What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jon Embree fired as CU Football HC

Wow, I really didn't think this administration had it in them. Despite his massive failure, I really thought he was gonna be kept. phew. Now lets hire a real coach and not Dave Logan

I feel bad for Jon seeing as he was a great Buff, hopefully he can land another assistant job soon. At the same time I'm happy for the state of the program because this needed to be done and the sooner the better.

Did Embree try to play chicken with Mike Bohn??

Lots of reports out there that Embree refused to part ways with some of his assistant coaches, and that was one of the reasons for his termination.

Also reported by Reed Marks on twitter that Embree only wanted to let go of two (2) of his coaches, and had promised Hagan a position on the staff.

Would reserve judgement until i see the changes. Don't have much confidence in Mike Bohn. Wish Embo the best, always a fan.

I can see why they'd have him on the list:
He's generally a winner
We say CU is a tough environment for a coach, how about a military academy especially when it comes to recruiting
Great reputation in state
at a
Problem is he has no BCS experience

I am perfectly OK with him being on the list of people they should be talking to about the job but he would probably come in at #10 on my list.

Why WOULDN'T we want a coach that has close to a .500 win percentage in a mid major conference? I can't think of a single reason

WOW -- Embree only wanted to let 2 coaches go from his staff, and apparently promised one of the vacant positions to Hagan.
Don't know who your source is for this or if it is true, but does not surprise me. Embree appears to have had a difficult time making tough decisions, whether it was who would be quarterback or jettisoning coaches who were failing (Brown, Cabral, and Marshall). Nice guys finish last.

Military academies have an advantage no one talks abouot. EVERYONE is on scholarship. So, you give schollys to 40 kids a year with the "suggestion" they try FB. You cut the fat and keep the meat...it isn't that hard to figure out.
The main advantage at academies - the kids actually do what you say, the first time you ask them. The more talented players you get, the less they listen. Calhoun may be in for a huge wakeup call in a BCS conference. He may also be very successful, I'm just not sure. Bohn has always coveted Calhoun.

Tough to see a good buff fail at his dream job.
Glad that CU had the guts to do what was necessary.

After the last decade of CU football, I wonder what decent coach would seriously consider coming here. (Unless of course this Administration is ready to pay big boy bucks, which I rather doubt.)

I understand the ultimatim / showdown over the two staff positions, but this is not a good day for CU football, regardless of your opinion of Embree. There is no longer any possibility of obscuring the fact that our leadership is inept.

After the last decade of CU football, I wonder what decent coach would seriously consider coming here. (Unless of course this Administration is ready to pay big boy bucks, which I rather doubt.)

I understand the ultimatim / showdown over the two staff positions, but this is not a good day for CU football, regardless of your opinion of Embree. There is no longer any possibility of obscuring the fact that our leadership is inept.

disagree. The administration made the absolutely correct decision. We will see about their next move.

as has been stated and i will state again, jon embree is a great buff. no pleasure taken in his time not working out here.

i wish him all the best in the future and he is and forever will be a great buff!

i wish jon nothing but the best.

It feels like I just hit myself in the gut. That said, you guys need to know that the former players by and large understood what had to be done here and let the Administration know that we would be supportive. I love Embo and the rest of my Buff brothers. That said, my loyalty will forever be with my buffaloes collectively. That includes you guys. We all have to be accountable.

It feels like I just hit myself in the gut. That said, you guys need to know that the former players by and large understood what had to be done here and let the Administration know that we would be supportive. I love Embo and the rest of my Buff brothers. That said, my loyalty will forever be with my buffaloes collectively. That includes you guys. We all have to be accountable.

I was going to ask you your opinion in chat.

Glad to hear your perspective, Wyo

disagree. The administration made the absolutely correct decision. We will see about their next move.

I don't think Embree should've been hired in the first place, but now we're just adding to our legacy of failure. It's all under the watchful eye of Mike Bohn. Unless somebody else is hiring the next coach, things are not getting better here anytime soon.

I wish it weren't so, but it is.

We will agree to disagree.

In my opinion, inept leadership would have been to allow Embree to return, with Embree's requirements re: coaching changes.

Back