What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawkins had any honor

really?

honestly?

dude, they played a bit better tonight but what do you think texas is going to do to them or ku or osu or mizzery or the ****ing fuskers?

i don't see very many wins on the horizon.

No ****. DBT, I like you as a poster, but what games are you watching? We're not close at all on offense.

So, you agree with the "If Hawkins had any honor" ****? If he had any honor, he'd not be a quitter. If he had any honor he would work to get this turned around. This "turning on Hawkins" **** is making me sick.
Seriously. Wake up. We are 1-3. We got our asses handed to us by CSU and Toledo. You really don't see why people are turning on the coaching staff?

There were about six posts I wanted to quote and respond to, but I'm tired, worn out and it's late.

Look: if Dan Hawkins walked out now (for honor as you claim) it would be like a captain abandoning the ship. And whether or not YOU think you would be critical of that decision, there would be a groundswell of voices screaming about disloyalty, and not seeing it through, and "how could he do this to the guys?" and ... blah blah blah.

Hawkins can't quit. He'd probably never get hired again if he walked out mid-season. He's committed to CU for a period of time, and unless Bohn asks him to leave, I expect Hawkins will stay and do his darndest. Whether or not we like it.

So whine about "honor" but I disagree. It would be a bad move in a lot of ways for him to walk. Bad for CU, bad for him, bad for the team.

Cody and Tyler. I like Tyler, but I can't say with any confidence that I heard or saw anything to tell me that he was so much better than Cody he earned the starting position. I kept hearing they were neck and neck. Assuming that's true (and what else do I have to go on?) then I "get" the logic that we hold Tyler out a year to create separation for the next two years. I don't know what else to think. It totally screws with anybody's heart and mind to throw in the fact that Hawkins is coaching his son, but I also can't say 100% that Tyler Hansen was going to come in and make everything right. I don't think the decision is easy, but I also won't say that Dan Hawkins is playing his son purely out of family obligation or to reward his offspring. Remember, it's Division 1 football rant?

He wants to win. I believe that. He hasn't found the formula yet, but we saw glimpses tonight. Glimpses, but they were there.

So I saw some improvement. Not enough to win, although there were a LOT of moments where I believed it could happen. It didn't.

Before anybody sweeps Dan Hawkins out with the broom of the Wicked Witch of the north, have a plan: exactly what do you think the rest of the season will look like with that upheaval to the team and are our options at this point assuredly better than the bird in the hand?

I support our players.
And ripping Dan Hawkins away from CU doesn't seem like the right idea.

I do, unless the kids read this **** and just give up. They are close to turning it around. They are. But, by taking that stance, I'm the moron, I guess.
If any of our players take a internet message board to heart, they're stupid. jmho.

So, you agree with the "If Hawkins had any honor" ****? If he had any honor, he'd not be a quitter. If he had any honor he would work to get this turned around. This "turning on Hawkins" **** is making me sick.

I never said I agreed with that. I don't think he has some moral obligation to walk away from his job. I do think his performance justifies relieving him of his job. I'm sure he is working to turn this around. I just can't see that it's happening, or going to happen based on his results so far.

If you can see signs of hope, I'm happy for you. I wish I could join you....

No he isn't! God dammit! That is the point. He isn't "sticking by his kd!" God dammit, you people are total assholes! The thing is, his kid is the best we have...forget it. I can't deal with you people.
:lol:

I just wonder if DBT will finally see the light when we're sitting at 1-5 in two weeks.

If Hawkins had any honor, he'd be a quitter, just like most of the Allbuffs posters. QUITTERS! :lol: As for me, I'm a ****ing fighter, and I'll take any of you mother ****ers on, any time, any where. And most of you will kick my ass, because I'm an old, feable, piece of ****. But I don't care. I'll get my ass kicked if it means defending the Buffs!

If Hawkins had any honor, he'd be a quitter, just like most of the Allbuffs posters. QUITTERS! :lol: As for me, I'm a ****ing fighter, and I'll take any of you mother ****ers on, any time, any where. And most of you will kick my ass, because I'm an old, feable, piece of ****. But I don't care. I'll get my ass kicked if it means defending the Buffs!

I agree with you when it comes to people attacking the effort of the players or attacking them, or blaming them for this mess.

But I don't think that defending Hawk is necessarily the same thing as defending the Buffs right now. We all want what is best for the Buffs - it's just that more and more people all the time do not think Hawk is what is best for the Buffs...

