What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If we go 0-12 but don't fire the coaching staff

I'm renouncing Buffs football. I won't follow it. I won't talk about it. It will be dead to me.CU Basketball and Olympic Sports are all I'll have any interest in discussing.(Frankly, 1-11 or 2-10 with retention could do that too.)
Enjoy Tad while you can. He won't be around long.

What is the answer, DBT?

You're basically telling people they should stay in an abusive relationship after our spouse has refused to get counseling and has refused to alter behavior in any way. There may be some great memories of better days and some love left, but you still need to get out and move on with life.

*I realize the above is overly dramatic and I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm belittling spousal abuse. It was to illustrate the concept, not draw a parallel.
Fine. If it were your kid who was failing, would you just walk away? Probably not good to get into the "analogy" arguments. I don't see the football relationship as analogous to "abuse." I see it as a loved one who is struggling.

Agree with Nik and others. I have had season tickets since 85 as a student and even kept them while living out of state. If we do not make a change and we go 0-12, I will cut ties as a football donor. It will be basketball season tixs only. I. Will be able to buy tickets game day for $10 and not need to drop the big cash. I know my donations are not Phil Knight levels but I am sure it is not tiny either. I never thought it could come to this, but it will be over. That will break my heart and I will be sad ut it will be done. We shall see, I hope they win them all from here on out and make it irrelevant. I would not bet on it but I am wishing for it.

Agree with Nik and others. I have had season tickets since 85 as a student and even kept them while living out of state. If we do not make a change and we go 0-12, I will cut ties as a football donor. It will be basketball season tixs only. I. Will be able to buy tickets game day for $10 and not need to drop the big cash. I know my donations are not Phil Knight levels but I am sure it is not tiny either. I never thought it could come to this, but it will be over. That will break my heart and I will be sad ut it will be done. We shall see, I hope they win them all from here on out and make it irrelevant. I would not bet on it but I am wishing for it.
Hmm, Brad. I'm not thinking the "win them all from here on out" is going to work out. Oh man. This just sucks, doesn't it.

You won't go 0-12. Shut your pie holes, have a drink/smoke a bowl and go to bed. You won't go 0-12.

That is all.

Dude, UCLA is going to put 80 on us.

View attachment 10434

I'd give my left nut to have Embree in that color again

F*ck UCLA and their cheap ass walmart mascot and band songs. They haven't played away yet and at altitude. This recent team has never played in Folsom either. They're ****y but haven't been tested (Nebraska sucks) and CU has nothing to lose. I would add that players on your team who hail from So. Cal will get fired up for this game and so will the coaches. You're not expected to win. In fact, all odds say CU loses in embarrassing and record breaking fashion. Therefore, along with Utah (and/or one other sucker at home), I say stop worrying... :nod:

F*ck UCLA and their cheap ass walmart mascot and band songs. They haven't played away yet and at altitude. This recent team has never played in Folsom either. They're ****y but haven't been tested (Nebraska sucks) and CU has nothing to lose. I would add that players on your team who hail from So. Cal will get fired up for this game and so will the coaches. You're not expected to win. In fact, all odds say CU loses in embarrassing and record breaking fashion. Therefore, along with Utah (and/or one other sucker at home), I say stop worrying... :nod:

The problem is winning a game or two is even worse. Then we're stuck with this staff for at least another year. It's best to just get the misery done with and start fresh ASAP. Prolonging the Embree era is *nearly* (believe it or not, there are still a couple pro-Embree holdouts who are convinced that letting Fresno put over 350 yards on us in the 1st QUARTER and leading 55-7 is acceptable because of "youth") everyone's worst nightmare.

The problem is winning a game or two is even worse. Then we're stuck with this staff for at least another year. It's best to just get the misery done with and start fresh ASAP. Prolonging the Embree era is *nearly* (believe it or not, there are still a couple pro-Embree holdouts who are convinced that letting Fresno put over 350 yards on us in the 1st QUARTER and leading 55-7 is acceptable because of "youth") everyone's worst nightmare.

May I suggest that your coach either remains or leaves despite you projected 0-12 season or even a 4-8 season? This has already been decided. It's in the cards somewhere. It may not be in your shuffle but it's in the cards somewhere. Let fate play itself out and may fate be always tempted by the fans and the team. Good luck!

