What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawkins had any honor

Hey, I'll agree with you there. We do not have the best of recruiters. That is a huge problem. CU should be able to sell itself.

14- 27 isn't going to sell much. Like I said I saw some improvement but not much. Not enough to think they will turn it around for a 6-6 record and a bowl game.

It's not working out, no shame, isn't the first or last coach not to do well here.

I liked the effort and no quit from thsi team. This team has made improvements from the first two games. I still think we need a change, but we played a good game.

I liked the effort and no quit from thsi team. This team has made improvements from the first two games. I still think we need a change, but we played a good game.

:yeahthat: GO BUFFS!! Come on players, play for each other, and make plays despite the idiotic coaching. You guys are going to be part of CU and on the team much longer than your HC..
:gobuffs:

I realize that there is a lot of frustration - but Dan Hawkins is not going to quit. He may not be a terrific coach but he is not a quitter. He will go down swinging and doing the best he can. In the end, his best simply isn't good enough for Colorado.

As for the QB situation - there is only one QB on the roster who is available to play. Cody Hawkins. The remaining QBs are redshirting - and good for them. They have bright exciting futures ahead of them.

As for the coaches - there is only one coach on this entire staff who is worth a sh!t and that is Brian Cabral. I know there is an eternal dicksuck for Darian Hagan, but he has not done a thing as a coach, imo. Greg Brown may have been fantastic in the late 1980's and early 1990's but his defensive backfield is overrated. The DL is atrocious. Don't even get me started on the offense. I think the offensive philosophy starts and stops with Dan Hawkins - so I don't think it matters who the coordinator is, who the OL coach is, who the WR coach is, etc.

I realize that there is a lot of frustration - but Dan Hawkins is not going to quit. He may not be a terrific coach but he is not a quitter. He will go down swinging and doing the best he can. In the end, his best simply isn't good enough for Colorado.

As for the QB situation - there is only one QB on the roster who is available to play. Cody Hawkins. The remaining QBs are redshirting - and good for them. They have bright exciting futures ahead of them.

As for the coaches - there is only one coach on this entire staff who is worth a sh!t and that is Brian Cabral. I know there is an eternal dicksuck for Darian Hagan, but he has not done a thing as a coach, imo. Greg Brown may have been fantastic in the late 1980's and early 1990's but his defensive backfield is overrated. The DL is atrocious. Don't even get me started on the offense. I think the offensive philosophy starts and stops with Dan Hawkins - so I don't think it matters who the coordinator is, who the OL coach is, who the WR coach is, etc.

What's Cabral doing that's so great? The whole staff is weak and that's on Hawk for putting together this staff.

What's Cabral doing that's so great? The whole staff is weak and that's on Hawk for putting together this staff.
Beatty. (for example) That kid is producing beyond what his natural ability is. That's good coaching. Cabral knows how to make average LBs good, and good LBs great.

I realize that there is a lot of frustration - but Dan Hawkins is not going to quit. He may not be a terrific coach but he is not a quitter. He will go down swinging and doing the best he can.

:thumbsup: It would go against every traditional and nontraditional philosophy he's ever uttered. And you know I'd lose a lot of respect for him if he did.

(don't say it: I still DO have respect for Dan Hawkins.)

Wow the level of anger last night was nothing short of spectacular.

I don't have a problem with DBT going off and calling us names. No biggy. When your favorite program becomes a loser it's tough not to get hot. And facing the facts we're losers. Not from a character standpoint, there is a lot of honor, good and integrity in this program. The record on the field does speak for itself though.

Blame for this does have to go somewhere though. It didn't just happen by accident. And yeah you can roast Barney for it some more if you want but that only holds true for so long.

Dan Hawkins was hired to turn things around and my impression was that meant more than just restoring integrity to the program.

How can anyone really know if nepotism is involved. All anyone can really have is suspicions. I personally suspect some favoritism. Why??

