What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Big Ten offered CU, would you want to switch?

If offered, should CU join the Big Ten?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
thought about this for a moment, and, you know, there is no P5 conference better than the Pac for road trips from Sep - Nov.

just looking at which geographic areas in each FBS conference are best to visit in the fall, ignoring the gameday experience itself, what destinations would be best (within 2 hours'ish of the campus).

I didn't get overly analytical here, but the Pac is, by far, the best roadie destination for non-game-day activities. I put the MWC second, but I'm still in love in the west and have some bias.

Conference USA placed very well.

The only conference I rate behind the XII is the Mac, and I could argue in favor of switching those.
  1. Pac: San Fran, LA, Phoenix, Seattle, Boulder, SLC, Oregon coast
  2. MWC: Vegas, Boise, Co Springs, Alburqueque, Fresno, San Jose, No Utah, hell, even Laramie I'd rather visit than most any place in the XII
  3. ACC: Florida, Boston, middle & SW Virginia, Atlanta (not as bad as the SEC, as Syracuse and Boston provide destinations to escape the Sept heat)
  4. CUSA: San Antonio, Charlotte, Florida, New Orleans'ish (So Miss, LA Tech) -- too hot in Sept, but nice late fall destinations
  5. SEC: Baton Rouge, Gainsville, Nashville, Atlanta (they all suck in Sept, but be nice for later in the season)
  6. AAC: New Orleans, Florida, DC, Philly, Cinci, Outer Banks of North Carolina
  7. Sun Belt: New Orleans'ish, El Paso (I actually would like to visit that part of New Mexico and see White Sands and the VLA), Savannah
  8. B1G: Madison, Chicago, DC
  9. XII: Dallas?
  10. MAC: Chicago?
full disclosure -- my Texas travel is limited to about a week total in Dallas and four days in San Antonio.

Austin is a great town. Lawrence is a nice college town. No real complaints about Norman & OKC. Ft Worth and the TCU campus area on the river are allsome. After that, we're talking about Manhattan KS, Waco, Morgantown, Lubbock, Stillwater and Ames. It really doesn't get worse than that last 6 for travel destinations.

thought about this for a moment, and, you know, there is no P5 conference better than the Pac for road trips from Sep - Nov.

just looking at which geographic areas in each FBS conference are best to visit in the fall, ignoring the gameday experience itself, what destinations would be best (within 2 hours'ish of the campus).

I didn't get overly analytical here, but the Pac is, by far, the best roadie destination for non-game-day activities. I put the MWC second, but I'm still in love in the west and have some bias.

Conference USA placed very well.

The only conference I rate behind the XII is the Mac, and I could argue in favor of switching those.
  1. Pac: San Fran, LA, Phoenix, Seattle, Boulder, SLC, Oregon coast
  2. MWC: Vegas, Boise, Co Springs, Alburqueque, Fresno, San Jose, No Utah, hell, even Laramie I'd rather visit than most any place in the XII
  3. ACC: Florida, Boston, middle & SW Virginia, Atlanta (not as bad as the SEC, as Syracuse and Boston provide destinations to escape the Sept heat)
  4. CUSA: San Antonio, Charlotte, Florida, New Orleans'ish (So Miss, LA Tech) -- too hot in Sept, but nice late fall destinations
  5. SEC: Baton Rouge, Gainsville, Nashville, Atlanta (they all suck in Sept, but be nice for later in the season)
  6. AAC: New Orleans, Florida, DC, Philly, Cinci, Outer Banks of North Carolina
  7. Sun Belt: New Orleans'ish, El Paso (I actually would like to visit that part of New Mexico and see White Sands and the VLA), Savannah
  8. B1G: Madison, Chicago, DC
  9. XII: Dallas?
  10. MAC: Chicago?
full disclosure -- my Texas travel is limited to about a week total in Dallas and four days in San Antonio.
ACC... your lack of respect to Clemson and Greenville is a troubling omission.

For athletic success I think the Big 12 would be a good place for Colorado. The demise of the Big 12 has seemed to be a little exaggerated. Revenue estimates are better in the Big 12 than the PAC, recruiting is a lot better than the B1G and just as good as the PAC, and if the conference had a perceived win in an expansion the league would have more momentum.

If it happened next Tv deal and WVU headed back east and a Colorado joined I'm not sure it wouldn't be out of the question to get a Nebraska and an Arkansas to re-evaluate their athletic success in their leagues. At some point fans want athletic success not just beating their chest about being in the conference that makes the most money. If the Big 12 got to a quality 12 like that, maybe they could have their own network.

200-2.gif

For my own selfish reasons, NO. I realize there are great schools and FB programs in the B10, but when it comes to traveling to other schools for away games, the P-12 is top dog! When CU parted ways with the B-12 landscape, we were no longer forced to travel to such iconic locations like Stoolwater, OK, Lil Apple KS, Stinkin, NE etc;

In picking a conference for athletic success, I would think travel destination would be way down the list.

For my own selfish reasons, NO. I realize there are great schools and FB programs in the B10, but when it comes to traveling to other schools for away games, the P-12 is top dog! When CU parted ways with the B-12 landscape, we were no longer forced to travel to such iconic locations like Stoolwater, OK, Lil Apple KS, Stinkin, NE etc;

There is not much in Big10 country that inspires me. Its better than the Big12. But not by much. The Pac destinations are much more interesting.

Back