won't take 9 to get those guys excited about the Buffs. We could literally land a Top 30 class that was half Colorado kids.

7 wins is going to lock down the state??? your out of your mind...is a top 30 class the best we should expect...that should be the next poll. If top 30 is our expectation then 3rd in our division is all we should expect as well.

We can't even keep kids that have been life long Buff fans. 9 wins or bust...

While it's very early, I think CU stands a very good chance at a lot of the top in state guys next year. A 7 win season keeps most of them home imo. Hell, 7 wins would've kept a few of the guys home this year, but that sort of didn't work out.

Back