What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Right now EB is putting together the a group of assistants that he feels can implement what he wants to do at CU. He is hyper aware of any criticism from his last go around but is not shying away from critics. EB does not shy away from anything. Instead he is methodically game planning how to counter everything and turn every weakness into a strength. When he is announced he wants to blow away any doubters, immediately. He learned from the last go around and is going to do it all the right way. It won't be official until all the ink is signed. He will come into CU with a plan, and the power and resources to make it happen. He is negotiating this time with the power on his side and that is a good thing for those of us who to see the football program succeed.

Might be more the hope, but I think if EB had no interest whatsoever he'd have put out a statement saying he was withdrawing from consideration here.

Reading Bios and Wikipedia - I am on the Jim McElwain train at the moment (based on the names on our list) - Dude can coach and I believe would get us to winning the fastest. Maybe keep Chev on board under his offense tutelage...go get a DC (maybe keep Summers? *gag*)

We've hit the 24 hrs, so the "big" news:

1. From Chase: he heard that EB is "expected" to turn down the opportunity. Of course, that could change, but there it is.

2. Adam has heard that RG & LC are planning on concluding initial interviews on Thursday. From the beginning they've been aiming for a 10 day process.

I actually think it's fair to assume that as of this moment, no offers have been extended to anyone. Conversations are ongoing with expectations outlined (on both sides) - interest in some has grown and waned in others (again "interest" from both sides of the discussions), but, like last time, there won't be any real smoke around any candidate until there's an agreement in principal in place.

Me, every 5 minutes

QhzIaG9.gif

1. From Chase: he heard that EB is "expected" to turn down the opportunity. Of course, that could change, but there it is.

2. Adam has heard that RG & LC are planning on concluding initial interviews on Thursday. From the beginning they've been aiming for a 10 day process.

I actually think it's fair to assume that as of this moment, no offers have been extended to anyone. Conversations are ongoing with expectations outlined (on both sides) - interest in some has grown and waned in others (again "interest" from both sides of the discussions), but, like last time, there won't be any real smoke around any candidate until there's an agreement in principal in place.

#1 makes me very happy.

I do not know the Denver media people. I'll forget who they are until the next coaching hire.
I remember him doing CU sports podcasts some years ago with Allie Monroy and Ryan Koenigsburg on BSN. Was basically "Allie's Daycare" as the podcast could deteriorate into a series of puns by the two males, but they did have insight as they were all CU students and had connections as student to the athletes.

My updated wish list for coaches based on everything I've read and heard the last few days (not that anyone asked or cares)

1) Sarkisian
2) McElwain
3) Wilcox
4) Bieneimy
5) Chiaverini
McElwain over Wilcox eh? Interesting. Why just out of curiosity?

..that doesn't seem that bad? It was always likely EB would stay in the NFL and try to get a HC job next year

And that seems fine, interview a bunch of guys and see what we have at the end, then hone in on the ones they like the best (No Berts)

Why is everyone freaking out? I really think we'll be able to get someone decent, my bigger concern is the assistants they can get. Pretty sure we're gonna be picking scraps at this point. Some young off field type coaches might get their shots. More Tillmans/Michalowskis.

This is another point for me in favor of Sark because Alabama's analyst office probably has more interesting people hanging out in there than anywhere else.

Thanks. So EB is likely a no go. Well, I really had him no better than third on my list. (As if that mattered).

So Sark or Wilcox, maybe Anderson, beyond that, I cannot think of another name I have heard that does much for me.

Back