What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa not going to play in 08

When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass.

cool. then you can understand that when nonu was tased, the deviants with the taser screwed up. it was their ass.

Varsity said:
So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

call 1-800-WE-CARE.

People who attack people with rocks need to be dealt with. The worst offenders -- worse even than those who commit murder in the heat of passion -- are violent people who have no problem with coming after people full force.

brilliant. junior varsity equates someone who gets upset when his friend is tased steps away from him with a murderer.

riddle me this - why is it that the kid who initially claimed katoa had a rock is backing off? i would not bet the ranch he had one.

If I had gone after some kid with a rock -- and I'm a big guy, not as big as Katoa -- my father would have done the right thing and punnished me.

it really would have sucked if he had punished you.

First of all none of this would have happened had the dumbass not tasered Nonu. Secondly, he is being punished.

clear, and to the point. bravo!

Seems like somebody has a bit of trouble making up his mind. If you think that UT would kick Katoa out of school permanently for something like this, you are a bigger idot than you have made yourself appear to be today...

Karma:thumbsup: for exposing Varsity. If any B12 program has a reputation for laid back stoner, it's UT.

For what it's worth, Katoa's circumstances are more severe than Sipili's. Sip was covering Perry's back while Katoa was covering Nonu's. The difference is that Sip's altercation took place then and there on the hill. Katoa's pursuit involved going to someone's house.

Sip took a rock or brick and broke a store window out of frustration.
Katoa took a rock with him to someone else's house, and assaulted someone.

In the sip case, this was an alcohol fueled spat on the hill that resulted in reconstructive surgery. Although there was a rock in Katoa's hand, I'm not sure the same degree of harm was done.

Both instances are examples of what NOT to do. But IMO, fighting is very different than drug smuggling, rape, or premeditated crimes. I don't see a first time brawling charge as grounds for being kicked off the team. The suspension is punishment, as is the probation or whatever sentencing is handed down by the Boulder courts.

One last thought: If an 18-year old just joined the marines, and got into an altercation like Katoa's within the first two months of enlisting, would he really be kicked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass.
cool. then you can understand that when nonu was tased, the deviants with the taser screwed up. it was their ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varsity
So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.
call 1-800-WE-CARE.

Quote:
People who attack people with rocks need to be dealt with. The worst offenders -- worse even than those who commit murder in the heat of passion -- are violent people who have no problem with coming after people full force.
brilliant. junior varsity equates someone who gets upset when his friend is tased steps away from him with a murderer.

riddle me this - why is it that the kid who initially claimed katoa had a rock is backing off? i would not bet the ranch he had one.

Quote:
If I had gone after some kid with a rock -- and I'm a big guy, not as big as Katoa -- my father would have done the right thing and punnished me.
it really would have sucked if he had punished you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbuffs13 View Post
First of all none of this would have happened had the dumbass not tasered Nonu. Secondly, he is being punished.

clear, and to the point. bravo!

i wonder if thats the dude who tased nonu?

But in your case I'm so right, pussy.
You seem really bright and very capable of reasoning with other people especially in the heat of the moment. I bet you woudnt flip out if one of your fellow marines was tasered.

The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass.

:bs: I had the pleasure of knowing alot of jarheads while i was stationed in San Diego. They were crazy f-cks! Fistfights was pretty common for some of those jarheads. And none of them got kicked out. Hell, they were getting busted for fighting, DUI's and all sorts of other crap. Not one of them that i knew were tossed out of the Corps. The stories some of the lifers told make Katoa's situation really tame. So save the Marine Corps high standard crap for the rest of your jarhead clones.

This kid made a mistake. And he's lucky the board didn't expell him. So i hope for his sake that he'll pull himself together. I know i'm pulling for him.

I hope everyone ****ing neg repped the dumbass on this thread...what a dip****. I'd respond to all of his posts, but it seems like that's already been done...

