What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

Me saying this is a petty move is equivalent to me saying the sky is falling? Where is the logic in that?

well don't you think there are more pressing concerns in the world, hmmmm? do you frequently pass judgment on incidents that you have zero inside information on?

what would you term that? presumptuous? arrogant?

Cheap. How the hell does someone get that info without doing a lot of research. That is just cheap, fuskermania.

Don't start with the personal insults. I'm absolutely sure you're mature enough to refrain from them.

And fuskermania? Okay, I get it. If I don't follow the party-line and swear that Hawk is Jesus, I must be a fusker fan. What a brilliant concept.

Hey, if a fan says it's a fairly common practice, then I'd imagine she would be able to provide a few examples.

Either way, it's no need to start with the personal attacks.

well don't you think there are more pressing concerns in the world, hmmmm?

This is a message board for discussion. If you don't like the discussion, I'd suggest you simply don't read it. Of course there are more important things in the world than college football, or Smith not getting a release, but that doesn't stop many of us, including yourself, from posting about it.

Obviously, our stances on this issue differ, but still, that's no reason for anyone to start insulting others.

I'm simply asking if you can provide some examples of college football players not being granted a release.

yes i can, thank you. and being as a thread was referenced one page ago which spells out a few examples (all of which shared the same outcome as this one - in that a contract was upheld) i will allow you to find and enjoy that thread to its fullest.

This is a message board for discussion. If you don't like the discussion, I'd suggest you simply don't read it. Of course there are more important things in the world than college football, or Smith not getting a release, but that doesn't stop many of us, including yourself, from posting about it.

Obviously, our stances on this issue differ, but still, that's no reason for anyone to start insulting others.

trust me, insults have NOT been thrown. now, did you wish to discuss something? or are you just here to lay out how you feel everyone should address you, and view the situation regarding Josh? :lol:

Don't start with the personal insults. I'm absolutely sure you're mature enough to refrain from them.

And fuskermania? Okay, I get it. If I don't follow the party-line and swear that Hawk is Jesus, I must be a fusker fan. What a brilliant concept.

Hey, if a fan says it's a fairly common practice, then I'd imagine she would be able to provide a few examples.

Either way, it's no need to start with the personal attacks.
OK, kiddo, I'll assume you are a Buff fan despite your attacks. Answer my thread above regarding good old JFly.

OK, kiddo, I'll assume you are a Buff fan despite your attacks. Answer my thread above regarding good old JFly.

First of all, I am 35 years old, so please do not refer to me as "kiddo". Secondly, who have I attacked?

trust me, insults have NOT been thrown. now, did you wish to discuss something? or are you just here to lay out how you feel everyone should address you, and view the situation regarding Josh? :lol:

Like I said, we have differing opinions. I think CU has nothing to gain from not granting Smith a release to anywhere but one school that does not need him (and will not give him a scholarship). Smith, obviously, does not want to be at Colorado, and there's no need, in my opinion, to refuse to grant him a release.

You can disagree with that, and that is all fine and dandy. I hope the media doesn't pick this story up and run with it, because it'd likely only be in a negative manner towards Colorado, and that's not something the program needs right now.

ForestFireLikeWhereThisThreadIsGoin.jpg

I won't apologize for being a young 35 years old. And I also won't chastize you for being an old fart. :smile2:
:lol: Now that's better. Sorry for calling you a "fusker." But, answer my post above. JFly hung this program out to dry. He went through spring without saying diddly. I have it from a good source that the team is pretty down on JFly. Hey, if you are going to split, do it with class. If you don't, then your employer has every right to play hardball.

Like I said, we have differing opinions. I think CU has nothing to gain from not granting Smith a release to anywhere but one school that does not need him (and will not give him a scholarship). Smith, obviously, does not want to be at Colorado, and there's no need, in my opinion, to refuse to grant him a release.

You can disagree with that, and that is all fine and dandy. I hope the media doesn't pick this story up and run with it, because it'd likely only be in a negative manner towards Colorado, and that's not something the program needs right now.

in my opinion, had josh had this discussion several months ago, and not burned a scholarship for us byway of his timing, the end result would be different. colorado has rarely took a hard line like this.

being as you have failed to wow us with insider information of any merit, i am quite comfortable with you having your opinion, and i mine. i don't think that anyone is running with this - if it hasn't happened by now, it probably isn't going to happen. so color me unconcerned.

I wasn't going to post this, but you know, you gotta take chances when you feel your artistic calling kicking in. Big time. Man, I'm just feeling it.
If I leave allbuffs because I think I'll be more appreciated on another board, maybe another state, I'm sure you'll understand.

If you are set on taking the stance that the sky is falling, go right on ahead.

I'm inspired to rap this one out.
(Where is keyboard cat when you need him?)
No, wait: where is Forrest West when you need him to produce something?

