What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Is it time to sit Sefo?

Nobody would argue that Jared Goff is a much better QB than Sefo. The guy is likely to be a first round pick in the draft and has had a lot of success at the college level.

He sure managed to look a lot like Sefo last night against UCLA though. Coincidentally he was, like Sefo, dealing with pass rushers who were on top of him on a regular basis. His OL couldn't protect him and suddenly he is less than great. Interesting concept, it's a team game, not just a QB in a video game who controls everything.

Nobody would argue that Jared Goff is a much better QB than Sefo. The guy is likely to be a first round pick in the draft and has had a lot of success at the college level.

He sure managed to look a lot like Sefo last night against UCLA though. Coincidentally he was, like Sefo, dealing with pass rushers who were on top of him on a regular basis. His OL couldn't protect him and suddenly he is less than great. Interesting concept, it's a team game, not just a QB in a video game who controls everything.

You are not generating enthusiasm for the CU-UCLA game, you know.

So should all of the players be benched?

Look, I recognize the significance of the QB in college football, but on a team of 22 starting players, your argument doesn't hold water.

I know. I don't give a dam what this guy thinks. He should go back to the well for another leaky argument. However, he might have a lot of work to do; he'll definitely be drinking from a firehose.

cWd8zdp.jpg

Reactions: SBG
When Stanford goes up by 28 it's time to get some reps to someone else. We aren't coming back from this. Not even close.

This team is going nowhere with Sefo at QB. His propensity to kill momentum with a pick or pick six at crucial times is like a knife in the eyeball.

He's not why we lost this game. But he wasn't a positive today

Agreed on both counts. But I think it's time to start someone else ... this season is shot. Let's start planning for next year, and send a clear signal to all that the QB job is totally open. And if SL doesn't like it, let him transfer. We're going nowhere with him.

He's not why we lost this game. But he wasn't a positive today
True.

I did not expect a win, nor did I really think it was possible absent a miracle.

CU got dominated on the LOS. I guess the thing that is most frustrating is watching CU piss in their own mess kit. Usually it is Sefo doing it with a pick or horrifically off target pass at a crucial time. It wasn't a game changer, Stanford was going to cruise, but that pick at the end of the half was classic Sefo. It was another momentum and point swing in favor of the other team. The 1st and goal from the five with two Sefo incompletes, neither even close to their target, are the kind of mistakes a marginal team will never overcome.

Did you think he looked any better?
He could actually step up in the pocket. He needs time to develop but I think he looks as good as Sefo did at that point in his career. Just my observations after seeing him throw like 8 passes in garbage time of 2 different games.

Probably the first time this year I personally thought sefo looked bad.

Ya he has had some poor performances for sure, but today he looked defeated and overmatched.

Ya he has had some poor performances for sure, but today he looked defeated and overmatched.
That last sentence describes the entire team after the first quarter

Both Sefo and Lindgren look better on the scripted plays. When Sefo has his rhythm, he's not bad. I don't know who's screwing up the other more, probably a bit of both.

While not everything is Sefo's fault, [insert Sefo is a warrior here] he is a habitual loser. He doesn't know how to win. Time to give others starting experience at ths point.

Did you think he looked any better?

His throws certainly get to their targets a whole lot faster. Bobo actually had time to turn around and attempt (albeit failed) to juke past the defender, unlike a Sefo ball that barely gets there before the defender ruins the WR at 100 MPH.

His throws certainly get to their targets a whole lot faster. Bobo actually had time to turn around and attempt (albeit failed) to juke past the defender, unlike a Sefo ball that barely gets there before the defender ruins the WR at 100 MPH.

He's got a quicker release, and that's the type of difference it makes. Sefo's wind-up varies throw to throw, sometimes quick enough, sometimes might as well be Nolan Ryan.

yep. It is time. Not counting Montez, get em all out there and start building for the future. Sefo, thanks for what you have done so far. You still have a shot to earn the starting position, but you shown us what you can do so far. Time to start letting these other guys get some live bullet reps. Give them the opportunity to prove what they can/can not do. Sefo is a tough kid, will not take that from him, but there might be a winner sitting on the bench = as tough.

Back