Katoa will be a stud. He made an error, and will learn from it. All "normal" guys though need to realize that picking on DI football players is NOT a good idea. There's too many cocky, idiotic drunk dudes out there...

Varsity: Since you are a Marine yourself, I think you're being somewhat hypocritical when you say that Katoa doesn't deserve a second chance.. considering that the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the Marines give numerous Americans, who (not all) at some point screwed up on something, a second chance to do something with their lives by enlisting. Can't CU give second chances too?

To make the assertion that there's been no punishment meted out in this situation is absurd. The punishment fit the crime. If you'll recall, many of us around here thought that this exact situation would come to pass given what happened with Sipili. The two situations are very similar, and the punishment doled out was nearly identical. So to make the statement that he's somehow getting preferential treatment is false.

We're not a "no tolerance" society. We have tolerance for people who make mistakes. We punish them for their indescretions and then welcome them back into our good graces with open arms. All indications are that Katoa showed appropriate remorse for his actions and has been willing to make amends. In many ways, it shows a lot more courage to stick it out at CU and do the right thing than to transfer someplace else.

I think the system was consistent in this case and really don't have any issue with how things worked out. I'm sorry if varsity does. But that seems to be his problem, not anybody elses.

Well said. We're talking about a kid who should still be in high school away from home for the first time. He messed up and he is paying the price.

*siren* sarcasm alert! :lol:

This guy is such a poser. He's got 27 posts to his name and wants to preach to us on how perfect an 18 yr old should act.

To Varsity team @$$hole

1. you are either a liar, or couldnt hack it in the Marines. I am still in the military, I work for a Marine LtCol and work with several other Marines. Every one of us would back each other up and fight for a fellow serviceman if they needed help.

2. You have no honor and you are an embarassment to anyone who ever wore a uniform, for you to put yourself on a pedestal and make judgement calls on abandoning a young man for screwing up. You must've been a terrible leader if you treated your troops that way. That is if you even progressed enough to lead America's finest. When a young man screws up, military, football player, or otherwise, you don't just kick him out and try to ruin his life. You discipline, guide, and train him so the does not repeat the offense. You give him every opportunity to succeed in the future. If and when they are no longer willing to work hard or want to be part of the team then you show them alternate options.

3. only a suggestion, since better men than you have served and are STILL serving to protect your freedom, but perhaps you need to find another site to spew your trash. You're not very popular around here.

BTW i have nothing against Marines. I have a couple of friends who are still stationed out at Pendleton. I just hate the ones(Navy, Marine, ARMY, it doesn't matter who you are) who act and talk to everyone like they are better than that person. I hate arrogant people in general. I try not to be like those douchebags. I hope i never come off as that type of person. Especially on an internet message board.

Hey, you don't like my opinion, fine, but calling me names? **** you. Throw him AND the assholes that were involved off campus, but we don't need this **** at CU. The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass. So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

Our fans and students already have a reputation as being the worst in the Big 12 and we've already suffered enough bad pub to last a life time. Maybe I have higher standards than the rest of you but I'd toss his ass off the team.

Hey Jarhead,I'm ex 82nd airborne,you want a cookie? RELAX marine,and thanks for your service,trained with some marines and they were hard-core and cool.

You are right,you screw up like that in the service you werte toeing the line but that's a different atmosphere and different way of life as you know.

We don't need this crap but the kid made a dumb decision and he's paying for it.Hopefully he squares himself away.But,it seemed a little harsh your post.

OOH- RAH:thumbsup:

BTW i have nothing against Marines. I have a couple of friends who are still stationed out at Pendleton. I just hate the ones(Navy, Marine, ARMY, it doesn't matter who you are) who act and talk to everyone like they are better than that person. I hate arrogant people in general. I try not to be like those douchebags. I hope i never come off as that type of person. Especially on an internet message board.

Death from above!

I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes so therefore,i'm better than YOU:smile2::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Death from above!