May I suggest that your coach either remains or leaves despite you projected 0-12 season or even a 4-8 season? This has already been decided. It's in the cards somewhere. It may not be in your shuffle but it's in the cards somewhere. Let fate play itself out and may fate be always tempted by the fans and the team. Good luck!

There's some anger coming out on the basketball court this season. Tell Monty and the boys they've been warned.

Fine. If it were your kid who was failing, would you just walk away? Probably not good to get into the "analogy" arguments. I don't see the football relationship as analogous to "abuse." I see it as a loved one who is struggling.

atemptingtogivea****.gif

damn you swear filter! this one is awesome and totally worth it.

You won't go 0-12. Shut your pie holes, have a drink/smoke a bowl and go to bed. You won't go 0-12.

That is all.

You obviously haven't watched our team. They are terrible against terrible competition and getting a LOT worse.

If it takes going 0-12 to get rid of this staff, I will be tempted to root for it. Our admin is so incompetent it just may take that.

If this staff is back next year, I won't be. I love supporting the team, but implied in there is that I support the team. I don't support a program that doesn't try to improve and neither should you DBT. We deserve better.

What did life promise you people? A walk in the park? Did life tell you everything will come up roses? I'm just not quitting. Sorry. Yeah, CU may never get back to anything before I die. But, at least, I will have stayed the course. I still love all the kids and will love watching them go beyond football to become men who make a difference. That's what it is about, for me.
Yes, it did, I had a groupon.....

Pat Forde's take on the buffs.

Colorado (31). Eleven years ago, the Buffaloes won 10 games, the Big 12 title and played in the Fiesta Bowl. Today, they look like a mortal lock to go 0-12 and perhaps fire coach Jon Embree after just two seasons. The nadir was thought to arrive in week two, when Colorado lost to FCS Sacramento State, but then it got worse. Saturday the Buffs were humiliated 69-14 by Fresno State – falling behind 35-0 in the first quarter and 55-7 at halftime. Embree was myopically hired because of his connections to the Bill McCartney glory days as a player, ignoring the fact that he'd never been so much as a coordinator before, much less a head coach. Obviously in over his head and working with scant talent, this has become the biggest disaster anywhere among the big-six conferences.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...-kickers-mysteriously-missing-their-mark.html

I'm kinda with Nik on this. No more season tix, maybe no more road trips, etc etc.

If this staff is back next year, I won't be. I love supporting the team, but implied in there is that I support the team. I don't support a program that doesn't try to improve and neither should you DBT. We deserve better.

+1. Probably a hollow threat, but I would try to follow through nonetheless.

My final straw was Hawkins last year, then it broke when the AD hired a TE coach as the new head coach for CU football. Don't get me wrong, I am a true BUFF fan, still wear the B&G, and support the young players on the field. But I have not watched a CU game in over 2 yrs now. It does kill me to watch a once proud program become a joke. My frustration is WHY does this AD not care anymore?

Show some loyalty. This is what is wrong with America. Spouse isn't getting it done for you, leave. Job isn't all you hoped, leave and get that unemployment check. Team sucks? Leave.

I think Embree should have resigned after Fresno State and I genuinely like and respect (nearly) everyone on this board, but because we suck, you're no longer going to be a fan? Reminds me of the kids in elementary school in the early '90s with their Cowboys and Bulls Starter jackets.

Show some loyalty. This is what is wrong with America. Spouse isn't getting it done for you, leave. Job isn't all you hoped, leave and get that unemployment check. Team sucks? Leave.

I think Embree should have resigned after Fresno State and I genuinely like and respect (nearly) everyone on this board, but because we suck, you're no longer going to be a fan? Reminds me of the kids in elementary school in the early '90s with their Cowboys and Bulls Starter jackets.

Agreed-

I will continue supporting the team but will voice my displeasure.

There's no way in Hell they could keep this staff after they go 0-12. The very thought is utterly absurd. So, while I agree that if they did do that, I'd have to re-examine my support for the school, I can't imagine they would take that approach. Nobody keeps a coach who can't win a single football game in an entire season.

Back