What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

Montez has a little game but I'd be careful basing his ability on those numbers. El Paso teams suck. He seemed to play well against Aledo, that carries more weight to me.

You know what?

I'm all in with Sefo.

Definitely some stuff that I wasn't happy with this year, but I'm chalking it up to growing pains. With the bad, he also put up some big numbers and kept the Buffs in games despite not having a ton of weapons or all day to throw. He got hit a lot, but didn't take many sacks.

He's a great kid and no one is going to out work him this offseason. Just like he was a lot better in 2014 than he was in 2013, 2015 will see him as a top third of the Pac-12 quarterback. Sefo's gonna lead this offense to a great year.

If people want to pile on, that's their prerogative. But I'm standing behind him. Sefo is my guy.

NO ONE IS SAYING MONTEZ SHOULD START OVER SEFO!

God people need to read.

The only thing being said is that IF Montez ended up the day 1 starter that would mean we are in a very good position and have a very good QB. (Obviously barring the doom scenario presented by White Rabbit)

Sefo will, and should be the day 1 starter next year.

Montez should and will have a redshirt year.
So Sefo's the starter no matter what?

You know what?

I'm all in with Sefo.

Definitely some stuff that I wasn't happy with this year, but I'm chalking it up to growing pains. With the bad, he also put up some big numbers and kept the Buffs in games despite not having a ton of weapons or all day to throw. He got hit a lot, but didn't take many sacks.

He's a great kid and no one is going to out work him this offseason. Just like he was a lot better in 2014 than he was in 2013, 2015 will see him as a top third of the Pac-12 quarterback. Sefo's gonna lead this offense to a great year.

If people want to pile on, that's their prerogative. But I'm standing behind him. Sefo is my guy.

Sefo is everybody's guy, but only because there isn't a better option on the roster. He still drives me nuts.

As long as Sefo comes back from the soul killing pick six to end the season, he should be a damn solid QB for us. Until I see him regress significantly or see a new QB come in to compete, I want him starting. That said, I'm officially worried about him. That was a really, really, really bad way to end the season for him.

As long as Sefo comes back from the soul killing pick six to end the season, he should be a damn solid QB for us. Until I see him regress significantly or see a new QB come in to compete, I want him starting. That said, I'm officially worried about him. That was a really, really, really bad way to end the season for him.
Guess this is where I am at, not buying the Montez hype.

maybe if we can run the ball better he doesn't have to throw it a gazillion times and that alone decrease the chances of picks. we need a break-away threat at RB and o-line to take another leap.

maybe if we can run the ball better he doesn't have to throw it a gazillion times and that alone decrease the chances of picks. we need a break-away threat at RB and o-line to take another leap.

Maybe if the defense can get to the point where he and the offense don't feel like they have to put up 40 to win he won't feel like he has to take the chances and force things.

Lots of pieces to this puzzle.

welcome to the gray side.

It is what we have at this point.

And for those saying we would be in good shape with a true freshman starting in 2015, multiply this thread's disappointments by about 10 because you don't trade 20 games of experience and magically get rid of dumb mistakes.

It is what we have at this point.

And for those saying we would be in good shape with a true freshman starting in 2015, multiply this thread's disappointments by about 10 because you don't trade 20 games of experience and magically get rid of dumb mistakes.

I still can't believe S2S and tini are advocating for Montez starting over Sefo next year...

Sefo is a good teammate, and a quality youngman. However, his performance in key situations in 2014, leaves the job open to competition this spring, and next fall.

It is the critical position. All teammates, and all fans, need that ball to stay in our possession at critical moments!

Sefo is capable of this role, but he must demonstrate progress to gain everyone's confidence and retain the starting role in 2015. Feet matter, especially at critical moments, and that has yet to be utilized by Sefo. Perhaps 2015 will evolve this opportunity for Sefo. Let's see how things play out these next several months.

I am pulling for Sefo to succeed, and hope he emerges twice the overall player in 2015.

Last edited:
The Buffs had a PAC XII level offense for the first time since they joined the conference. Sefo directed that offense. There are a number of people who are being too hard on him.

You know what?

I'm all in with Sefo.

Couldn't agree more.

I do think we can have a top 5 offense in the conference next year. Reflecting on the year, Sefo played really well sans about 5 big mistakes a game. He will keep getting better. He understands the offense really well, just has a habit of forcing the ball when the game gets close. Sefo is our guy next year and gives us our best shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it really just 3 days since our last game? It is going to be a very long off season. I think I need to dig up something controversial to post in the politics forum.

Is it really just 3 days since our last game? It is going to be a very long off season. I think I need to dig up something controversial to post in the politics forum.

good idea...tell Waldo that he is a flaming liberal....that would be interesting.

Players with a really strong awareness of all that's happening in a game, used to be described as "heady" (Billups, P Manning...). Sefo is tough and a great leader, but he seems to lose track of what's needed too often (throwing that lame intercept last game, when a heady player would have thrown it out of bounds; the failure to get those last 2 yards, not knowing to spike the ball a few weeks ago, etc, etc)

He is fine physically, but needs work on the mental aspects

The pics were frustrating for everyone, especially Sefo. As a sophomore he did a great job in everything else. He improved from his Freshman year and I believe he'll improve next year, which means limiting the turnovers. It's a process. If he keeps throwing pics next year he will have to be benched, despite all the things he does well. Turnovers are crucial. My guess is it won't be a problem based on coaching, his work ethic and how much he improved this year. And he will be a top qb the next two years.

Back