What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Huge Recruiting weekend Nov 8-10 catchall thread

Say we get Harris, Clayton, Berry and Gonzalez. Where do you think that puts us in the recruiting rankings? Top 25 material?

Say we get Harris, Clayton, Berry and Gonzalez. Where do you think that puts us in the recruiting rankings? Top 25 material?
Not sure, but the football gods will have favored us with concrete blessings from above if that happens.

Hard to say how the rankings shake out in a vacuum, but that would be a really good finish regardless.

That would be a Champagne popping finish and would easily be one of the highest classes we’ve had in probably 20 years.

That would be a Champagne popping finish and would easily be one of the highest classes we’ve had in probably 20 years.

2007 was pretty good on paper if I recall. Didn’t we get Scott, Katoa, Rippy, Givens etc?
I think that was the year we raided some 4 stars from Nebraska.

A collection of Gonzalez, Barry, Clayton and Harris would move CU to 204.86

Purdue would drop from Gonzalez so they would be 26th and good for 4th in the Pac.

For experimentation purposes and because technically Alfano is a recruit for us. Add Kelle Ringo (.9965) and we jump to 219.62

good for 20th and 3rd in the PAC.

I did the class calculator for those guys and Edgerrin Cooper and it was pretty good but can’t remember exactly where it’d put us in the rankings. The point total was probably consistent with something in the 22-33 range in previous years.

It just shows that with those 4 additions it would be the best class we’ve had in a long time, yet, would only be fringe top 25 in the rankings.

A collection of Gonzalez, Barry, Clayton and Harris would move CU to 204.86

Purdue would drop from Gonzalez so they would be 26th and good for 4th in the Pac.

For experimentation purposes and because technically Alfano is a recruit for us. Add Kelle Ringo (.9965) and we jump to 219.62

good for 20th and 3rd in the PAC.

That would be surreal, thanks for posting that.

I think CU is in a really good place with Berry and Gonzales. Expect those two to commit at some point.

Obviously, Clayton is very interested, but not sure where we are at. Harris is probably the same as Clayton, but he has some major pull going to Arizona and will be tough to overcome that.

Those 4 would be as good an ending to this class as you could probably expect.

I did the class calculator for those guys and Edgerrin Cooper and it was pretty good but can’t remember exactly where it’d put us in the rankings. The point total was probably consistent with something in the 22-33 range in previous years.
Those 4 would put CU at 27th, currently.

This is absolutely an improvement. That being said, unless the DB situation is addressed (either thru HS, JC, transfer or 5th year seniors) it is difficult to imagine stopping PAC12 teams thru the air.

This is absolutely an improvement. That being said, unless the DB situation is addressed (either thru HS, JC, transfer or 5th year seniors) it is difficult to imagine stopping PAC12 teams thru the air.
D line depth and talent goes a long ways to good pass protection. One reason we have been burned a lot this year is our lack of a pass rush when not blitzing.
Yes, we need DB’s too, but I like what we are doing with the line first.

D line depth and talent goes a long ways to good pass protection. One reason we have been burned a lot this year is our lack of a pass rush when not blitzing.
Yes, we need DB’s too, but I like what we are doing with the line first.
Obviously they go hand in hand. Great coverage gives rushers more time to get to the QB but great pressure makes it a lot easier on the DB’s. Pretty obvious and basic stuff. Where it gets critical is when one or the other is a liability. In that case I’d opt for a high level D line.

Obviously they go hand in hand. Great coverage gives rushers more time to get to the QB but great pressure makes it a lot easier on the DB’s. Pretty obvious and basic stuff. Where it gets critical is when one or the other is a liability. In that case I’d opt for a high level D line.
This. I'd rather have a solid line and questionable secondary than a solid secondary and a questionable line.

Obviously better to have both.

Back