What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I’m thinking Chev is here no matter what. He’s a great WR coach and great recruiter who can hold the class the together so there’s no real reason the new guy would force him out. And where is he going to go at this point? Is he really going to bail on CU that he loves so much to go to some other random program to be their WR coach this late in the process?

You know it really is surprising that AD’s do not have better written buyout agreements. The trend in executive employment agreements is to increase the protection of the company against raiding the talent.

so you dont change the buyouts of AC’s but keep only in the HC contract. You leave and take a job somewhere else. Every employeeyou take is an extra million.

did you see that Kentucky recruiter told Mel to go blow. Stayed at KeNticky. Turned down an extra 300k. So not all about money.

anybody know what Chev earns now? He’s gonna get more cash at least

You know it really is surprising that AD’s do not have better written buyout agreements. The trend in executive employment agreements is to increase the protection of the company against raiding the talent.

so you dont change the buyouts of AC’s but keep only in the HC contract. You leave and take a job somewhere else. Every employeeyou take is an extra million.

did you see that Kentucky recruiter told Mel to go blow. Stayed at KeNticky. Turned down an extra 300k. So not all about money.

USA Today, which uses numbers provided by the actual school, has him making $500,623 with a possible $96,153 in bonuses in 2019.

I’m thinking Chev is here no matter what. He’s a great WR coach and great recruiter who can hold the class the together so there’s no real reason the new guy would force him out. And where is he going to go at this point? Is he really going to bail on CU that he loves so much to go to some other random program to be their WR coach this late in the process?

You're discounting the possibility that the new HC might be a currently working HC who could bring in his entire staff and keep no one who's currently at CU. If I'm RG my preference in a hire WOULD be a current HC, regardless what the new guy would do with Chev.....

Where did you see that Marrow turned down more money? Everything I’ve seen said that he got a raise from Kentucky to compete with MSU’s offers...

Chev is not only hurting his (initially slim) chances to get the HC offer, he's not doing a whole lot to enhance his likelihood of being retained by the eventual new HC.

If a coach comes in and fires a top 25 recruiter that several players and new recruits have publicly stated they want to be the coach, that new coach would be a moron that immediately starts off on the wrong foot with the players.

Also, the people upset about him retweeting and liking tweets in which people advocate for him being the coach are people who don’t want him to be the coach.

If a coach comes in and fires a top 25 recruiter that several players and new recruits have publicly stated they want to be the coach, that new coach would be a moron that immediately starts off on the wrong foot with the players.

Also, the people upset about him retweeting and liking tweets in which people advocate for him being the coach are people who don’t want him to be the coach.
Pretty much everything in your post is wrong.

No, they are people to whom all that tweeting looks wimpy, insecure, and juvenile.

Where did you see that Marrow turned down more money? Everything I’ve seen said that he got a raise from Kentucky to compete with MSU’s offers...

He did get a raise but Midnight Mel made a second offer. Not sure if Kentucky bumped him again or if he just stuck with Kentucky. But either way it was a swing and a miss.

If the new coach comes in and has someone else in mind for his WR coach, then he needs the freedom to bring in his guy. This idea that we're gonna hire a guy, but then force numerous assistants upon him is all kinds of bad ideas.

Same holds true for Chev if he gets a promotion to leave, he needs to do what's best for him.

He did get a raise but Midnight Mel made a second offer. Not sure if Kentucky bumped him again or if he just stuck with Kentucky. But either way it was a swing and a miss.
It was a swing and a miss for MSU, but UK stepped up both times to keep him in Lexington. He did not turn down a raise. Mel got him a major raise and added job security.

UK got $46 million in SEC TV football money in addition to their huge coffers from BBN donations. They can hang financially to keep someone like Marrow.

Pretty much everything in your post is wrong.

Chev is the one who recruited most of these guys and has been responsible for communicating with them when the last coach bailed a week after signing day.

Bringing in a new coach that has no relationship with them and not maintaining any continuity from the previous staff would be both tone deaf to the situation and incredibly arrogant.

People aren’t video game characters they have feelings and relationships matter. You can’t take that for granted.

Chev staying under the new HC is mutually beneficial to both parties.
Maybe. But if you have a guy openly lobbying for a job he doesn’t get, that guy could create some problems for a new coach and create division in the locker room. I would hope Chev is professional enough to not let that happen but this week has given me some doubt.

Chev is the one who recruited most of these guys and has been responsible for communicating with them when the last coach bailed a week after signing day.

Bringing in a new coach that has no relationship with them and not maintaining any continuity from the previous staff would be both tone deaf to the situation and incredibly arrogant.

People aren’t video game characters they have feelings and relationships matter. You can’t take that for granted.
Happens all the time. Laughable Darrin

You can’t force staff members on a new head coach, especially when one of those staff members wanted, and didn’t get the head job. Imagine getting a job and being told you had to retain a staff member who applied for your job and didn’t get it.

The right coach should be able to reassure the team with or without Chev.

I was following rather closely. Tuck offered, Kentucky countered to bring it close. Then tucker upped the offer big.(essentially to double Marrows 2019 Salary). That appears to have been his number one target for AC It makes sense given his desire to compete in Detroit.

I’ll look for the source data.

It was a swing and a miss for MSU, but UK stepped up both times to keep him in Lexington. He did not turn down a raise. Mel got him a major raise and added job security.

UK got $46 million in SEC TV football money in addition to their huge coffers from BBN donations. They can hang financially to keep someone like Marrow.

Yes, SEC schools have more money than the PAC 12. But the PAC 12 pays the highest executive salaries and the most for for rent! Priorities.

Rick George also wanted to make a counter offer to Tucker but they didn’t even have the courtesy to listen to it.

I was following rather closely. Tuck offered, Kentucky countered to bring it close. Then tucker upped the offer big.(essentially to double Marrows 2019 Salary). That appears to have been his number one target for AC It makes sense given his desire to compete in Detroit.

I’ll look for the source data.
Me too. Stoops went in and was there with him the whole time to close it up.

You can’t force staff members on a new head coach, especially when one of those staff members wanted, and didn’t get the head job. Imagine getting a job and being told you had to retain a staff member who applied for your job and didn’t get it.

The right coach should be able to reassure the team with or without Chev.
Sink. That happens all the time! In fact every time! You always have to deal with internal applicants that applied for the job. It’s usually priority one to deal with those folks. Corporate America is nothing like these contracts

Yes, SEC schools have more money than the PAC 12. But the PAC 12 pays the highest executive salaries and the most for for rent! Priorities.

Rick George also wanted to make a counter offer to Tucker but they didn’t even have the courtesy to listen to it.
I know.

Back