What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa not going to play in 08

Originally Posted by Varsity
Hey, you don't like my opinion, fine, but calling me names? **** you. Throw him AND the assholes that were involved off campus, but we don't need this **** at CU. The effing punk attacked a kid with a rock in his hand. When I was his age I was in the Marine Corps where screwing up meant your ass. So, I don't need any teeage dude-spouting pussies pretending to be big men on the Internet talking ****.

Our fans and students already have a reputation as being the worst in the Big 12 and we've already suffered enough bad pub to last a life time. Maybe I have higher standards than the rest of you but I'd toss his ass off the team.

Yeah guys, let's try and be more mature like Varsity... what a douche... :cry:

And I'm sure that none of those Marines you served with would have done anything if one of their comrades was tasered by some ****head punk for no reason, right? They would have just turned the other cheek and walked away... Talk about bull****.

BTW, if you're going to whine about name calling, you might hold off on calling other people pussies. It kind of makes you look like one yourself...

:thumbsup:

Uh Oh! Heated stuff in this thread.
I did like Varsity's photo album of old Buffs. You guys should check it out if you haven't already.
Really now... the young man made a mistake in the heat of a heated situation. He could have done much worse. He could have handled it better. It looks like it is somewhere in between. If he is allowed to attend school, practice and redshirt this fall, then the best might come of all of this. Hopefully he will recognize this with the help of adults who have his best interest in mind.

One other note, the JA office at CU does give the impression that they may be selectively heavy handed. They might not be, but it does look that way. My impression comes from experience on the Student/Faculty Misconduct Appeals Committee at the institution where I work. It is basically the appeal arm of a similar JA office. I'll start my 2nd 3 year term this summer after a 3 year break. I also continue to serve on the same committee within a school of the institution(about 7 years now), so I've seen quite a few cases.

I little late to this thread.

But I think missing 1 year fits the crime. I do not support what Katoa did and I think a 1 year suspension from the team is appropriate. He will hopefully learn a good lesson and grow from this.

What he did was serious, from what was reported, but he doesn't deserve to see entire future sacrificed for a really bad mistake. It doesn't look like he has a history of this type of behavior, so hopefully this message will sink in.

That said. He has used up his one chance, and he should be given very little lead way on future mistakes.

isnt it also sorta good that he gets to redshirt get to know the game better and get stronger and stuff?

yeah, sorta. but it wouldve been sorta better if he coulda practiced in the spring and summer. he will be behind even other redshirt freshmen next year when he would have been way ahead otherwise. remember how happy we were to hear that he'd graduate early and be here for spring drills?

Back