What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Why are there so many likes for this post?

Biggest upside with the "realistic" candidates would be my guess. He's proven he can recruit, he's proven he can coach, he knows the West Coast inside out and he turned around a winless UW dumpster fire. His alcohol issues, or rather the fact they played out in public and affected his job performance, are a serious and obvious issue (as i think way, way, way more people in the coaching profession have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol than wed like to know), but i think id rather go for the big swing than settle for what in all likelihood wont be more than a double.

And we're living an ongoing, 20-year Fyre Fest.
And we are all this guy.

Andy-King-Fyre.jpg

One thing worth a mention: RG has handled this like a true professional. When asked about his former HC, he only had good things to say. I have to believe, or maybe hope, that his handling of this situation has elevated his stature within the college football community.

I’m a Sarkisian or bust guy right now and have been since the beginning. None of the other names I give a **** about and while he’s not a perfect candidate, he’s won and in the P12. He’s as close to a slam dunk as you can get in February when your **** head ex coach splits in the middle of the night. He will be good for a season or 2 until Saban coordinates his next interview for him.

Klis doesn't know much of anything that doesn't come directly from Matt Russel or John Elway. After being overlooked for an NFL gig this year (warranted or not) though, it wouldn't shock me if EBs camp was leaking interest and stoking the fires to set up for a run at an NFL head job next year.

I’m a Sarkisian or bust guy right now and have been since the beginning. None of the other names I give a **** about and while he’s not a perfect candidate, he’s won and in the P12. He’s as close to a slam dunk as you can get in February when your **** head ex coach splits in the middle of the night. He will be good for a season or 2 until Saban coordinates his next interview for him.

I'm right there with you

Klis doesn't know much of anything that doesn't come directly from Matt Russel or John Elway. After being overlooked for an NFL gig this year (warranted or not) though, it wouldn't shock me if EBs camp was leaking interest and stoking the fires to set up for a run at an NFL head job next year.
It also wouldn't surprise me if folks on the Broncos want to push any faint crack of instability and/or controversy at all surrounding the Chiefs.

It also wouldn't surprise me if folks on the Broncos want to push any faint crack of instability and/or controversy at all surrounding the Chiefs.

I could see that too, and being an NFL coach right now, he/other teams lose nothing through the leaks unlike college coaches in sitting jobs right now. No donors to piss off, no recruits at risk, and even if CU picks someone else, he can spin it that he chose to stay in the NFL to get his shot. It's in his best interest to leak like a sieve.

Back