What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I’d bet my first born child that Mora was one of the people who called Fowler.

No. Mora isnt coaching. He can say publicly he wants the job without any repercussions. One of these guys is Tony Elliott from Clemson I think. CF has done a lot of their games.

Why would Tony Elliott be interested in this position enough to call Chris Fowler?

Elliott is a guess. When I saw that, I thought of coaches Fowler would know well. My main point with this post is he's not referring to a guy like Mora. These are people who work in the profession currently.

Elliott is a guess. When I saw that, I thought of coaches Fowler would know well. My main point with this post is he's not referring to a guy like Mora. These are people who work in the profession currently.
Did you watch the video? He said he’s gotten calls from guys “who have been head coaches at high level programs and won games. They may not be head coaches now but want to get back in.“

Who does that sound like to you?

Yeah based on his video I honestly don’t know why you’d think Mora wasn’t one of them

Why would Tony Elliott be interested in this position enough to call Chris Fowler?

Did you watch the video? He said he’s gotten calls from guys “who have been head coaches at high level programs and won games. They may not be head coaches now but want to get back in.“

Who does that sound like to you?

Did you read what I just posted? Jim Mora doesnt need to use him as a backchannel.

Did you read what I just posted? Jim Mora doesnt need to use him as a backchannel.
Why not? He’s calling a high profile alum in the industry so he can make his interest known without having to make direct contact. Fowler said he’s gotten calls from guys who have been head coaches at high level programs and you think it’s more likely Tony Elliot than Mora? M’kay.

Why not? He’s calling a high profile alum in the industry so he can make his interest known without having to make direct contact. Fowler said he’s gotten calls from guys who have been head coaches at high level programs and you think it’s more likely Tony Elliot than Mora? M’kay.

I think these are guys who have jobs in the profession right now. Mora could feasibly come out and tweet it.

Given Mora knows Fowler and Fowler's words lean more towards a guy like Mora who isn't currently in the profession, there's literally no one that comes to mind quicker and especially so given the fact Mora has been desperate for the job two years in a row. Sure, Mora could tweet out his interest in the job and look like an idiot, or he could reach out to a respected CU alum and person in the media and ask for him to put in a good word.

Last edited:
I don’t have time to
Look over all the stuff right now, I’m a little burnt out on the CU drama, so this might have been posted already but found this Interesting.

A couple things jump out at me in Fowler’s video:

one, he calls put Tucker for not addressing the CU players. As I understand it, he tried but he wasn’t allowed into the building.
Two, he starts dialing “303”. He’s definitely making calls. 😜

Sark? Bielema?

Lol, so now you're saying he recruited everybody? What is it, fanboi, most, all, or 42% (the real number, the one his recruiter ranking is based on)?

Again, he was the primary recruiter on those 10. But he’s also the recruiting coordinator.

I only said most because I wasn’t sure about the transfers and didn’t want to look it up and also didn’t want to be attacked by the message board pedants desperate to prove they’re a “smartboi” if my assumption was wrong but that’s obviously unavoidable.

By the way, the only people who post on fan forums are “fanbois” and obnoxious trolls with no life. So that’s not actually an insult. I’d definitely prefer being the former to the latter...

two Espn affliated employees -- gene chizik and mark richt (some local ties) fit fowlers description...although, richt just had a heart attack not that long ago, so not sure he is ready to come back..

Sark? Bielema?

Could be either guy. I personally prefer Mora to Bielema because Mora has Pac 12 experience and Bielema doesn't. I'm warming to the idea of Jim Mora the more I think about him. He wants to coach here-so I'd have zero doubt about him coming here and lying his ass off for 14 months like Mel Tucker did. I also think he'd be hungrier here than he was in Westwood. He's also a bit of a splashy hire. I haven't seen anything outside of our musing about Sark that would connect him to this gig, but I'd love him here. Concerned about him relapsing, but not so much leaving for another gig. If he's willing to entertain and commit to Mississippi State, I'd be the same would be said for us.

As far as Kap or any other assistant going to East Lansing-I'm not chalking them up as gone until I see one of our beat people (Adam, Brian, Chase, Shap, etc) confirm it given how Mel left here. I'd be pretty shocked if a lot of people from here follow him to MSU-what's to say he's not going to jump at Auburn (for example) if that opens next year?

Back