What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Unfortunately, media members in Colorado don't have the slightest clue how college football works in 2020 and it leads them to believe that traits like "good guy", "loyal", "integrity", "disciplined", "high football IQ", are what is needed to win.
Yeah and what’s more, they all say those things implying other guys can’t have those qualities. Just because Calhoun is a service academy saint doesn’t mean guys like Sark don’t have integrity, or high football IQ, or aren’t disciplined.

In case you needed another reason to hate the idea of a Calhoun hire, Woddy Paige likes it...

I take back everything I said last night about the potential Calhoun hire after reading this tweet other than waiting for Adam, Brian, or somebody else who covers CU or CFB to break it after reading that. The Denver media has an agenda on this subject-its why Troy Calhoun has been mentioned the last four times this job has been open. Woody Paige is a ****ing moron.

Last edited:
According to Adam Rittenberg of ESPN, Alabama OC Steve Sarkisian interviewed for the HC opening at Colorado.
Not even a full year ago, Sarkisian signed a three-year extension with the Tide. Now, Sarkisian might be leaving his OC post to join the HC ranks once again, and back in the PAC-12 oddly enough. There isn't any strong indication as to whether Sarkisian is the frontrunner to earn the job, but that he was listed in Rittenberg's report, alongside Brett Bielema and Troy Calhoun, is an encouraging sign for him.
SOURCE: Adam Rittenberg on Twitter
Feb 20, 2020, 11:43 AM ET

Yeah and what’s more, they all say those things implying other guys can’t have those qualities. Just because Calhoun is a service academy saint doesn’t mean guys like Sark don’t have integrity, or high football IQ, or aren’t disciplined.
I can hear it now from Vic (and every other media member): "CU fans should love this hire of Troy Calhoun. He's had AFA competitive and making bowl games almost every year, which is more than CU can say, and they even went up to Boulder and beat CU last year! He is a man of great integrity, he knows the state of Colorado and what it takes to win and will get the players at CU to play hard and disciplined"

There will be no mention of recruiting ability and if there is, it will be downplayed and excused away.

I can hear it now from Vic (and every other media member): "CU fans should love this hire of Troy Calhoun. He's had AFA competitive and making bowl games almost every year, which is more than CU can say, and they even went up to Boulder and beat CU last year! He is a man of great integrity, he knows the state of Colorado and what it takes to win and will get the players at CU to play hard and disciplined"

There will be no mention of recruiting ability and if there is, it will be downplayed and excused away.
He literally said that same thing on the show this morning.

Marvin Ham started following Sark fwiw (less than an hour ago Adam said the players didn’t know yet, so probably nothing. But maybe?).
I can only imagine the players are doing the same thing as us right now, hearing rumors and freaking out and hoping for their favorites

Per sources, Sark is at work today. Doesn’t mean anything either way but an FYI. Also have a source saying this could be done one way or the other in 24 hours with Colorado having or closing in on a decision.

coming from the Bama Boards

Per sources, Sark is at work today. Doesn’t mean anything either way but an FYI. Also have a source saying this could be done one way or the other in 24 hours with Colorado having or closing in on a decision.

Bummer he's not getting to hoops game tonight.

Which Bama boards?

He said exactly that to me on the phone lol. He’s such a dumbass.

You guys never, ever, ever, ever, never take the time to figure out what the sports media people are all about. They do not care if CU wins or loses. The best thing for the media is controversy. They stir the pot to generate viewership/readership and such. Most assuredly they don't even believe what they publicly promote because the best thing for them is chaos. This is not an indictment of sports media people, just insight.
Exactly. Kiszla would love nothing more than a mediocre CU team because he can write his annual article about how CU is not "one of the big boys" and they should just resign themselves to MWC standards and mail it in. He knows this generates the most clicks because CU actually has fans that would be upset when you bash their program. If you bash little brother, no one cares. If you have to write a piece that doesn't involve the Broncos, the best way to generate traffic is to pick on CU.

This is almost a direct quote from what I heard them discuss this morning on 92.5

Back