What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I don't know how to feel about this... I think Chev capitalized on the situation, campaigned for the job hard and probably isn't up to being a HC... This is tough.

On the flip side, why rush it? You're not competing with anyone directly as you're the only P5 team hiring, you don't have another game for 7 months plus while recruiting never sleeps, there's enough time until the next signing day. If there is a time where you can take some more time than you otherwise would to hire a HC, mid-February is it.

JMHO "interim anything" sucks generally, for the interim coach and for the players. Uncertainty is the enemy of keeping the players unified/focused. In sports and in real life. Donors, too.

Well, I can't think of any reason to hire him as the HC other than he is a CU guy. So in for one, in for all.

2x top 25 recruiter nationally. Current roster, almost to a man, has been advocating for him. Least amount of disruption to the current program/culture. Familiarity with CU's recruiting footprint.

I understand the hesitation. He hasn't done ANYTHING at the college level that identifies him as the next up and coming guy at this point. But sometimes a guy just has "it" and you make the rest work. You have obviously had guys like Dabo, Fleck, Orgeron, etc. that have made it work, so it can.

I've been thinking about Chev as HC some more. I'm starting to come around to the idea. He can pull in an amazing assistant coaching staff.

OC/QB: Mike Moschetti
WR/RC: Chev will keep these titles too!
OL: Brad Bedell
RB: Hagan
TE: Russell is surely ready to be a player/coach (No Embree joke here, this is for real!)

DC/ILB: Cabral
Interior DL: Ty Gregorak (he is selling medical supplies in MT. Available!)
Edge: Kanavis McGee (again)
CB: DD Goodson (already on staff as S&C assistant, easy promo)
S: Hale Irwin
The sarcasm is strong with you today.

I can't decide which type of poster is dumber: the one who thinks you're serious, and tells you it's a terrible idea, or the one who thinks you're serious, and tells you it's a great idea.

No, I can decide - the latter poster definitely wins the dumbass of the day title.

I've been thinking about Chev as HC some more. I'm starting to come around to the idea. He can pull in an amazing assistant coaching staff.

TE: Russell is surely ready to be a player/coach (No Embree joke here, this is for real!)

You have to find a spot for Mel Holliday, he has kids to support...

Chev retweeting does not seem to be the right way. But Allbuff guys, We are all old ****ers and after the current events of last night and this morning. WTF do we know. His tweets are keeping the kids together.

Unless EB comes in it Chevs job for a year... keeping him for 1 year at least will keep the class and roster together and can do a full search next year if it all goes horribly wrong.

CU football has been a dumpster fire for 15 years another year of smoldering embers wont make much difference

Chev being the interim coach is the best option. Let the kids be lead by someone they know. Mel Fer left us in a very tough spot but it is what it is.

Unless EB comes in it Chevs job for a year... keeping him for 1 year at least will keep the class and roster together and can do a full search next year if it all goes horribly wrong.

CU football has been a dumpster fire for 15 years another year of smoldering embers wont make much difference

"We cannot get anyone good right now, but that will definitely change with a worse record/roster/lost recruiting class to sell after next season."

The sarcasm is strong with you today.

I can't decide which type of poster is dumber: the one who thinks you're serious, and tells you it's a terrible idea, or the one who thinks you're serious, and tells you it's a great idea.

No, I can decide - the latter poster definitely wins the dumbass of the day title.
I haven't decided on the hypothetical staff until I know who the Special Teams Coordinator is.

It's 2010 all over again !

Back