A hard line is drawn, now we discover
the sky is falling, we won't recover.
This big mess will destroy our rep
but hold on, it ain't over yet --
Josh has flown, he's a goner
though, Hawkins is a man of honor
we can't stop the sky from falling
Don't know why Josh wants to wander
Can you protect him from his own mistakes
Or let him find out if he has what it takes
in another place, another place.
Where the sky is falling.
Maybe Josh Smith should be let go
Even if he wants
Oh - High - Oh ...
Some say his bargain he should uphold.
Makin' music near home, so we've been told.
The sky is falling.
California's calling.
Is Hawkins vindictive, his feelings are hurt?
Nobody knows what Josh is worth.
Bohn says CU has invested
All that talent soon to be wasted
Hawkins is family, doing what's right,
Or held Josh back, holding too tight.
even though the sky is falling.
Should you make someone honor their word
or let them go, it's so absurd
There's more to the story, so I heard
And I heard,
the
sky
is
falling.
Somebody's not telling the truth, the whole truth, nothing but
the sky is falling, you know what?
This whole little story is between three guys,
the sky is falling before your eyes,
J-fly, Hawk and Mr. Bohn,
don't know why they can't get along,
All Josh wants is to produce some songs
can't do it here, he wants gone
but he's falling, falling falling.
That sky is just falling down.
How we gonna survive this sordid story
get CU back to all its glory
You know there's more, but more to tell
That sky's so big falling all around.
Will this end well?

Will

it

end

well?

I wasn't going to post this, but you know, you gotta take chances when you feel your artistic calling kicking in. Big time. Man, I'm just feeling it.
If I leave allbuffs because I think I'll be more appreciated on another board, maybe another state, I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm inspired to rap this one out.
(Where is keyboard cat when you need him?)
No, wait: where is Forrest West when you need him to produce something?

A hard line is drawn, now we discover
the sky is falling, we won't recover.
This big mess will destroy our rep
but hold on, it ain't over yet --
Josh has flown, he's a goner
though, Hawkins is a man of honor
we can't stop the sky from falling
Don't know why Josh wants to wander
Can you protect him from his own mistakes
Or let him find out if he has what it takes
in another place, another place.
Where the sky is falling.
Maybe Josh Smith should be let go
Even if he wants Oh - High - Oh ...
Some say his bargain he should uphold.
Makin' music near home, so we've been told.
The sky is falling.
California's calling.
Is Hawkins vindictive, his feelings are hurt?
Nobody knows what Josh is worth.
Bohn says CU has invested
All that talent soon to be wasted
Hawkins is family, doing what's right,
Or held Josh back, holding too tight.
even though the sky is falling.
Should you make someone honor their word
or let them go, it's so absurd
There's more to the story, so I heard
And I heard,
the
sky
is
falling.
Somebody's not telling the truth, the whole truth, nothing but
the sky is falling, you know what?
This whole little story is between three guys,
the sky is falling before your eyes,
J-fly, Hawk and Mr. Bohn,
don't know why they can't get along,
All Josh wants is to produce some songs
can't do it here, he wants gone
but he's falling, falling falling.
That sky is just falling down.
How we gonna survive this sordid story
get CU back to all its glory
You know there's more, but more to tell
That sky's so big falling all around.
Will this end well?

Will

it

end

well?
Nice. But what's this "sky is falling" ****. I could give a **** if he leaves. Ain't going to hurt us one bit.

Nice. But what's this "sky is falling" ****. I could give a **** if he leaves. Ain't going to hurt us one bit.

i agree that we have no reason to be alarmed that we are going to be looked on as the "evil empire" by anyone other than those that already hold that unwaveable opinion.

Dood. Artistic License. I was inspired by the phrase. The drama of this awesome tragedy, that will change the face of CU football forever.

But for me:
If Josh stays, I'll be fine,
He leaves, I'll be fine.

Each scenario has its own set of problems, and somebody, not me, will deal with them when they happen.

We will have something else to worry about, or celebrate, next week.

:lol: Now that's better. Sorry for calling you a "fusker." But, answer my post above. JFly hung this program out to dry.

Yes, but that's what many transfers do. I'm sure there are UM fans who think the same about Clemons (of course, Clemons notified UM before Smith did, but Clemons knew what he wanted before Smith did, I'd imagine).

Let's not forget that between all of this, Smith lost his OC. Did that play a role in anything? Perhaps.

I'm not a fan of players transfering, but I just simply don't see the need in restricting their release to the point Hawkins has. It doesn't benefit the program in any way, and the only thing it's going to do is bring negative publicity to the university.

Yes, but that's what many transfers do. I'm sure there are UM fans who think the same about Clemons (of course, Clemons notified UM before Smith did, but Clemons knew what he wanted before Smith did, I'd imagine).

