What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have no idea what that win means

I have that mindset toward Hawaii and UMass, but I can't bring myself to wish that program well.

SIAP, but I heard something about CSU captains not shaking CU captains hands during the coin toss? I think it was KC's presser that it was mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Read an article about it somewhere, I will try and find it.

One of the captains, who wasn't playing in the game mind you, blocked his team mates from shaking our captains hands. They reached out and he grabbed their arms. Not sure what his deal was, but I know it pissed off KC.

I have that mindset toward Hawaii and UMass, but I can't bring myself to wish that program well.

SIAP, but I heard something about CSU captains not shaking CU captains hands during the coin toss? I think it was KC's presser that it was mentioned. Can anyone shed any light on that?

I believe it happened after the OT coin toss. I remember thinking it was weird that the referee didn't tell the captains to shake hands (my perception watching on tv).

Am I wrong?

I don't think the W means much, other than a W, which, let's face it, is the most important thing.

Going forward there are concerns, as others have pointed out, 500 yds. given up, no sacks, the other team missed 3 FG's (yes, virginia, one was blocked), in other words, a whole lot of good breaks attended a win over a middling Mtn. Weenie squad. Color me a little skeptical that CU is now a juggernaut, or really even likely to win more than 2 P12 games this year. I hope I am wrong.

There were a lot of positives to take away. No INT's for Sefo. I did actually see him throw to someone other than his primary. The OL opened some running lanes (although 3.9 ypc is pretty average), the D was opportunisitic, even if the did give up over a quarter mile in territory. ST remains a nightmare, the field position give away in the 1stQ was what put the Buffs in such a hole, but Diego has been solid and Kenney continues to improve. Long way to go IMO.

We have to take wins anyway we can take them. This team finally broke through and won a close game. Ultimately, if we are going to point out the likely mistakes CSU made and cost them the game, then we need to point out CU's. CU left a lot of points on the field. We had at least 2 wide open over throws and obviously a touchdown called back. I'm sure there are other's, but I will start there.

Still not sure what we have with this team, but I am hoping we found a team that can start finding ways to win close games. So happy for those kids and coaches. They kept plugging away. That was a fun game and won't start picking everything apart until we get to conference play.

CU still has a lot of work to do, but I'll take this win any day. Also, love that the D is making big plays that are resulting in turnovers. Its a start and hopefully something to build upon as we go forward.

We have to take wins anyway we can take them. This team finally broke through and won a close game. Ultimately, if we are going to point out the likely mistakes CSU made and cost them the game, then we need to point out CU's. CU left a lot of points on the field. We had at least 2 wide open over throws and obviously a touchdown called back. I'm sure there are other's, but I will start there.
Exactly. Let's stop the "they missed 3 FGs and put up 500 yards" talk to down play this win. We missed 2 FGs of our own, had the TD called back, a drop by Shay that would have been another long TD and another over throw. Just as easily as CSU could have won if they didn't blow some chances, CU had more chances that would have led to a blowout, if converted.

Same here. I wish I could root for them to do well, but I simply can't. I've dealt with too many chirping Rammie fans over the years to be able to do it anymore. We will never need to rely on them as a quality win, so I'm all for seeing them go back to the basement where they've historically been.

Buff fans have been abused for so long that they need to find any logic to fight the hope that is building after back to back wins. Hoping at 3-1 those buff fans can make the trip back to Boulder. I am hoping that UO game is going to be rowdy.

Exactly. Let's stop the "they missed 3 FGs and put up 500 yards" talk to down play this win. We missed 2 FGs of our own, had the TD called back, a drop by Shay that would have been another long TD and another over throw. Just as easily as CSU could have won if they didn't blow some chances, CU had more chances that would have led to a blowout, if converted.
Yeah. We definitely have things to work on and have to shore up a lot of mistakes. Not to sound like Tini, but I just don't understand pointing out mistakes only in a win.

So I finally got around to watching the game last night. I have 8,277 new posts and I didn't want to search through them all to find out which CSU threads were active, which had ascended into threads discussing the oxford comma, and which were still about the game so I just decided to post my thoughts here - in a new thread.

First off, I expected a loss and am excited for the win. I don't think CSU is a bad team and the buffs gave themselves lots of opportunities to fold and they didn't. I knew the outcome of the game and even thought to myself 'here we go again' when Diego missed that field goal in the fourth. We overcame an early deficit, key injuries, and a late game collapse against a decent team in a raucous environment.

