What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

After listening to this interview doesn't sound like he would want Chev as OC. He wants a veteran play-caller so he HCKD can then focus his efforts on the team as a whole. However, he also said he might call plays so Chev might get a crack at if he goes with the latter option. Here's hoping for the veteran OC and keeping Chev as Asst. HC/WR and RC with a nice raise!
Hopefully a nice raise will keep Chev here, although I'm really nervous he's going to take a different path. Take away his energy, passion, and continuity.... and combine it with HCKD's lukewarm public approvals (on the fence, we'll see), I fear our recruiting momentum is going to take a serious blow.

And, can someone please coach him up on using more convincing words. For example: instead of saying "We think we have everything in place to win here" - please rephrase to - "We KNOW we have everything in place to win here".

I just want to point out that when MSU and Tucker went low, CU AD went high.

We hired someone from the NFL and did not 'raid' another school's coach -- of any level -- at a bad time. Yes, we tried to recruit/hire college coach(es), but no head coaches appeared to be a finalist.

We hired someone from the NFL and did not 'raid' another school's coach -- of any level -- at a bad time. Yes, we tried to recruit/hire college coach(es), but no head coaches appeared to be a finalist.
I'd be careful with that narrative. We interviewed Calhoun and may have at least discussed the opening with Wilcox.

I'd be careful with that narrative. We interviewed Calhoun and may have at least discussed the opening with Wilcox.

Good points. But I'm not convinced that we had an actual interview with Calhoun and I think the Wilcox talk was just that . . . talk by the fans.

Yes, there may have been opportunities to pursue another Div 1 head coach, but we didn't finalize it.

Good points. But I'm not convinced that we had an actual interview with Calhoun and I think the Wilcox talk was just that . . . talk by the fans.

Yes, there may have been opportunities to pursue another Div 1 head coach, but we didn't finalize it.
it's weak sauce. Cut throat business. We weren't trying to hire Sark cause we were trying to be nice.

LOL. Interviewed Calhoun. I suppose you think of we had the money, we would have no interest in making a run at Dabo, Saban, Day, etc.

Obviously the fact that we didn't just hire a proven, successful head coach from a P5 school had nothing to do with the fact that we don't have nearly enough money to do so. No connection whatsoever. Nope, it's just because we're nice like that.

And you know what they say about nice guys...they win titles!!! Wait, is that right?

The whole "CU is moral/ethical and other schools are not" banter is a bunch of crap. CU has a rich history of unethical behavior like virtually every school in the country.
Says the Master Debater! Only crap here is what you spew on a regular basis, Legend-I-Y-O-M.

LOL! That's all I ever hear about Saban and Bellicek...such nice guys....

And I’ve never been interested—at all—in rooting for a Saban or Bellicek.

Once Hawkins showed who he was, I had a hard time even looking at him on the sidelines.

Sure. Win good. Lose bad.

But respecting the players, coach, and the team I root for is pretty dang important, too.

Whatever, Michelle. Just like the DNC, we tried.

Back