What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

If this would’ve happened 2 years ago, would the Pac 12 be in the situation it now finds itself in?
almost certainly.

it was > 2 years ago that OU and UT announced their move to the SEC and it's likely that USC and UCLA were already in process of their negotiations to the B1G. I don't think there's reason to believe that CU's success two years ago would've generated a media deal for the Pac comparable to those of the P2.

almost certainly.

it was > 2 years ago that OU and UT announced their move to the SEC and it's likely that USC and UCLA were already in process of their negotiations to the B1G. I don't think there's reason to believe that CU's success two years ago would've generated a media deal for the Pac comparable to those of the P2.
The Pac 12 is going to draw a lot of eyeballs this year because there are a lot of good football teams.
Add in the Prime effect and the ratings will be off the charts.
If this would have occurred two years ago, I’ll bet SC and UCLA don’t make the move.

I'm addicted to Ray-Ban that is all I have worn for over 30 years, prior to that it was Vuarnet.
Are these just costume shades are do they work?
serious question
I have a ridiculously large head/face. So, my collection is not as big as I’d like, but sometimes whims take over. My “premium” level shades are Ray-Ban, Persol, GLCO (I’ve taken cues from favorite musicians and actors from the 50’s-70’s). I have a couple pair of Shady Rays that I keep in my car and my wife’s car just in case I run out of the house with nothing. If Blenders are on par with Shady Rays, then I’ll probably be less likely to breakout the premium ones as often. Since I typically end up putting them on my shirt collar when not on my face, which has caused a broken lense or three on my RB Aviators.

For riding bikes/cycling, I picked up a pair of truckstop wrap arounds a few weeks ago, and I think I wore those for my entire vacation. It was nice to not worry if my sunglasses fell on the ground.

If this would’ve happened 2 years ago, would the Pac 12 be in the situation it now finds itself in?

No one in his right mind bases long term contracts based a few billion on the presence of one person and I think we all agree this is mostly down to the presence of Deion Sanders at CU. There are no guarantees Sanders is here next year and then what? You’re stuck with the product either way. Life is also very fragile and he could get run over on his way home. There are no guarantees in life.

Plus he'll have other options.
Colorado has US Senate elections in 26 and 28.
Could be a serious consideration
Given all the interest, I want to add:

CP is 100% aware of Tommy Tuberville, and,
Seriously or not, it's 100% CP thought about himself in that kind of role.
CP is more popular in Colorado, than TT was in whatever Southern hellhole he came from.
Nationally, CP is 100x more popular than TT ever was.
CP is a man who absolutely wants to accomplish all he can. I don't think coaching is it.
Senate in 28, VP run in 32.
You want to keep CP 5 years?

CP is more popular in Colorado, than TT was in whatever Southern hellhole he came from.
CP is a man who absolutely wants to accomplish all he can. I don't think coaching is it.
What is this nonsense

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

No one in his right mind bases long term contracts based a few billion on the presence of one person and I think we all agree this is mostly down to the presence of Deion Sanders at CU. There are no guarantees Sanders is here next year and then what? You’re stuck with the product either way. Life is also very fragile and he could get run over on his way home. There are no guarantees in life.
Good point. However they were already willing to agree to $30 million per team. The Pac and, apparently, USC and UCLA, sought $50 million. Maybe those two stay for $40 million which would be $120 million over what the networks were willing to spend.

And I agree that they wouldn’t do it based on Prime. But CU has made a commitment to being good for the long haul. And suddenly the Pac is, arguably, the most entertaining conference in football.

But whatever. Water under the bridge. The die is cast and it’s a shame.

Jim Carrey Idea GIF

Man, the stars are kind of aligning for CU football to become really big in Denver again. Prime, success on the field, AND Sean Payton freezing out the local media. It's the week before the season opener for the Broncos, and there's more CU talk than Broncos talk on the radio. Granted, it's Nub week, but still, as everyone is so often reminding us, Denver is a Broncos town.

But look at it from the radio guys' perspectives - they can rehash the little crumbs that the Broncos throw out while Payton hobnobs with the national media, or they can talk about the veritable cornucopia of stuff from Prime and CU. The morning show on 92.5 went from talking CU to interviewing a national guy about the piece that guy did on Payton and the Broncos to talking CU again. I've seen tweets from local guys about how they're pissed about the way they're being treated by the Broncos and they'd rather talk about something else.

I love it. I'm sure the insecure Broncos superfan is texting the radio stations 100x an hour, pissed off that they're not rehashing Russell Wilson's weight for the 157th time since training camp opened, but this can only bring more local attention to the program, which can really pay off in NIL and branding.

Man, the stars are kind of aligning for CU football to become really big in Denver again. Prime, success on the field, AND Sean Payton freezing out the local media. It's the week before the season opener for the Broncos, and there's more CU talk than Broncos talk on the radio. Granted, it's Nub week, but still, as everyone is so often reminding us, Denver is a Broncos town.

But look at it from the radio guys' perspectives - they can rehash the little crumbs that the Broncos throw out while Payton hobnobs with the national media, or they can talk about the veritable cornucopia of stuff from Prime and CU. The morning show on 92.5 went from talking CU to interviewing a national guy about the piece that guy did on Payton and the Broncos to talking CU again. I've seen tweets from local guys about how they're pissed about the way they're being treated by the Broncos and they'd rather talk about something else.

I love it. I'm sure the insecure Broncos superfan is texting the radio stations 100x an hour, pissed off that they're not rehashing Russell Wilson's weight for the 157th time since training camp opened, but this can only bring more local attention to the program, which can really pay off in NIL and branding.
Not that everyone on this board cares, but it's not a problem for the Broncos either if they ignore the local media. That exposure simply doesn't matter for the NFL.

Not that everyone on this board cares, but it's not a problem for the Broncos either if they ignore the local media. That exposure simply doesn't matter for the NFL.

No it's helping the Buffs locally though.

Actually, I'm going to put a conditional on that, because a buddy of mine texted me that DMac on the Fan is apparently saying that CU needs to expand Folsom to 100k 'to compete'. God the Fan is a joke.

Then they apparently transitioned to if the Broncos could get Shedeur and Prime in 2025.

I truly believe that it's a cultural phenomenon that feeds on its own momentum to keep growing. As long as CU is relevant on the field, this is our reality.
I don’t know what to believe at this point. It feels like a dream where you miraculously end up on a date with an SI Swimsuit Model, you just sat down for dinner and you’re itching like crazy to get back to her place and finish the damn thing, but you’re afraid it’s only a matter of time before she figures out you’re WAY out of her league and it never happens

Back