Some quick disjointed thoughts:
  • I was happy to see Sefo finally hit a deep ball and he put another one on the money that should have been caught.
  • Sefo still needs to work on his progressions. He was getting a little bit more time Saturday but often still didn't work through them if the first read wasn't open.
  • Diego hit two big field goals. That's a good sign.
  • People complaining about the officiating should stop. They key play in the game - the pick 6 - was pass interference.
  • Gamboa is SLOW.
  • It's great to see some other receivers assert themselves. That will help both Spruce and the running game.
  • While not as good as the previous games, I still thought the running game was impressive.
  • The atmosphere looked good and I'm glad the students showed up.
  • I dislike the "I believe that we will win" chant for football. That's reserved for college basketball and usa soccer.
  • Crawley made some big plays. That was nice to see.
  • 2 - 1 so infinitely better than 1 - 2.
The Pac 12 doesn't look the murderer's row that it originally did and the win over the Rams has given me hope again. It feels so much better to have hope. Next up, the buffs need to progress further and go out and soundly beat a team they should in all four quarters. We need to beat up on Nichols State early and not let them hang around like UMass did. I want the game to be all but over by 1/2 time. Not only is that a progression the buffs need to make, but we need some time to like our wounds and heal up. That win on Saturday was hard fought but well deserved.

Go Buffs!!!

I don't know how many times it has to be posted, there is no such thing as pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

I don't know how many times it has to be posted, there is no such thing as pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage. This is not a hard concept to grasp.
Oh. I didn't realize he was behind the line of scrimmage. Ok.

you should read more threads. I will move this for you. Also, you got your analysis of the pick six wrong. It wasn't PI because it was behind the LOS.

Oh. I didn't realize he was behind the line of scrimmage. Ok.
The officials did miss Offensive PI on a pick at the goal line that gave CSU one of their TD's, also they incorrectly spotted the ball on the long run by Dawkins where he stepped out of bounds like 14 times.

The officials did miss Offensive PI on a pick at the goal line that gave CSU one of their TD's, also they incorrectly spotted the ball on the long run by Dawkins where he stepped out of bounds like 14 times.
In fairness to the officials, the spot of the ball on the Dawkins play was only off by about 15 yards after they went to video review.

I think one thing that may have also been lost in the review is that we beat them with their superstar back. Higgins is the real deal and made a difference for them in that game with a solid outing. I don't really care if we beat them with or without Higgins, but it definitely doesn't give them any extra ammo.

I'd like to see more trust in these corners, put those guys in tight coverage and then get after the QB.
Maybe you missed the whole 4th quarter whenever CSU came out in 3 WR sets. Since the buffs hadn't been able to get pressure to that point, CU would send the nickleback on a blitz EVERY time, put a safety on the CSU slot, and leave KC on an island with no help over the top. Showed some pretty big trust in KC and he rewarded it. Gave up some longer passes, but not any "gashers".

Maybe you missed the whole 4th quarter whenever CSU came out in 3 WR sets. Since the buffs hadn't been able to get pressure to that point, CU would send the nickleback on a blitz EVERY time, put a safety on the CSU slot, and leave KC on an island with no help over the top. Showed some pretty big trust in KC and he rewarded it. Gave up some longer passes, but not any "gashers".
:| that's the point. Without Tupou, our secondary is easily the best part of the defense. When we were scared of Higgins deep threat, they killed us. When we weren't scared, Stevens couldn't hit anything.

And one of the big plays they hit on us was caused by a mixup where KC had to switch coverage mid play in order to stop a catastrophic long TD. KC played out of his mind.

Watching the highlights, its evident why a lot of our players are hurting. CSU led with their helmets on a lot of tackles.

I really didn't care about the yards. My biggest concern is pressure on the qb. If we can't get it with our front four, we need to create it with mixing up some blitzes.

Higgins shot on Witherspoon was cheap. That Neanderthal on the broadcast said it was a clean play.

KC gave Higgins a shot and I thought it was hilarious.

Saw that. It was awesome. I think it occurred in the 1st half when everybody was looking away and KC planted Higgins on his face. It was a total mental move telling Higgins that it was going to be a long day. The commentators were actually pretty much praising the attitude.

Add me to the list of the 30,000 fans that are not going to be at Folsom Field on Saturday.
I really don't care if you go or not, or even watch the games for that matter, but if you're not going to tune in to the product on the field please refrain from commenting on it. You're ill-informed.

I really don't get that mentality.

You already have paid for the ticket (assuming)
CU is going to win Saturday
It is going to be a beautiful September day.
There are only 6 weekends to watch football at Folsom Field.
Tailgating will be early, but it beats almost anything else you can do on a Saturday.
Revenue helps the AD which helps the football team
Fan support helps recruiting which helps the football team

For a person who has put forth so much effort to bash the current coaching staff and admin, claiming they want the best for the program, I don't understand how you don't make an effort to either a) watch the game or b) go to Folsom.

Early tailgates aren't too bad. Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day, even JJ Watt said so in hard knocks haha.

And Big Jim's off the "build trust" part of his troll plan. Weird. All he had to do was wait till the P12 schedule before going full troll, and he would have gotten a lot more support. Premature, he is.
Reckless, is he. Now, matters are worse (for him).

It means Lindsay crushed someone.
(h/t CL34 on Rivals - he is so good with these)
lindsay-hit_zps372ocdw5.gif

Back