What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

At this point of the search I’m thinking that RG should just take the assistant coaches he has left and operate as an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Each AC can take turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week... All the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting in the off season by a simple majority in the case of purely practice matters, but by a two thirds majority in the case of game planning during the season.

This HC search process is no basis for a selecting leadership for a team. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the players, not from some farcical athletic department process.
You don't vote for head coach!

A stable coach who wins some games but lacks the ability to take it to the next level. Sure we’ll be ranked at times but I do t see pac twelve championship material from this hire if it’s true

We've averaged 4.3 wins a year since Barney left what you describe is a MASSIVE improvement.

Um, is this where I point out that Tad won a P12 tourney and currently has his team tied for first with 3 weeks left in the season? Starting to question if you can actually read.

Don’t bring that weak ass “Tad level hire” and then disparage the man. Put some damn respect on his name.
He’s a good coach. He is. He’s a stable coach who wins games. But he’s probably never going to get cu to the final four. Just being honest.

A stable coach who wins some games but lacks the ability take it to the next level. Sure we’ll be ranked at times but I do t see pac twelve championship material from this hire if it’s true
Hoops could make final 4 next year if everyone back.

Out of the names mentioned excluding Wilcox because that's not a real thing, I'll honestly be so disappointed with anyone except Sark. For me its Sark or Bust, Bust being Chev to HC for a year (keep recruits/players happy) then start the search again for 2021 season HC.

So do I . But these two candidates make me wonder if we’ll be seeing that in the near future.

They don't excite me much either, but I do think the focus needs to be first on getting back to winning football. After that, we can worry about Conf. championships and the like.

At this point of the search I’m thinking that RG should just take the assistant coaches he has left and operate as an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Each AC can take turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week... All the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting in the off season by a simple majority in the case of purely practice matters, but by a two thirds majority in the case of game planning during the season.

This HC search process is no basis for a selecting leadership for a team. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the players, not from some farcical athletic department process.
Oooo yea then we can also do equal playtime!!

Back