What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How much will the Defense miss the 8 NFL starters?

One point I saw on the Scout board that I hadn't considered regarding the DL... if the coaches didn't believe in the depth and were relying on fall practice competition to find guys they were confident in... they wouldn't have moved two DLs to offense in the spring.

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised at the talent and depth of our DL this season.

Meh. Lopez did not play at all last season, the definition of a non-factor. If he had stayed at DL, people would have been using him as an example of good depth. Tonz? Maybe a somewhat valid point.

The narrative I see emerging is good defense in 2017 will be mostly due to MacIntyre, but bad defense will be mostly due to Eliot.
I've always said this is Mac's defense from an X's and O's standpoint and he's had his hands on game planning, personnel, etc. from day one. Playcalling is a big part of a defense's success, to be sure, and that's the one part he hasn't had a direct role in (although, I'm willing to bet he makes general recommendations on broader play calling strategy during the course of a game). Eliot should get a ton of praise if the defense is good in 2017, and they both should get some heat if it's actually bad (not just a little worse than last year).

'bout tree fiddy

2GBQPWl.jpg

When asked if the Buffs have the personnel to make it flourish, MacIntyre didn’t flinch.
“We do,” he said. “We’ve recruited to it. That’s what you do. You recruit to it and rebuild.”

One point I saw on the Scout board that I hadn't considered regarding the DL... if the coaches didn't believe in the depth and were relying on fall practice competition to find guys they were confident in... they wouldn't have moved two DLs to offense in the spring.

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised at the talent and depth of our DL this season.

We return a lot on OL. I posted somewhere the other day that the OL and DL were looking forward to getting after it. That was in response to an OL member confiding that the DL they go against is a big challenge in practice.

Always felt that Landman had the best chance of playing early just because he is likely to be able to play fast and not be overthinking. JVD and Wells have got to be drinking thru a fire hose. Not sure if JVD made it up much in the spring for LB meetings, which would have helped. Landman's film always looked like a guy who'd step in pretty easily and be able to handle the mental part. I like all 3 guys though a lot.

It will definitely be interesting and exciting to watch. I think you had a prior post asking about why Evan's name changed from White to Worthington. Evan was raised by his mom and her maiden name is Worthington. She married and the husband adopted Evan when Evan was 15. Evan changed his name to White at that time. Evan's mom is now divorced and has gone back to her maiden name. Evan is doing the same and Evan's 10 month old son has the last name as Worthington. Everyone's good now with the change.

It will definitely be interesting and exciting to watch. I think you had a prior post asking about why Evan's name changed from White to Worthington. Evan was raised by his mom and her maiden name is Worthington. She married and the husband adopted Evan when Evan was 15. Evan changed his name to White at that time. Evan's mom is now divorced and has gone back to her maiden name. Evan is doing the same and Evan's 10 month old son has the last name as Worthington. Everyone's good now with the change.
Thanks for the info. (y)

Great first post.

Back