I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes so therefore,i'm better than YOU:smile2::lol::lol::lol:

You airborn's are insane. No friggin way i could ever do something like that. I have a hard enough time getting on my roof to clean the gutters. :lol:

Hey Jarhead,I'm ex 82nd airborne,you want a cookie? RELAX marine,and thanks for your service,trained with some marines and they were hard-core and cool.

You are right,you screw up like that in the service you werte toeing the line but that's a different atmosphere and different way of life as you know.

We don't need this crap but the kid made a dumb decision and he's paying for it.Hopefully he squares himself away.But,it seemed a little harsh your post.

OOH- RAH:thumbsup:

The first offense always came with a slap on the wrist. Maybe not in the Rangers, or Airborne. But i can't recall someone getting kicked out of the service for a fistfight. Unless it was with an officer. Then your screwed.

You airborn's are insane. No friggin way i could ever do something like that. I have a hard enough time getting on my roof to clean the gutters. :lol:

You want to know the funny part? I had a fear of heights back then,I would never go on roller coasters as a kid and I go and do that:wow:

For some reason,being so high up and the shoot popping so fast wasn't that bad.I rode the aerosmith coaster at disney world but the ones at cedar point,ohio...I don't know..

The first offense always came with a slap on the wrist. Maybe not in the Rangers, or Airborne. But i can't recall someone getting kicked out of the service for a fistfight. Unless it was with an officer. Then your screwed.

Right and you BACKED your buddies PERIOD. I don't care if someone threw a piece of candy,if your buddy was involved you were right there ready to break out a can of whoopa$$.

:thumbsup::lol: You rock syko. Keep up the good posts. Great to have service Buffs speaking up.

Thanks man, glad to see you posting (maybe it was me who was out of the loop) Your posts keep me laughing in these hard times of CU athletics:smile2:

Right and you BACKED your buddies PERIOD. I don't care if someone threw a piece of candy,if your buddy was involved you were right there ready to break out a can of whoopa$$.

True. But your buddies should be there for you by stopping the fight (if possible). I wonder where Katoa's boys were when Katoa was going crazy. They should've been telling him not to waste the opportunity he has here. That's what i'd do. Or try to do. It would be a shame to see Lynn waste a free education on some stupid macho BS.

True. But your buddies should be there for you by stopping the fight (if possible). I wonder where Katoa's boys were when Katoa was going crazy. They should've been telling him not to waste the opportunity he has here. That's what i'd do. Or try to do. It would be a shame to see Lynn waste a free education on some stupid macho BS.

Was he by himself when he went to skip stones at the taser house? His friends should have stopped him. Oh well,we have plenty of LB's and by all indications,I think cabral will reel him in.

Was he by himself when he went to skip stones at the taser house? His friends should have stopped him. Oh well,we have plenty of LB's and by all indications,I think cabral will reel him in.

It's impossible to predict how someone will react in that kind of situation.

LB is the position i never really worry about. Cabral always does a great job getting the most out of his players. We are incredibly lucky to have him for all of these years.

It's impossible to predict how someone will react in that kind of situation.

LB is the position i never really worry about. Cabral always does a great job getting the most out of his players. We are incredibly lucky to have him for all of these years.

Damn straight,20 years and the guy has been awesome. I worry about what happens when he finally calls it quits. Will the polynesian pipeline still be there and what about the developement of the lb's we get and will they be as good as the guys he's recruiting now?

Damn it valdezj, you got me depressed now:smile2:

WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I felt left out so I'm posting... WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULAR THREADED CONTENT

WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I felt left out so I'm posting... WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULAR THREADED CONTENT

Awesome a fellow wings hater, you move to the the front of the line!:thumbsup:

syko, you're sounding like a big pussy right now. quit getting along and agreeing with everyone. I liked it better when you were pissed about every thing.:smile2:

Don't go chasing waterfalls! TLC

Back