Why would you throw a red shirt on someone who was admittedly "very close" to Cody in the QB competition this spring and summer leaving the team w/o any viable second option?

As poorly as he has played at times and after that bang to his melon in Toledo why is he still the only QB in the B12 that has taken every snap this year?

Why aren't the WR's that are taller, faster yet less familiar to Cody seldom an option up to this point? Is it really that hard to learn how to be a WR under this system? Or is it that they are just that dumb? I just can't believe either is the case.

Why wouldn't a father have the "rose-colored" glasses on where his kid is concerned and even make some adjustments and allowances in order for him to succeed? It's human nature whether professionally risky or not.

In any event, there is much more wrong here than just Hawkins or his son. I think the Buffs showed some tenacity last night we just couldn't keep up with a fast, talented team. While QB play wasn't that great (I call that last 73 yard drive garbage time, sorry late TD's when a team is impossibly behind just don't mean that much to me) there were plenty of other area's where the team and staff just didn't get it done last night.

I still think the Buff's lose the next two and we'll see what's left of the team and this board :smile2: after that.

And DBT - call me whatever you want. I'm not the relic you are yet I've lived enough life that my skin is pretty leathery and thick. I got no problem with you my brother in Buff :smile2:

Hawkins is a goon you guys. Speedy was tearing **** up one your first three drives and then your dumb ass coach passes 3 and out twice in a row. He's a f'ing goon.

Plus, hawk Jr. got picked so damn much I didn't know who had the ball half the time.

There's been a lot of improvement. Our OL played great. Cody got a lot of clear looks and Speedy ran for just about 100 in the first half. How is that not improvement?

1-3 soon to be 1-5 and then the 4th straight losing season.

And DBT - call me whatever you want. I'm not the relic you are yet I've lived enough life that my skin is pretty leathery and thick. I got no problem with you my brother in Buff :smile2:
Thanks for the kind words. :lol:

I only get mad at the ones I love. :thumbsup:

Hawkins won't quit. He willhang on for a lot of reasons: his son is QB (and always will be if DH has anything to say about it); he's collecting fat paychecks to run a .333 team; the self-help books he reads always start with sme variation on the "Don't quit" mantra....Four years is plenty of time to see progress, we aren't seeing it. For the record, I thought beating WVU at home was an iffy proposition before the season, but WVU served that game up on a silver platter, and the O, supposedly Hawk's forte, could not capitalize. Not once, but several times.

IF CH is the best option at QB, that is pathetic recruiting and plaeyer development. 5.6 ypa? With a run game and all recievers (excepting Espy) available? 30 5 yard curls a game is a joke in D1 and won't beat any team except those in the bottom third of D1.

Beatty. (for example) That kid is producing beyond what his natural ability is. That's good coaching. Cabral knows how to make average LBs good, and good LBs great.

Burton was a beast at times, and look at Jeff Smart in general, a walk-on, but now is a very heady smart (no pun intended) player that for the most part is always in the right place.

The question about Cabral would be can he teach a whole defense to get promoted one day? Will he be able to recruit like he does with added administrative work?

Cabral has produced one of the most solid, consistent, effective group of linebacker for the better part of 20 years.

There may be numerous positions on the field where I go into any given week with absolutely no idea how the team is going to play. (QB, WR, OL, DL, DB). But, linebacker is NEVER one of them. The LBs just flat out perform. Every single week.

At this point in his career, after almost 20 years as a position coach, I do not think Cabral will ever be a coordinator. But much like Bob Simmons was under McCartney, I think Cabral is very very important to this football program.

Iowa State is most likely to be 4-1 soon. CU will be 1-4. If you think there's nothing wrong with your program you are AN IDIOT!

I agree Talkins would never quit, if for no other reason than he's a stubborn doosh.

The last meaningless TD last night.........ok fine. I've come to expect that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

Kicking an onside kick down 11 with 3 seconds left = doosh. That just made me laugh. :lol:

Yeah I was surprise also to see that we were trying an on side kick with 3 seconds left, like i've said before this coaching staff makes some of the most bone headed calls i've ever seen.