If Hawkins had any honor, he'd be a quitter, just like most of the Allbuffs posters. QUITTERS! :lol: As for me, I'm a ****ing fighter, and I'll take any of you mother ****ers on, any time, any where. And most of you will kick my ass, because I'm an old, feable, piece of ****. But I don't care. I'll get my ass kicked if it means defending the Hawkins!
fify

No one is questioning your fanhood.

That's the point. Cody is a good kid. He's tough and he's a competitor. But he is not the QB this program is going to win with. And there's still a significant possibility he's the best QB on the roster. That is a failure in recruiting by the coaching staff. Just like many of the other areas where we are described as overmatched - not just against WVU, but against teams like ****ing TOLEDO.... :sad2:

I don't see our recruiting as a failure. The first class was a wash. NO one was going to save that class.

Hawkins has been targeting certain area on the team for every class. He started on the O-line and he finally has some solid talented depth at the position.

He was done a good job at WR and RB. give last years WR class a little time and I think we will all be happy with what we have waiting for us. He also brought in a talented JC to fill a gap until they freshman have time to develop.

I agree that we have missed on some people and we still have some holes, but I don't see recruiting as being as big a problem as some.

I don't see our recruiting as a failure. The first class was a wash. NO one was going to save that class.

Hawkins has been targeting certain area on the team for every class. He started on the O-line and he finally has some solid talented depth at the position.

He was done a good job at WR and RB. give last years WR class a little time and I think we will all be happy with what we have waiting for us. He also brought in a talented JC to fill a gap until they freshman have time to develop.

I agree that we have missed on some people and we still have some holes, but I don't see recruiting as being as big a problem as some.

Seriously? Have you seen our team speed lately? Recruiting is not a problem?

Wow.

You want to say that to my face?

Wow.

Dito on the sarcasm...

But I'm not really sure if we don't have speed, cuz we don't play our best players. There is no more arguing that. When they are on the field, the offense moves and the defense gets there (not necessarily tackles), there are no books of excuses left for Squawkins to explain this.

PLAY THE GUYS YOU RECRUITED DUMB****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, all of you thought we'd beat WVU in Morgantown? And, since we didn't, the team and Hawk suck? Who the hell thougt we'd win? Who the hell? The result is what should have been expected.

You don't see leaving the QB position this badly undermanned is a bit of a problem in recruiting? If they've simply not gotten around to it yet, I'd say that's a pretty bad failure in priorities. It's kind of an important position...

You want to say that to my face?

Hank, before you take this any farther, I have to warn you the Allbuffs steel cage is booked up for the rest of the season. If you want to set up a throw down with DBT, you two are going to have to supply your own venue.... :smile2:

Wow.

Read the post again please.

I admit there are still holes that need to be filled, bu there are fewer now than 3 years ago. We have speed at RB, we have size and strength on the O-line and I believe we have speed at WR in the wings.

I don't think you can expect to rebuild a team top to bottom at every position in 3 classes. It takes time. I also agree that if you are going to build a team from the ground up the O-line is the place to start, then you put playmakers around them.

I think Safety and D-line are still two very big holes for us right now that need to be addressed as well as QB.

So, all of you thought we'd beat WVU in Morgantown? And, since we didn't, the team and Hawk suck? Who the hell thougt we'd win? Who the hell? The result is what should have been expected.

No, I didn't expect to win. The result was actually closer than I expected.

And that, sir, illustrates the problem.... :sad1:

What a sad indictment of the state of our program.

You don't see leaving the QB position this badly undermanned is a bit of a problem in recruiting? If they've simply not gotten around to it yet, I'd say that's a pretty bad failure in priorities. It's kind of an important position...

Hank, before you take this any farther, I have to warn you the Allbuffs steel cage is booked up for the rest of the season. If you want to set up a throw down with DBT, you two are going to have to supply your own venue.... :smile2:

I did not say we don't have additional holes to fill, I just don't see our recruiting as a failure. I think we have some players that can play on this team. I really don't know what to think about QB. It is an area that needs to be improved, but I also see QB as the hardest position to recruit. When was the last time CU had a can't lose QB as a recruit. QB has always been pretty hit or miss for us.

I think Safety and D-line are still two very big holes for us right now that need to be addressed as well as QB.

I agree with this and it is why I cannot say recruiting has been anything other than average. When QB and DL are question marks, you got major issues.

Back