What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If the Big Ten offered CU, would you want to switch?

If offered, should CU join the Big Ten?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you gauging happiness with Macintyre by this board or some other poll of which I’m unaware? I haven’t seen much happiness with Macintyre, especially after last year’s shiite show. I have seen resignation to the fact that we aren’t going to pony up $12mm plus new coach dough to fire him. I haven’t seen happiness at all.

We keep getting pantsed, while in the worst P5 conference. Why would you want to move to a BETTER P5 conference? So we can get pantsed even harder? If anything, we should move to the Mountain West, so we can be competitive. The other option would be getting better at football, but considering how many people seem happy with MacIntyre as head coach and subpar recruiting classes, that's clearly not one of the goals for the football program

We keep getting pantsed, while in the worst P5 conference. Why would you want to move to a BETTER P5 conference? So we can get pantsed even harder? If anything, we should move to the Mountain West, so we can be competitive. The other option would be getting better at football, but considering how many people seem happy with MacIntyre as head coach and subpar recruiting classes, that's clearly not one of the goals for the football program

Mwc? Stop with that B.S. If Coach ego doesn't get it done next year he's gone. Everyone involved at CU needs to be all in or go home.

Reasons not to go :
-no recruiting footprint
-****ty places to visit for games
-huge cultural difference

Reasons to go :
- getting paid twenty-six million more, every single ****ing year.

That's a brand new practice facility every 5 years without anyone donating a single penny.

Reasons not to go :
-no recruiting footprint
-****ty places to visit for games
-huge cultural difference

Reasons to go :
- getting paid twenty-six million more, every single ****ing year.

That's a brand new practice facility every 5 years without anyone donating a single penny.

how about the obvious..much better football played

I’d put that as a negative. Did you watch OSU? We would look like a division II school against them right now.

We need a few solid years of OL/DL recruits just to be able to even compete with the top 25 consistently. Coincidentally it’s our biggest issue recruiting as well.

pac should start by telling the refs to put the flags away...all they are encouraging is soft play compared to big 10 and sec

I think this goes to nik's point about the quality of coaching being where we actually see the $ difference manifested.

If the rumors are true tOSU is poaching the DC from a P12 school to be their 10th assistant (Grinch/WSU). You know he's not taking a serious drop in salary (if any).

Really think about that for a moment...

USC and UO aren't, and wouldn't, pay their 10th assistant enough to match what they get as an OC or DC elsewhere. But B10 schools have the coin to do things like that.

It's ok for other P5 conferences to distribute more to their schools than the P12 does.

Within reason.

26 million more,

per school,

every.

single.

year.

Is not within reason. It's going to show up in on field competitiveness.

I'm going to have to go with yes on this. The cash is too good and I've arrived at the opinion that the PAC 12 is made up of part time fans that don't travel for crap. Besides I think it would be cool to see CU have a hockey team. The down side of course is the locations, the stunning beauty of the Indiana countryside or where ever doesn't inspire any more than Manhattan KS. did. Still playing in front of 100K has it's allure even though you might already have the idea that the wood shed is your next stop. Basically we can compete with the lower 1/2 of the PAC or we can compete with the lower 1/2 of the B1G and make how much more money? We have beaten Mich whereas we haven't beaten SC.

There's a serious cultural difference between Pac 12 schools and those from the BIG, SEC, etc. Football is just not as important in Pac 12 territory and sadly I think CU fits in the Pac better than those other conferences.

There's a serious cultural difference between Pac 12 schools and those from the BIG, SEC, etc. Football is just not as important in Pac 12 territory and sadly I think CU fits in the Pac better than those other conferences.
This is true. After switching conferences, CU went from being the school with weak fan support in the conference to the school with the fans that traveled really well in the conference. I'm not sure that's a good thing, though.

This is true. After switching conferences, CU went from being the school with weak fan support in the conference to the school with the fans that traveled really well in the conference. I'm not sure that's a good thing, though.
Nature versus nurture. Would our fanbase take cues from our conference peers and become more rabid, travel better, and push the evolution of CU into a "Big Boy" program if we were in the BIG, or is this just what we are as a program and we're better off not getting relegated to complete afterthought status in a new conference? I think it's the latter.

Nature versus nurture. Would our fanbase take cues from our conference peers and become more rabid, travel better, and push the evolution of CU into a "Big Boy" program if we were in the BIG, or is this just what we are as a program and we're better off not getting relegated to complete afterthought status in a new conference? I think it's the latter.
We're already relegated to afterthought status as it is this past season set us back 2 yrs. I wonder how difficult it would be to sell out Folsom with OSU, Mich or PSU, to the lesser Wisc, Iowa & NW and the regrettable knu. I can only imagine, silver would become the new red.

I'd rather see an SEC West happen (I never think small), good foot print and some very good locals to visit which in my late life I would travel to. I have no interest in Tempe, have zero interest in So Cal and even less in Corvallis, I would however travel to Baton Rouge, College Station, Oxford & Tuscaloosa. CU would shoot to the top of the academia rivaled only by Vanderbilt, I'm sure there are those that would like flexing that muscle.
But we know that isn't going to happen.
No CU probably has it's best fit with the PAC and it's hey we're smart but we only like to go to FB games if it fits our busy schedule but I did/will get a great piece paper and we can kick everyone's axx in water polo.

I think it’s because we’re in that in middle ground between the B1G fans and Pac fans. In the B1G we’re in the lower third of fanbases. In the Pac we’re near the top. I don’t know how we would fit in the B1G.

Honestly, I would jump ship. I know the areas of the country aren’t as good as the West, but Ann Arbor was awesome. Madison would be great. A lot of schools would be fun to travel to in late September through October. But we’re not going anywhere unless the Big 12 tries to get some schools and they have more leverage than the Pac.

I think it’s because we’re in that in middle ground between the B1G fans and Pac fans. In the B1G we’re in the lower third of fanbases. In the Pac we’re near the top. I don’t know how we would fit in the B1G.

Honestly, I would jump ship. I know the areas of the country aren’t as good as the West, but Ann Arbor was awesome. Madison would be great. A lot of schools would be fun to travel to in late September through October. But we’re not going anywhere unless the Big 12 tries to get some schools and they have more leverage than the Pac.
LOL we'd be those guys with a great mascot. CU wouldn't fit in the B1G initially on an athletic basis, I don't believe we'd become "the basement dweller"...leave that to Purdue & Indiana kind of like KU & ISU of the old big 8 & 12.
I think I'll look at the B1G and see where CU would've/could've finished this season..we might've gone bowling for all I know.

We'd do fairly well in the B1G West right now, and other than Wisconsin, I don't see any teams that would be automatically penciled in as sure losses. In the East, I'm not seeing how we would stay on the field vs tOSU, Penn St., of Michigan. As far as travel goes, Madison, Chicago, and Minneapolis are nice up through October and I'd be more inclined to travel to a game in one of those places than I'd be to most PAC12 towns. And for CU vs kNU junkies, a place in the B1G West would rekindle that rivalry, which actually would be kind of cool.

I'd rather see an SEC West happen (I never think small), good foot print and some very good locals to visit which in my late life I would travel to. I have no interest in Tempe, have zero interest in So Cal and even less in Corvallis, I would however travel to Baton Rouge, College Station, Oxford & Tuscaloosa. CU would shoot to the top of the academia rivaled only by Vanderbilt, I'm sure there are those that would like flexing that muscle.
But we know that isn't going to happen.
No CU probably has it's best fit with the PAC and it's hey we're smart but we only like to go to FB games if it fits our busy schedule but I did/will get a great piece paper and we can kick everyone's axx in water polo.
That would completely suck.

Back