Let's not forget that between all of this, Smith lost his OC. Did that play a role in anything? Perhaps.

I'm not a fan of players transfering, but I just simply don't see the need in restricting their release to the point Hawkins has. It doesn't benefit the program in any way, and the only thing it's going to do is bring negative publicity to the university.

respectfully disagree. it is common knowledge that smith HAS ALWAYS wanted to produce. it is not like this is an epiphany for him, so i do not buy "but clemons knew what he wanted before Smith did".

if this is as much of a driving passion that has ALWAYS BEEN, then he needed to look at that before first coming to CU, and again before signing his name to a contract subsequently.

a transfer in the spring is less of an ouch to the program, as it frees up a schollie. he made his bed. he will have to lie in it.

If it's true that Smith had always wanted to produce, then that makes me believe that losing his OC also had a lot to do with his decision.

respectfully disagree. it is common knowledge that smith HAS ALWAYS wanted to produce. it is not like this is an epiphany for him, so i do not buy "but clemons knew what he wanted before Smith did".

if this is as much of a driving passion that has ALWAYS BEEN, then he needed to look at that before first coming to CU, and again before signing his name to a contract subsequently.

a transfer in the spring is less of an ouch to the program, as it frees up a schollie. he made his bed. he will have to lie in it.

Anyone saying smith's departure won't hurt must not have watched any games because we have no deep threats at wr and no proven return guy. Is his leaving going to ruin the 2009 season, NO, but the same line of " no big deal, he wasn't that good anyway" is amusing to say the least.

Anyone saying smith's departure won't hurt must not have watched any games because we have no deep threats at wr and no proven return guy. Is his leaving going to ruin the 2009 season, NO, but the same line of " no big deal, he wasn't that good anyway" is amusing to say the least.

I'd have to say he was definitely our biggest weapon. Losing him definitely hurts.

Clemons left because he knew he had no place in the program. Rich Rodriguez didn't like him, I guess. So, yeah, get the hell out. I think CU had a lot of plans for JFly. I also assume they were trying to light a fire under his ass to work harder. He didn't want to. They were pissed at his lack of work ethic and probably sent him the message that they were pissed. So he said, "You know what, **** you."

Also, he had a liason with his buddy at ASU. His buddy talked to Erikson. Erikson said, "I can't get involved, wink, wink." The ASU qb contacted his buddy JFly and said, "Hey, if you leave CU, you can come here." CU caught wind of what was going on and told JFly, "Sure, you can leave, but only to USC," who was one of the only schools that met JFly's lame excuse. Also, don't fortet ASU's mugging of CU a couple of years ago. Even more incentive to screw ASU.

First of all, I am 35 years old, so please do not refer to me as "kiddo". Secondly, who have I attacked?

No point fussing. DBT is long enough in the tooth call most of us "kiddo." It just means you don't wear Depends.:smile2:

The mystery is why the program elected to treat Josh's release in a different way than the releases of Ballenger or Maiva.

What would explain CU taking a harder stance on Josh than the others?
- Timing? If you go, do it at the end of the season, or no later than spring practice? But is that enough to justify a one-school release?

- To teach a lesson? Does that lesson include Honesty and Humility?

- To send a message? Is this target audience the team, recruits, other coaches, the broader NCAA community, or just Josh?
- Is there tampering? If there was tampering, would that justify a punitive release? If there was tampering, what was Josh's role?
- Is this really about a music production degree?

Josh's case is strange because he is not in the papers for legal problems, academic elegibility, or family crisis. By and large, he has not been a trouble maker who has run down the school or the coaching staff.

Now that the appeal to seek scholarships at more schools than USC has been denied, it's in Josh's best interest to come across as an upstanding, responsible person. We've now heard from CU; All-in or all-out. Kids today...grass is greener...not like it was when [Hawk] played.

The ball is now in Josh's hands. It will be telling if Josh chooses to trash the program, be contrite and admit a mistake, or just keep a lid on it and move on.

I'm reserving judgement until Josh chooses to go public and give his side of the story.

Dont' get me wrong. He is damned good. But, at the same time, you cannot just give kids free passes to split on there own whim. The school invests a lot in these kids. Plus, they, the kids, can make really rash decisions that they will regret a year or two later. A coach has to protect them and all the other kids from making dumbass decisons. Ask my now 25 year old if he regrets the tats he got the day after he turned 18. :lol:

I am probably in the minority here, but I don't think it will be all that difficult to find a receiver who averages 2.5 catches per game and a touchdown every 4 games..

John Smith will be missed as a return man.

I am probably in the minority here, but I don't think it will be all that difficult to find a receiver who averages 2.5 catches per game and a touchdown every 4 games..

John Smith will be missed as a return man.

At some point though, it becomes a question of numbers at WRs. We really do not have many experienced guys there at all.

Back