There's nothing wrong with the onside kick in my book. You don't concede defeat in a game that's going really badly or a season that is going really badly.

There's nothing wrong with the onside kick in my book. You don't concede defeat in a game that's going really badly or a season that is going really badly.

I think they tried to design that so that Burney would catch it off the hop on the fly--it almost worked. Wouldn't have meant anything in the end, but it would have bucked up the troops a little and been cool to see.

I think they tried to design that so that Burney would catch it off the hop on the fly--it almost worked. Wouldn't have meant anything in the end, but it would have bucked up the troops a little and been cool to see.

Even when losing, games are golden opportunities to try something you've been practicing. That way, when the chance comes again in a game that matters, the team has experienced it already. They know what to do.

Frankly, with the first post you made in this thread, I'm not at all surprised you're getting ripped, and I generally think you're a great poser and asshole to this place....

FIFY.:lol:

Sorry DBT. Ya know I love ya but some posts are just MADE to me modified!!!:thumbsup:

I could never stop watching CU. I'm here through thick and thin like everyone else on this board. Except for Miami though. :huh:

Have you "sports-divorced" the Buffs? That's a drastic move I'll never take but I could certainly understand it.

No. I just dont feel the love at the moment. Or I lost my mojo or something.

Its just that its been so long since we were awesome (OU game), let alone consistent (2001), let alone consistently awesome (Mac) that its hard to get up for these games anymore. Im watching a team that seems to be very inconsistant/undercoached/underprepared or however you want to describe it. The player rotation is incomprehensible. The lack of depth in the trenches (OL DL) is completely unacceptable. Excellent line play makes bad RBs get drafted in the NFL.

The fact is that we are 15 years removed from Mac's retirement. The entire period can be summed up in fits and starts on a long and gradual decline from greatness. The last time I felt like this program was going up, up, up again was Barney's first couple of years. Then he lost me. The he lost his job. Hawkins seemed like a good move but he's yet to be a consistant producer. We are in year 4 and the team looks like mush.

I love the Buffs. I'll always watch. But Im too afraid to get excited anymore, to pour myself into it. This should have been Hawks 10 win season but I saw some of the cracks awhile back. Too man kids have quit or transfered was the biggest worry, now confirmed, for me. It's so depressing I can hardly even get excited about ND losing or Miami beating OU or really seeing the joy in college football at all. Oh well.

Last edited:

Its just that its been so long since we were awesome (OU game), let alone consistent (2001), let alone consistently awesome (Mac) that its hard to get up for these games anymore. Im watching a team that seems to be very inconsistant/undercoached/underprepared or however you want to describe it. The player rotation is incomprehensible. The lack of depth in the trenches (OL DL) is completely unacceptable. Excellent line play makes bad RBs get drafted in the NFL.

The fact is that we are 15 years removed from Mac's retirement. The entire period can be summed up in fits and starts on a long and gradual decline from greatness. The last time I felt like this program was going up, up, up again was Barney's first couple of years. Then he lost me. The he lost his job. Hawkins seemed like a good move but he's yet to be a consistant producer. We are in year 4 and the team looks like mush.

I love the Buffs. I'll always watch. But Im too afraid to get excited anymore, to pour myself into it. This should have been Hawks 10 win season but I saw some of the cracks awhile back. Too man kids have quit or transfered was the biggest worry for me. Oh well.

Wow man. I couldn't have put it any better. I'd give anything to see Hawk read your post and react.

I love the Buffs. I'll always watch. But Im too afraid to get excited anymore, to pour myself into it. This should have been Hawks 10 win season but I saw some of the cracks awhile back. Too man kids have quit or transfered was the biggest worry, now confirmed, for me. It's so depressing I can hardly even get excited about ND losing or Miami beating OU or really seeing the joy in college football at all. Oh well.
:yeahthat:

Back