What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Hawkins had any honor

So, all of you thought we'd beat WVU in Morgantown? And, since we didn't, the team and Hawk suck? Who the hell thougt we'd win? Who the hell? The result is what should have been expected.

I thought we had a good chance tonight. Going in, I said that WVU doesn't take care of the football and we should be able to control the clock. Beyond my wildest expectations, they gave us 4 first half turnovers and we didn't even have a halftime lead. This was an unranked team we were playing. I don't know that I can lower my expectations to the point where a game like this doesn't upset me, DBT.

I agree with this and it is why I cannot say recruiting has been anything other than average. When QB and DL are question marks, you got major issues.

yes, but if he would have gone after D-line and QB first and not O-line and RB/WR then we would all be complaining how our QB/RB had senior QB/RB and WR didn't have enough time to execute plays.

So while I agree that recruiting has not filled all the gaps, I also think Hawkins is going after the right positions to build the team first.

:lol:

i will! you, sir, are a, what is it?, a, a DICKWAD!

by the way, what IS a dickwad?
I don't plan on attending any tailgates anytime soon. But I will let you know the next time I fire up the BBQ on the back patio. We'll see if you're man enough to show up.

yes, but if he would have gone after D-line and QB first and not O-line and RB/WR then we would all be complaining how our QB/RB had senior QB/RB and WR didn't have enough time to execute plays.

So while I agree that recruiting has not filled all the gaps, I also think Hawkins is going after the right positions to build the team first.

You don't think it is important to find a QB to attract blue chip WRs? You don't think it is important to go after DL to build a defense around? I agree that the OL is important, but you lose me after that.

I thought we had a good chance tonight. Going in, I said that WVU doesn't take care of the football and we should be able to control the clock. Beyond my wildest expectations, they gave us 4 first half turnovers and we didn't even have a halftime lead. This was an unranked team we were playing. I don't know that I can lower my expectations to the point where a game like this doesn't upset me, DBT.
I honestly thought we'd win. And I don't disagree that Cody did not do well. But I'm not going to rip the kid apart like the rest of this board. And, frankly, I really do thnk we are about to turn it around.

I don't plan on attending any tailgates anytime soon. But I will let you know the next time I fire up the BBQ on the back patio. We'll see if you're man enough to show up.

oh yeah?

it is on, muthaflocker...

i will venture behind the orange curtain and beat you with your own discount jumbo pack of mystery meat for the grill.

i may even add a severe chastisement for good measure while you are lying on your own patio, picking gray chunks of meat off your face.

I did not say we don't have additional holes to fill, I just don't see our recruiting as a failure. I think we have some players that can play on this team. I really don't know what to think about QB. It is an area that needs to be improved, but I also see QB as the hardest position to recruit. When was the last time CU had a can't lose QB as a recruit. QB has always been pretty hit or miss for us.

I didn't mean to say all our recruiting has been bad. I'm actually not THAT down on the state of our talent, overall. We lack speed on defense and haven't used our speed at receiver, but overall I don't think we're totally bankrupt talentwise. But at QB we have a massive talent deficit compared to other BCS conference teams, and the failure to address that is going to leave us in a hole for a while longer, no matter what else happens... Simply saying "well, it's always been hard at CU" isn't good enough - if we're just going to say we can never have a good QB, we might was well just give up...

I honestly thought we'd win. And I don't disagree that Cody did not do well. But I'm not going to rip the kid apart like the rest of this board. And, frankly, I really do thnk we are about to turn it around.

Is there anything that can happen this year that would convince you Hawk is not the right guy for this program?

All due respect... what are you basing that on? We got hosed by an unranked, sloppy WVU squad tonight that has maybe 3/4 of the overall talent and team speed as Texas. In what way does this portend that we are about to turn the corner?

You just better hope that meat isn't Liver..... :lol:

not only that, but i'll probably even curl my eyebrow in disdain at the selection of appetizers provided. it will be a socially devastating look.

additionally, i will bring macro-brew beer, presuming hank unworthy of a quality microbrew. maybe budweiser.

Is there anything that can happen this year that would convince you Hawk is not the right guy for this program?
Yep. I'll give him the year and then evaluate. But in the mean time, I'm sticking by him and the kids.

So, all of you thought we'd beat WVU in Morgantown? And, since we didn't, the team and Hawk suck? Who the hell thougt we'd win? Who the hell? The result is what should have been expected.

But thats kinda the point... the result is what we should have expected. I am sick of expecting to lose to unranked teams by multiple scores. Especially a team we beat last year that lost a lot of key pieces (i know they still have talent and i know we lost key players too but still)

But thats kinda the point... the result is what we should have expected. I am sick of expecting to lose to unranked teams by multiple scores. Especially a team we beat last year that lost a lot of key pieces (i know they still have talent and i know we lost key players too but still)
No, I get that. I should have said something to the effect of "so, none of you aren't surprised we didn't lose in Morgantown", or something. I really thought we had a chance to win. I even think we should have won. But I'm not surprised we didn't. Disappointed, but not surprised. I still believe we have talent and will turn it around.

So few of us thought we'd win not because WVU was some world-beater(they struggled against Liberty and lost by 11 to Auburn and Coach Chizik), but because Hawkins has caused us to lower our expectations of the Buffs.

