What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

The only reason I could see it happening is because the buff fan base is sort of hurt and rallying around one another at the moment so maybe there is pressure from others and from himself to step up and end this moment in time. Also the pac 12 specifically was leading college football in minority head coaches so maybe he says **** you guys and get a good gig in boulder.
Listen to his recent podcast. He still has a lot of love for CU and really wants to be a HC.

I’ve heard both match and significant raise. And that’s what I said. One number I saw was $4 million. But @manhattanbuf is calculating current salary vs MSU’s offer. My point is that isn’t fair because, in the least, Tucker would’ve been making significantly more had he stayed.

Additionally, there is significant value in living in Colorado and being part of such a great University. I do hope the lying sonofabitch regrets his decision. After watching his pathetic presser, I think he might already regret it.

I’ve heard both match and significant raise. And that’s what I said. One number I saw was $4 million. But @manhattanbuf is calculating current salary vs MSU’s offer. My point is that isn’t fair because, in the least, Tucker would’ve been making significantly more had he stayed.
$4 million is not even close. It is $1.5 million short for six years. $9 MILLION!
What likely put MT over the top was the AC budget. The AC budget he’s going to get in East Lansing is playoff contender level money. There’s really no way in hell Colorado was going to give MT the non-match raise you described and a top 10 AC budget to boot.

Means nothing, but a buddy in Madison on Leonhard when asked:

Oh, well Leonhard had better not leave Wisconsin! I can see why folks wound want him. The guy is amazing. He’s 100% head coach material. Hypothetically speaking, if I had the option of picking him off, even if I could only afford to keep him for 3-5 years, I’d do it. He’s that good. As far as I know, the “kids” he directly coached think he walks on water because he’s just an all around good dude and coach

RG has to interview Chev and EB. If he didn’t he’d be criticized. But we’re going to hear a lot of speculation. I think Tucker had a lot of the attributes we’d like in a coach. He had charisma, is a great recruiter, and has a tough mentality.

$4 million is not even close. It is $1.5 million short for six years. $9 MILLION!
What likely put MT over the top was the AC budget. The AC budget he’s going to get in East Lansing is playoff contender level money. There’s really no way in hell Colorado was going to give MT the non-match raise you described and a top 10 AC budget to boot.
Can’t argue about the AC budget. But Mel was building something with donors. I have a feeling donors were going to step up to the plate for AC’s as well. I can’t prove that though.

Are the OC, DC and the OL coach gone for sure? Probably so or RG would've named 1 of them interim. I liked the OL coach. Give him a promotion and keep him and force him on the new HC that we hire. The guy did wonders.

Maybe we'll steal Kansas' 1st year HC.

Chiaverini was the associate head coach and the best recruiter on the staff, so him being the interim coach makes a lot of sense.

So I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Yeah, Chev's campaigning has set this up where he has to at least be OC or we are going to have a disaster. I know he wants the job, but his approach is going to create issues.

I think EB is the perfect solution. If he does this, he can delegate playcalling to Chev while still having his fingerprints all over the game plan like he does in Kansas City ATM. Wasn't he the one who found that trick play the Chiefs ran in the Super Bowl?

Can’t argue about the AC budget. But Mel was building something with donors. I have a feeling donors were going to step up to the plate for AC’s as well. I can’t prove that though.
I really loved MT as our coach. Him leaving hurts. But, the money was dumb. The AC budget is light years apart, as is the total contract dollars. He just didn’t want to fundraise to make the budget competitive. MSU brought the Brinks trucks with them and the readymade deal.

They had to give Chev the AHC title to keep him happy under Tucker since he wasn’t made OC. Going to be really interesting to see what he does if/when he is not made HC or at least OC.
Is he someone who be happy being a wr coach and recruiting coordinator his whole career to stay at CU ?

No. I imagine at some point he will likely demand to at least be OC or he’ll jump to a program that will give him that opportunity.
I agree, wonder how long he could hang on. He needs more coaching and experience. Could he get that from EB? Would love to see him OC under EB, just not sure he is ready.

Back