I don't expect us to go to a bowl, but that doesn't mean Hawkins gets excused if we don't. He's the main reason why I don't expect us to go to a bowl.

I didn't mean to say all our recruiting has been bad. I'm actually not THAT down on the state of our talent, overall. We lack speed on defense and haven't used our speed at receiver, but overall I don't think we're totally bankrupt talentwise. But at QB we have a massive talent deficit compared to other BCS conference teams, and the failure to address that is going to leave us in a hole for a while longer, no matter what else happens... Simply saying "well, it's always been hard at CU" isn't good enough - if we're just going to say we can never have a good QB, we might was well just give up...

My intent was not to imply this. Yes we need to do better at QB and we need to try and land a top recruit. I am just saying that it is harder to do that at QB then the other positions. Not just for CU, but for many teams outside the top 10 programs.

Heck look at ND and all the can't miss QB's they have recruited the last 25 years. When is the last time you remember one of their QB recruits being anything special.

It is Bohn's decision whether to fire Hawkins or not - I think it will happen at the end of the season.

The QB situation is beyond ridiculous. I don't care if CH won the position in practice - any other coach would be trying anyone else at QB at this time. If it isn't nepotism what is it. Twice now there have been opportunities in garbage time to let someone else get some snaps. How is anyone going to develop if they never get on the field?

Yes, there was some improvement but CU still gives up big plays.

My intent was not to imply this. Yes we need to do better at QB and we need to try and land a top recruit. I am just saying that it is harder to do that at QB then the other positions. Not just for CU, but for many teams outside the top 10 programs.

Heck look at ND and all the can't miss QB's they have recruited the last 25 years. When is the last time you remember one of their QB recruits being anything special.

Three years ago Brady Quinn was an All-American winning the Maxwell and Unitas Trophys to boot. Clausen looks like he is playing well this year.

Eleven Big 12 teams have found better QBs than the Buffs have - some have found more than one.

And one I probably would not make. But that is my standard. Winning the north. Is that unreasonable?

Having that as a standard? No. Saying the Buffs will win the North after the performance of our team compared to the performances of KU, NU and MU? Yes.

Three years ago Brady Quinn was an All-American winning the Maxwell and Unitas Trophys to boot. Clausen looks like he is playing well this year.

Eleven Big 12 teams have found better QBs than the Buffs have - some have found more than one.

I don't want to get sidetracked arguing about ND quarterbacks. But neither of those QB's lived up to their billing. Quinn did well his senior year, but he was suppose to be a 4 year starter that hit the ground running. Same with Clausen.

The point is recruiting a QB and then having him live up to his potential
is harder to do than at other positions.

I don't want to get sidetracked arguing about ND quarterbacks. But neither of those QB's lived up to their billing. Quinn did well his senior year, but he was suppose to be a 4 year starter that hit the ground running. Same with Clausen.

The point is recruiting a QB and then having him live up to his potential
is harder to do than at other positions.

I don't know what your point is about ND QBs but Quinn was a 4 year starter and was an AA both his junior and senior year and ended up as a first round draft choice - so what is not meeting his potential....

Even if you cannot recruit a blue chip QB you have to find one that can play at the Big 12 level. If no one can beat out Cody Hawkins that means that we don't have a QB play at the Big 12 level on the roster.

Man, what a great thread.. Thanks DBT.. :smile2:

About to turn it around.. :rofl:

If Hawk is allowed to come back after this season, Bohn must force coaching changes because his staff is very WEAK in recruiting and coaching. I'm all for giving Hawk the time to turn it around, but this ain't working.. Anyone with a brain and who's living in reality sees that we are not going forward as a program.

The biggest question I have is why is Little Hawk the best QB we got? Why do we not have top WR? Why are we SLOWER than what I considered the slow teams of Barnett? Why?

If WVU had a real coach, we would have lost by 40 easily.. Trust me. Just like everyone ripped me last year after the Nebraska game saying "oh we played hard though crap".. Bottom line is WE LOST AGAIN. Games are there for the taking and this staff has failed getting players in here to win games like this.

Man, what a great thread.. Thanks DBT.. :smile2:

About to turn it around.. :rofl:

If Hawk is allowed to come back after this season, Bohn must force coaching changes because his staff is very WEAK in recruiting and coaching. I'm all for giving Hawk the time to turn it around, but this ain't working.. Anyone with a brain and who's living in reality sees that we are not going forward as a program.

The biggest question I have is why is Little Hawk the best QB we got? Why do we not have top WR? Why are we SLOWER than what I considered the slow teams of Barnett? Why?

If WVU had a real coach, we would have lost by 40 easily.. Trust me. Just like everyone ripped me last year after the Nebraska game saying "oh we played hard though crap".. Bottom line is WE LOST AGAIN. Games are there for the taking and this staff has failed getting players in here to win games like this.
Hey, I'll agree with you there. We do not have the best of recruiters. That is a huge problem. CU should be able to sell itself.

If Hawkins had any honor, he'd be a quitter, just like most of the Allbuffs posters. QUITTERS! :lol: As for me, I'm a ****ing fighter, and I'll take any of you mother ****ers on, any time, any where. And most of you will kick my ass, because I'm an old, feable, piece of ****. But I don't care. I'll get my ass kicked if it means defending the Buffs!

:lol::lol::lol:

Back